Jesuit Education

ggmoyang

King
Personally I didn't tried this, but in last game an AI chose this and spread his religion to me.

Public School was :c5faith:400. Looked quite good, unfortunately I didn't had enough faith though.

I checked XML then, all 3 science building were set at :c5faith:200 cost.

Since you get x2 penalty on faith purchases in Industrial Era, Public School was 400. A Research lab would be :c5faith:600 (x3 in modern).

I think this is still weaker than For the Glory of God, since you can purchase GS and other GP. How do you think?

Yeah i find the units and buildings to be too expensive for what they are... 400 or 600 isnt too bad but when artillery costs 1500 and a great scientist is the same or cheaper it's not even a choice

I think this is still weaker than For the Glory of God, since you can purchase GS and other GP. How do you think?

Depends on what policies you have, anyway. Tradition and Rationalism are strong policy tree choices and give access to Great Engineers and Scientists regardless of Glory of God. I would probably not pick Glory of God if I had those two branches completed (or nearing completion).

Question: if you faith-buy a great engineer, for example, would it raise the faith cost for a future great scientist?

Purchasing GP with faith only increases faith costs of the same GP. I got to the information and could till buy a couple of GP for 1500:)

No. If you faith buy a GE, then it raises the faith costs of only future GEs.
===

About Jesuit Education, if you took piety and also took the policy that reduces the faith costs of buying religious buildings by half, you could reduce that 400 public school back to only 200 faith

Yeah i find the units and buildings to be too expensive for what they are... 400 or 600 isnt too bad but when artillery costs 1500 and a great scientist is the same or cheaper it's not even a choice

Think of it like the Founder Beliefs. There are a few amazing ones, a few situational ones, and then there's the consolation prizes (looking at you, Peace Loving). It's not like you are going to get TTGoG every game. Jesuit Education provides a decent and reliable option, even if it isn't the best option out of the bunch. The same can be said for Religious Fervor.

Jesuit is incredibly powerful, I think I will try a game with it in my next BNW game.

I plan on using faith to buy public schools and then go on a conquering spree and bring a great prophet with me/conquer a civ following my religion to then rush buy public schools in all of these new cities to get another fast science center going too

No. If you faith buy a GE, then it raises the faith costs of only future GEs.
===

About Jesuit Education, if you took piety and also took the policy that reduces the faith costs of buying religious buildings by half, you could reduce that 400 public school back to only 200 faith
Oh right, it's 20% discount though. 320 then. Since that policy don't apply to GP purchases, that's some good thing for Jesuit.

Is it 20%? Then they must have reduced the cost of Pagodas/mosques/cathedrals as with the policy I was buying them at 100 faith only at standard game pace

Is it 20%? Then they must have reduced the cost of Pagodas/mosques/cathedrals as with the policy I was buying them at 100 faith only at standard game pace
No, it's same 200 and 160 with Mandate of Heaven.

Edit: This was from my Brazil game and I'm sure about this.

Well I was buying them for 100 faith - for sure. Let me pull up an old save to double check.

Oh well that's embarrassing, just loaded up a save and yep I guess I just ignored the 6 in the 160 as I was generating too much faith per turn. But yep, they weren't changed - my bad

Jesuit Education is very, very powerful. With the half cost SP in Piety, even more so. (I picked Jesuit Education when I played with Indonesia, and my candis were generating extra faith, so that also helped. Mosques as well.)

I was able to buy 6 Research Labs in 1 turn from having saved enough faith. That is quite literally a game changer and I don't care what kind of Civ game you play. No single coin wasted, no single point of production squandered.

That is just filthy.

I was playing as byzantium for a cultural victory. I decided to go pagodas, mosques and cathedrals and then the reformation that adds tourism to them but some ai ninj'd it and I took jesuit education instead. With faith buildings, stonehenge and Boruboduru (or what it is), buying science was really really useful. To the point that I think I should have wanted this reformation in the first place. Defintely the strongest reformation belief, maybe tied with the unit buying one

Faith buying Industrial and later unit belief is one of weaker one.
Most unit :c5faith: cost is :c5production: x 2, and since you get Industrial Era penalty it becomes x4.
With Mandate of Heaven it's :c5faith:3.2 per :c5production:. Since Shrine+Temple produces 5:c5faith: per turn, it translates to 1.5625:c5production: per turn for 2 buildings.
And this becomes worse with Era advance.

Yeah, I don't see why one would want to faith buy military units for amounts one could almost get GP with.

Top Bottom