Civ by Request: Somali Empire

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
Somalia Mod

version 1.00, April 30, 2006

This is another "mod by request". I wasn't sure whether to do this from a current pespective, or based on the independence movement from 40 years ago. Based on a number of factors, I chose to focus on the latter.

Somali Empire

Techs: Hunting, Fishing

Leader:
- Aden Abdullah Osman Daar (Organized/Philosophical - Nationhood)

The quality of his picture is quite poor, but I could only find two online and they were both lousy.

Unique Unit: Guulwadayaal

This is the People's Militia. It replaces SAM infantry and is much cheaper to build. It is also much weaker.

Civ Icon: Somali Coat of Arms
Team Flag: Cheetah (with Alpha Channel...my first one :))

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at wyz@canadatrack.com

note - for some reason, there are two threads (must have hit twice...?) and the file is in that one, not this one

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=169385

Alt. download:

Somalia 1.0

You might want to update your sig. It's nice to know what you've been doing this whole time. It would also be nice if you provided a link/download :)

Shqype said:
You might want to update your sig. It's nice to know what you've been doing this whole time. It would also be nice if you provided a link/download :)

I was going to update my sig but my wife needed the comp. :)

Actually, what I've been doing the whole time is taxes. I've had two sets of personal taxes, my corporate taxes and my coporate GST taxes all to finish this weekend. This mod was largely completed and I had received an email to finish it, so voila.

Hmmm...the file should have uploaded with the original posts. Anyway...here are some screens.

Attachments

• Guulwadayaal.jpg
    Guulwadayaal.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 591
  • somalia_screen.jpg
    somalia_screen.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 532
I would really appreciate some screen shots of this mod. It looks really interesting..Can i use this mod on network and internet games?

I would really appreciate some screen shots of this mod. It looks really interesting..Can i use this mod on network and internet games?

Yes, if both of you have it installed and are playing it. Not sure when I can get around to adding screens as I'm plugging away with Gold 4.0 right now (which will include Somalia).

Awesome. I need it for Gold in any case, so please do let me know when it's completed.

Well, he's practically done now. I only need to get rid of the Roosevelt glasses which doesn't seem to work however I try. I you could do that yourself I can count him done. If not, then I still need a day or 2;)

Well, he's practically done now. I only need to get rid of the Roosevelt glasses which doesn't seem to work however I try. I you could do that yourself I can count him done. If not, then I still need a day or 2;)

Forget what I said, I did it:woohoo: :woohoo:

Heres a quick picture. I'll upload it tomorrow (7 may) at 3 o'clock GMT
Spoiler :

Top Bottom