Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

This is the first VG Expo I've ever watched, just wanted to tell you Greg, you're doing a bang up job. :D

1:24:16 mouse over the new resource tile. I *think* coffee, requires plantation, 2:c5food: 1:c5production: 1:c5gold: in a forest.

I think what i saw at 1:39:41 is the same as your find - i think Citrus is correct.

I'll correct my first assumption of 4f/7g to 4 food/2 gold

so my guess for the mystery improvement is Citrus, Plantation resource,available off forests (possibly grassland too)

3:c5food: 1:c5production: 2:c5gold: off forest
4:c5food: 2:c5gold: off grassland

Base resource provides +1:c5food: +1:c5gold:
Plantation provides +1:c5food: +1:c5gold: and does not remove forest

Good to see some new resources! Looks like us fans who stuck with CiV are finally getting what we dreamed of. :goodjob:

Whose is the guy on the new main menu screen? Is it perhaps the unknown leader of the ninth Civ? Hopefully, not... I was hoping for someone a bit darker... lol

FYI we will be replaying the civ demo later, and I will be talking just a tad about Maya when I am next on camera :)

Make sure you're certain what you're talking about this time. That interview with Mr Shirk was terrible, you didn't even know the release date and sounded really bored most of the time.

He scrolled over that resource. I have the video up it has a turtle flipper. Sea Turtles?And then across the map is a boar or pig or something. Its is so aggravating because it is not in focus. What a dirty trick! :lol:

The one near Atilla's Court? It says it's Crabs. It's not the clearest thing, but like most of the text in the video, you can make it out.

Also, the "pigs" look more like wild boar: not a particularly important distinction, but it's clearly a forest resource that needs a camp improvement rather than a pasture. Another beneficiary of the Goddess of the Hunt pantheon belief, it would seem.

What about the sea resource that looks like turtles? And the what looks like a pig?

He scrolled over that resource. I have the video up it has a turtle flipper. Sea Turtles?And then across the map is a boar or pig or something. Its is so aggravating because it is not in focus. What a dirty trick! :lol:

What are times when the turtles and pigs show up?

The one that looks like turtles is unfortunately crabs. There's a resource NW of Attila's Court that looks a lot like pigs (Forest tile, adjacent to mountain).

EDIT: They're both just after he first loads the Attila save file

Here are the founder beliefs

Church Property: +2 Gold for each city following this Religion
Initiation Rites: +100 Gold when each city first converts to this Religion
Interfaith Dialougue: Gain Science when a missionary spreads this religion to cities of other religions
Papal Primacy + 15 to Influence making (?) points with City States following this religion
Peace Loving: +1 Happiness for every 5 followers of this Religion in non-enemy cities
Pilgrmage: +1 Faith for each foreign city following this Religion
Tithe: +1 Gold for every 4 followers of this Religion
World Church: +1 Culture for every 5 followers of this Religion in other civilizations

Confident in everything but Papal Primacy (which is definitely wrong)

Here's the pig resource !

Attachments

• pigres.png
    pigres.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 4,893
Make sure you're certain what you're talking about this time. That interview with Mr Shirk was terrible, you didn't even know the release date and sounded really bored most of the time.

I was reading the chat on my iPad so I could take live questions; I was definitely not bored ;P

Are you sure it's not "acquire embassy" instead of "adopt embassy"?

No, they're crabs - the mouse is over the tile for a while and you can see the tile info on the bottom right.

Top Bottom