Term 6: Office of the Warlord

Joe Harker

1st in the Premiership!
Hi and welcome to my Headquarters near the German border

This office will take up the role of giving all units except workers, settlers, missonaries, their orders for each turnchat!

This thread will expand (hopefully!:))

As my first annoucement as warlord, I will make (Admiral) Provolution my deputy and Head of the navy, since he has some good ideas for it and it saves me from having to do it! :)

Signing up Khan Harker, I harken your name!

Admiral Provolution.

When do you feel we'll be ready to declare war on Germany, and please start up discussion/polls when you do.

In demogames past, we have strictly separated responsibility for the decision to declare war (Foreign Affairs, President/Chieftain, or Citizens) from the planning for the war itself (Military).

If we followed tradition, the Chieftain would be leading discussions on when the people want war and what the goals should be, and the Warlord would be leading discussion on what the military can accomplish and what is needed to improve that capability.

In demogames past, we have strictly separated responsibility for the decision to declare war (Foreign Affairs, President/Chieftain, or Citizens) from the planning for the war itself (Military).

If we followed tradition, the Chieftain would be leading discussions on when the people want war and what the goals should be, and the Warlord would be leading discussion on what the military can accomplish and what is needed to improve that capability.

Or in other words "Get to work, you lazy bum!".

I'd still like to know when he thinks he's ready though.

My dear Warlord:

I am here to introduce you the people of our fair Munich who feels great
likeness with your ways.

Said city shall begin its basic training and - if needed - within 4 turns will
begin to build experienced military units, as your request.

If not right now needed, then Munich, much to its chagrin, will go on with
some builderish tasks.

And I must also say you that, unless a military emergency is declared, the
other 3 NE cities ( Xanadu, Cologne and Berlin) shall perform other tasks.

Hoping to ear from you before the instruction times arrive.

Sincerely yours,

Or in other words "Get to work, you lazy bum!".

I'd still like to know when he thinks he's ready though.

If you start the thread, then i will post my thoughts in there! ;)

I will compile my thoughts tonight.

How long will be the turn? Have we war at the end of it? Or will be more peaceful time for our empire?

I would say that the next turnchat should be a peaceful one, with a build up of troops to finish the Germans off.

Remember to build macemen with Cover/City Raider promotions, and catapults with double collateral. Knights are not that important now.

The instructions i gave were the ones that I desperatly need, we have quite a lot of free macemen waiting to do something!

I agree on the instructions now :) Just stating the general idea.

I think we may need a city just to produce cats, because we are starting to run short of them!

Cumae is pretty close to the German border, as well is Berlin. I cannot speak for Berlin but I'm fine with shifting production in Cumae from a bank to catapults.

Please don't put building cats front of building important infrastructure, but if you do get a bit of free building time, then cats would be helpful! :)

My bad, it looks I wasn't clear (English).
Berlin is a GPfarm with good commerce output,too.
So, it do not want to build cats or other military. Same for Xanadu, as is commercial. Cologne just begins, needs time, later can build everything.
Munich is a great military city; shall build granary and barracks. Within 4
turns shall begin to build military units (the ones that Warlord requests) and
so remain the whole month of August.
(Some people in Munich wanted their bank to change coin to play on their slot
machines when they leave work in barracks, but interests of the Empire speak
louder). And that beautiful silk just fits with Cumae.
I do hope that between powerful Munich and the Heroic City we can build
all of our troops.
In awhile the other cities do what they can do better.
Best regards,

Remember to build macemen with Cover/City Raider promotions, and catapults with double collateral. Knights are not that important now.

It's technically better not to promote your units until they're actually ready to fight so you know precisely which promotion to chose.

That depends on your forecast, short or near. I hardly miss on my forecasts, shame some people attack me preemptively before looking on the plan.

It's technically better not to promote your units until they're actually ready to fight so you know precisely which promotion to chose.

That depends on your forecast, short or near. I hardly miss on my forecasts, shame some people attack me preemptively before looking on the plan.

I have to agree with dutchfire on this one, having all cover when the defenders are 25% melee 75% archery is inefficient, compared to waiting to choose the type specific promotion until you know the defender's composition. Even deferring the raider promo can be a good idea, in case a particular unit gets the opportunity to whack on the odd unit outside a city.

It's also good to keep that last promotion in reserve in case the defender bombards the turn(s) before the attack, to get the partial healing from the promotion.

Top Bottom