Who and how will you play first?

I was wondering what will be you'rer first civ you will play at the expansion game.

Wich civilization?
Wich map?
Wich difficulty?
WIch speed?

I didn't know How I could make a poll so just post you're settings

if someone could explain me how to post a poll would be nice :p

Civ: Byzantium
Map: Continents
Difficulty: Prince
Speed: Standart or Epic

I will probably try to play against all the other G&K civs, just so I can see their Leadrheads. :D

Wich civilization? Byzantinum/Austria/Maya/Netherlands(??)
Mayaaas I think
Wich map? huge,random,resources normal,age young
Wich difficulty? prince
WIch speed? epic/normal (??)
epic I think

It depends on what civ is the last one, but as of now I'd probably go with Ethiopia, on fractal or continents, in normal game speed, normal difficulty.

(And there is a box at the very bottom of the thread creation-screen you have to check to create a poll)

Yeah I know that there is option creat poll I just don't know what to do next how do I create the poll chooses just add them at the post?

It seems a lot of people will be playing on prince just to get the hang of it :p
I am doubting about playing the netherlands because I want to know if he actualy speeks dutch and in wich dialect or accent So If i want to see him I proparly can't play him

The civ : Austria or Nethererlands
The map : Earth or British Isles
The difficulty : Warlord or Prince
The speed : Quick or Standart

I was wondering what will be you'rer first civ you will play at the expansion game.

Wich civilization?
Wich map?
Wich difficulty?
WIch speed?

I think perhaps the Celts to make use of their greater faith production? Hopefully allowing testing out the new religion mechanics more quickly.

No sure about the rest of the settings; I might drop difficulty a bit to Emperor to get to grips with things.

The civ : Austria or Carthago
The map : Contintent plus
The difficulty : Prince
The speed : Standard

Civ: I'll probably go with the Mayans first, but that kind of depends on what they can do. If not Mayans, then Byzantines or Celts, just to get a look at faith.
Map: I play random map types, I'll leave that on. Probably Standard size.
Difficulty: Emperor. Currently I'm not having trouble with Emperor, but I don't want to move up until I get used to the expansion (and indeed, may have to move down again)
The speed: Standard

I really liked the Mayans in Civ IV, and I'm certain they're going to do something unique and interesting in Gods + Kings, so I'm looking forward to that. Afterwards I'll definitely have a close look at faith based games, and then third playthrough will probably be Attila.

civ: Byzantinum or other religion new civ
map: Fractal large
difficulty: King
speed: Standard

Civ : Spain against the 10 new civs, I might crank it up and add any of the civs that got their bonuses change. (i.e Songhai or England)
Map : Most likely continents or Pangea on anymap that supports 10 or 12 civs (Large/Huge)
Difficulty : Settler or maybe Warlord, probably Warlord
Speed : Quick as always.

Civilization: Any of the old civs.
Map: Continents (I'm sure my laptop wouldn't survive a huge map, so I'll go with standard size).
Difficulty: Warlord (to see if Firaxis really improved the AI)
Speed: Probably Standard

I usually play a standard map, but that would be difficult to fit everyone. I might go for either a Large map or a crowded standard map.

My goal is simple: Have all the civs there. I'll probably go for conquest because it's the most efficient. Originally, I suggested I would play as the Byzantines to try out religion. However, unless we get to see videos of the leader screens before release, I think I'll go with Austria for two reasons: First, because their UA isn't completely tied to new features so I don't get a slanted feel. Second, I've already seen Maria Theresa and can see everyone else this way. Also, a late renaissance UU might give me an extra boost to get over the hump to beat the rest of my enemies.

I'll probably play Prince (slightly lower than normal) difficulty and continents just to make sure it lasts long enough. My only fear is if the AI kills each other before I meet them.

Civ: any of the old civs, but vs some or all of the new civs (a first impression is important!)
Map: fractal
Difficulty: Prince
Speed: epic or standard
Size: huge, with all CS's

Looking forward to this one! :)

I also am going to go for the Diplomatic Victory since that one seems most one to try out since it's getting revamped (as to how to get it)

Austria*
Huge
Warlord
Marathon

*subject to change.

I will be reviewing the Civipedia prior to any actual gameplay.

Civ: Carthage or the ninth mystery civ, depends who that is.
Map: Continents plus
Size: large
Difficulty: I may start on king just to see how things are, then back up to Emperor for my second game.
Speed: Standard

I am going to have Siam and India in the game for elephants, along with all new civs, and hated Rome. So it will be 12 civs on a large map and 10 or 12 CSs. This way there is some room to expand. My second game will be more CS orientated and I may play as Austria or the Huns.

If its Carthage, I'll mimic Hannibal even though the leader is Dido. Lots of elephants and slaughter. I will test the threshold of the new diplomacy system and see how real warmongers fair in the early game.

As far as religion goes I am not sure what my strategy will be, probably my choices will be centered on production and growth.

In the late game, to make things interesting, I am thinking of choosing freedom. :lol: I want to be an arsenal of Democracy. :)

I'll let the dice do the choosing.

Civ: Random, but rerolling untill I have one of the new civs.
Map: Random
Size: Random, but rerolling if it the loading time suggests it's a huge map.
Difficulty: King for strarters
Speed: Standard

I probably won't play as one of the new civs at first, because I like interacting with all the new leaderheads. :D But my first game as a new civ is probably going to be Austria. Tone down the difficulty to get a grip on the changes, and standard continents.

Top Bottom