Rise of Asia

hows this so far?

Attachments

• Kushanprev.jpg
    Kushanprev.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 58
well the body isnt even started. I just did colored it, the final one will have its own texture. Right now I am only focusing on the face. When I did an image search I found that Sri Lankas have dark skin. But I think places in South, and South East Asia light skin symbolizes royality, or light skin is though to be better.

hows this so far?
His facial structure, etc. looks really good. The top knot in the bust you showed for comparison is important; it's a sign of high caste (ie nobility).

well the body isnt even started. I just did colored it, the final one will have its own texture. Right now I am only focusing on the face. When I did an image search I found that Sri Lankas have dark skin. But I think places in South, and South East Asia light skin symbolizes royality, or light skin is though to be better.
The light skin would indicate that she's part of the invading nobility. Kuveni, being indigenous, would have the dark skin of a Tamil or Dravidian. Part of her story is that she was married by an invading prince in order to gain control, and then rejected in favor of a lighter skinned princess from the mainland. But the facial structure itself is fine.

Blue Monkey, do you have any pictures of what Sri Lanka royality would wear? Or would it be the same as Indians?

I need help with the backgrounds for Ancient and Medievil
Please give me until Tuesday midnight PST (48 hours from now). Normally I could do it faster, but like most Mondays, tomorrow I won't have any web time at all. I'll find the best answers I can (images and links) for both questions and post them here.

PS: the new skin tone is great!

If you need any buildings for this mod, just post a request and I'll get to it. ;)

Blue Monkey, do you have any pictures of what Sri Lanka royality would wear? Or would it be the same as Indians?
Here's what I hope will be the first of two galleries posted tonight. Upper left - various styles of sari associated with the Tamils and/or worn in Sri Lanka. Nobility would be distinguished by the richness of the cloth itself, and splendor of ornament. The photo is of a male Sri Lankan Kandy Ves dancer, included to show the ornateness of headdress and jewelry. The other images are from the caves at Sigiriya and show noble women and serving girls. Only the serving girls covered their torsos (hence the spoiler); the nobles had much more elaborated headdresses and jewelry. In general, following examples of southern India (keywords like Chola Dynasty, Dravidian, Tamil, etc.) wouldn't fall too far off the mark. Hope this helps.
Spoiler :

That looks great. :eek:

How do you usually make the hair props for your poser figures?

That's an excellent LH! Were I to change anything it would be 2 minor details: in all the images I see whether frescoes, sculptures, or bas-reliefs, the nobles are wearing multiple necklaces. She should have at least one more strand of pearls, plus something else like garnets, rubies, or emeralds. Also, the gold in her headdress and earrings should be almost what we would consider garish - big, thick or multiple bands on her head, and door-knocker size earrings.

PS: sorry to put you off on the backgrounds. I've got images in a folder, but it will take a couple of hours to put them together into a postable form, and I'm too tired to do it tonight. I should be able to offer you at least 3-4 possible settings that are specifically Sri Lankan tomorrow evening.

sure, no problem. How is the crown? I used my imagination, I never seen a Sri Lankan crown, I just tried to use the cave painting.
For Medievil I am thinking, female in Mughal sultan clothing. I may make this full era, so I will save the typical Indian woman clothing for Modern era.

sure, no problem. How is the crown? I used my imagination, I never seen a Sri Lankan crown, I just tried to use the cave painting.
For Medievil I am thinking, female in Mughal sultan clothing. I may make this full era, so I will save the typical Indian woman clothing for Modern era.
You got the basic spirit of the crown; I would do something like three bands, though: thick, thin, thick; or thin, thick, thin. No Mughal! Mughal is Moslem; Sri Lanka varied between Hindu & Buddhist dynasties; no Moslems! You would be better to go for a slightly SE Asian looking headdress which could also be interpreted as classically Indian. Those cave paintings are actually idealized interpretations of earlier era nobles that were painted in the 10th century CE or so. This is quick and dirty, but anything along these lines would be far better than anything even vaguely Moslem.

That would be awesome....

Top Bottom