Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Stage Demo

Abaddon

Deity
Sid Meier's legendary Civilization franchise ventures beyond its PC roots with this title, designed specifically for consoles and handhelds.

Video-link

What information can be gleaned from this video below:

Credit to DanQ & Apolyton

CIVILIZATIONS

one of the names of one of the three barbarian types is Grey Wolf; based on his attire and the terrain where his villages can be found, they are the cold climate kind

CULTURE

"We Love the King" days see happy citizens work with increased productivity (length unknown)

discover the Seven Cities of Gold, "the remains of a fabulously wealthy civilization", and add 150 gold pieces to your coffer

When gold reserves exceed 100, a Caravan unit appears automatically as an economic milestone; next one to occur when surpass 250 gold

DIPLOMACY

when signing peace treaty with a civilization, embassy is automatically established in its capital

can demand(?)/trade(?), sell technologies

can "discuss world events" (no specifics known)

SCIENCE

technologies present: Alphabet, Bronze Working, Ceremonial Burial, Horseback Riding

BRONZE WORKING: build Phalanx, Barracks; harvest Fish (+2 food)

CEREMONIAL BURIAL: build Template, Oracle and [unknown]

WONDERS

Great Pyramid: Temples 50% more effective (based on wording, applies civilization or at least continent-wide)

UNITS

upgrading from regular to veteran status yields unit a 50% combat bonus

upgrading from veteran to elite status yields unit a special ability (e.g. "Infiltration", "Scout")

as 'Legion' is upgraded to 'Fighting Legion' after battle victory, has 2 moves per turn now instead of 1; becomes 'Ninja Legion' after selecting the "Infiltration" ability

after 'Catapult' battle victory, upgraded and becomes '19th Catapult'

'Infantry' units seen at one point where one later reappears upgraded to '2nd Modern Infantry', and another and 'Immortal Modern [Infantry]' with what is almost undoubtedly a Medic upgrade

'Intercontinental Ballistic Missile' ('ICBM') unit has 14 move points

'Space Station' has 5 moves(?)

Great Person: Sargon, a Great Leader; see what looks like an option with coin next to it with "to convert to Great [unknown]"

MISCELLANEOUS

tribal villages (affectionately referred to as "Goody Huts") can yield units from "awed villagers", e.g. Catapult

residents of tribal villages can provide player with insight to other goodies on the map, e.g. "Ancient Monestary"

humourous dialogue permeates advisors (e.g. "Ah, Bronze Working!... I want it so bad.") and leaders (e.g. "Most noble Emperor Caesar[,] you treacherous weasel, I had no use for that TANK anyway") alike

-----------------------------------------------
CivRev will be released on the Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 in Spring 2008. It will come to the Nintendo Wii that fall. As the game is still in development at Firaxis Games, the particulars above are subject to change or removal.

COOL!Enrique iglesias-Tired of being sorry is the best song ever! If any one agrees with me please dont hesitate to answer. (I know this dosen't have anything to do With Civilization Revolution, but ITS A GOOD SONG). Also, if u dont know what on earth i'm talking about please say aswell, LOL.

The graphics look awsome!

Looks interesting, as a different kind of Civ Experience.

Finally we have the faces of the advisors. I missed them in Civ2 and I missed them i Civ4. I think it makes the game more personal and improves the atmosphere.

And how would that fit on the screen?

Top Bottom