New Natural Wonders?

WeneedmoreCivs

Warlord
I love the idea of natural wonders, but there were simply not enough of them. I want MANY more...will they be adding any?

There was an accidental patch a couple weeks about that contained files for four new natural wonders: Mount Kailash, Mount Sinai, Uluru and one other that escapes me

Really? That's awesome. The ones you mentioned will be great on my Earth map. :D

There was an accidental patch a couple weeks about that contained files for four new natural wonders: Mount Kailash, Mount Sinai, Uluru and one other that escapes me

Accidental patch? Why didn't I get that?
I do like the idea of those though...

We aren't sure, but in reviews/articles Mt Sinai has been mentioned as included in the Demos that the interviewees were shown.

Greg came and said it was part of a patch for stuff that was coming out later (this was before the expansion was revealed).

So could very well come with the expansion, but Greg said it would be part of a patch.

We aren't sure, but in reviews/articles Mt Sinai has been mentioned as included in the Demos that the interviewees were shown.

Greg came and said it was part of a patch for stuff that was coming out later (this was before the expansion was revealed).

So could very well come with the expansion, but Greg said it would be part of a patch.

Interesting. It would be very strange to release free stuff right before an expansion, but it would be appreciated.

I love the idea of natural wonders, but there were simply not enough of them. I want MANY more...will they be adding any?

Only if you mean you would like to see many more variety, then I would agree. Having more natural wonders (as well as resources) on a map (i.e, higher density) would be a very bad idea.

Bermuda Triangle :)
Mariana Trench
Niagara Falls (or Victoria Falls)
Salar de Uyuni
Tianmen Cave

Bermuda Triangle would rule!
So would Mariana Trench/Challenger Deep and Niagara Falls

Should also have Victoria Falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Serengheti, Lake Baikal, Galapagos Islands.

Needless to say, also random Natural Wonder generation, so not all of them appear on the same map.

I was about to mention Galapagos Islands, the more variety the better, Im sick of seeing the Barringer crater so much.

With so many natural incredible locations I still cant understand why would they use fantasy ones, el dorado and fountain of Youth? I hope Atlantis is not a new Natural Wonder.

It seems like there should be some cool forests as Natural Wonders. Like Redwood National Park.

Royal Gorge

Dead Sea

The giant red rock in Australia

Glacier National Park (something to give icy regions a bit of a boost).

A beach of some kind.

Where is Easter Island?

I was about to mention Galapagos Islands, the more variety the better, Im sick of seeing the Barringer crater so much.

With so many natural incredible locations I still cant understand why would they use fantasy ones, el dorado and fountain of Youth? I hope Atlantis is not a new Natural Wonder.

It made sense in the New World scenario which introduced them. But no, I don't know why they were introduced into the main game. It's also off to have some Natural Wonders with 'first to discover' bonuses and others without (and the Fountain of Youth effect is completely over the top in any case). I like the graphics for both, but I hope that some of the new Natural Wonders will replace these two. Even had it existed, El Dorado could hardly be considered 'natural', and the graphic for the fountain is of an artificial fountain (though the myth is more appropriately of a spring).

If we're unlucky, the focus on religious Natural Wonders will give us Shangri-La. :(

EDIT: I really like the idea of the Galapagos as a Natural Wonder. Uluru I understand is being added, but the graphic won't look that different from the existing mesa.

The Grand Canyon is sufficiently obvious that it must have been left out for a reason.

Other ideas: Mount Api:

Iguacu Falls:

It seems like there should be some cool forests as Natural Wonders. Like Redwood National Park.

Royal Gorge

Dead Sea

The giant red rock in Australia

Glacier National Park (something to give icy regions a bit of a boost).

A beach of some kind.

Where is Easter Island?

I'd like to see Aokigahara, but I doubt the Woods of Suicide would make it in even though it's a major Japanese tourist attraction :'(

Top Bottom