Will G&K Be like Beyond the Sword was for Civ 4?

Rowzdower

Chieftain
Meaning, will it have a set of popular mods such as Rhyes and Fall, random events, regrowing forests, some more scenarios like ww2? I hope its not the same old civ 5/

Meaning, will it have a set of popular mods such as Rhyes and Fall, random events, regrowing forests, some more scenarios like ww2? I hope its not the same old civ 5/
No, unknown, no and no.

The scenarios included are:
* Rise Fall of the Roman Empire
* Medieval scenario
* A steampunk scenario

And there are already a lot of mods out for Civ5, check the mod browser :)

also keep in mind that G&K is only the first expanions.
There's a big chance there'll be more scenarios in the future, either through future DLC or future expanions.

I think that Rhye's and Fall perhaps has more to do with the DLL? The last that I heard it was in development, anyway.

No, unknown, no and no.

The scenarios included are:
* Rise of the Roman Empire
* Medieval scenario
* A steampunk scenario

And there are already a lot of mods out for Civ5, check the mod browser :)

A little bit odd I think that they are adding all of the World War I units and yet the scenarios are either substantially pre-industrialisation, or in an alternative Victorian era.

One of the World Wars ought to have been included. Preferably World War II and the inclusion of Churchill; I suppose that it isn't helped by the fact that they opted for Elizabeth over Churchill and for Washington over Roosevelt.

I think that Rhye's and Fall perhaps has more to do with the DLL? The last that I heard it was in development, anyway.

right. The majority of the 'big' mods came out after they had time to play with the .dll and make significant changes. So with the .dll coming out (some year), that's more likely the point where the transformative mods will start appearing.

otherwise, provided GaK has decent testing/design/development, it will come close to the BtS level for an expansion improving the overall game (Ie - playing with the expansion is better than playing vanilla).

Not sure about the rest, but we already have a popular mod and random events with Thals mod. ;)

EDIT: Didn't see Wobuffet's post. Whoops. Oh well, more glory for Thal! :D

Top Bottom