NoneOfTheAbove - Term II

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
The city

Term Goals
1. Production of a settler.
2. Building barracks and military for the protection of our empire.
3. Grow to happiness cap as soon as possible.

Instructions for next turn chat

Instructions for next turn chat
Work the wheat, the grassland farm, the grassland mined hill and a grassland forest. After growth, start working the mined plains hill.
Build barracks and a settler when size 5 is reached. If the barracks is completed before we reach size 5, squeeze in a chariot.

These instructions can still be changed, so speak up if you want them changed!

You mean the stop order? I think it's in our best interest to stop when Alphabet is discovered, and I believe every official can give stop orders (correct me if I'm wrong though), therefor I gave this stop order. It would be better if the Chieftain posts this order too, and I think he will (unless discussion in the appropriate thread reveals that the citizens want something else, in which case I will change this order). But I thought that it's better to be save than sorry.

You mean the stop order? I think it's in our best interest to stop when Alphabet is discovered, and I believe every official can give stop orders (correct me if I'm wrong though), therefor I gave this stop order. It would be better if the Chieftain posts this order too, and I think he will (unless discussion in the appropriate thread reveals that the citizens want something else, in which case I will change this order). But I thought that it's better to be save than sorry.

Yes, that's what I meant. I looked through

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=208757

and did not find the word "stop". My personal preference would be to have stop orders originate from a single official, to avoid possible confusion. At the least, I would like an official issuing a stop order to indicate how their own next orders would be affected by the stop condition being reached.

I'm guessing this is some sort of signature line, but I don't think it belongs in the TCIT, unless you have replaced the Chieftain and I missed it.

You mean the stop order? I think it's in our best interest to stop when Alphabet is discovered, and I believe every official can give stop orders (correct me if I'm wrong though),

From past Demogames it's been my understanding that any official can give a stop order, though typically the stop order is related to their office.

From past Demogames it's been my understanding that any official can give a stop order, though typically the stop order is related to their office.

Correct - any official can post an instruction to halt the chat.

-- Ravensfire

Is that order absolute or can it be overruled by a higher-ranked official?
Absolute - leaders can't overrule each other in the current ruleset.

Who qualifies as an "official" in this context? Could the Public Defender halt play?
Chieftain and Elders certainly. It would take unusual circumstances for a Judicial official to halt play.

-- Ravensfire

Absolute - leaders can't overrule each other in the current ruleset.

Chieftain and Elders certainly. It would take unusual circumstances for a Judicial official to halt play.

-- Ravensfire

This is all quite theoretical and if you don't care to explore the issue, that's fine with me, but if you do...

- If the Public Defender posted an order in the TCIT: "When X is discovered stop", would that be legal? Could it be overturned?

- If the Public Defender posted an order in the TCIT: "play one turn and then stop", what recourse would there be for those who favored more turns?
- For that matter, if an Elder gave a "one turn" order, what recourse would exist?
- And if the Chieftain gave a "one turn" order?

May I suggest that this interesting discussion takes places in a more appropriate thread?

I would like the Elder of NotA to please concider adding 1 or more Archers to the build queue, France has 2 Axemen in Lyons, which is of concern, concidering our best unit right now defending our cities are 2 strength Warriors, compared to the 5 strength Axemen.

Right now it will take your city 2-3 turns to produce an Archer for the city defenses.

I would like the Elder of NotA to please concider adding 1 or more Archers to the build queue, France has 2 Axemen in Lyons, which is of concern, concidering our best unit right now defending our cities are 2 strength Warriors, compared to the 5 strength Axemen.

Right now it will take your city 2-3 turns to produce an Archer for the city defenses.

I second that request.

I would like to see the Oracle built in our capitol, immediately upon researching Priesthood.

I agree with this and DS's research proposal in the research queue thread. I've added a suggestion in my instructions "suggesting" that NotA immediately switch to the Oracle after the completion of Priesthood. I believe it would be in our best interest.

The Oracle has been built :woohoo: :high5:
A Great Prophet is expected in 50 turns. :worship:

This will be celebrated at the Palace at the cost of Chieftain Methos :cheers: :beer:

Orders for the next turnchat:

Build Library, worker and axeman. Focus on growth when not building the worker.

Top Bottom