Sitting Bull Personality

widdowmaker

Maker of Widdows
I just started a new game on noble after i got wiped out by monty in my last game. It looks like i am on a cont with alexander and sitting bull. I am rome.

My question is on sitting bull, whats he like? Is he a gahndi? Or will he go monty on my civ? Sitting bull and alexander hate each other, and we are all really close in tech/military/ect

I need to decide who to kill off first, and i would rather have a gahndi on my side that i can kill at will than a monty. Know what i mean?

Sorry about the typos and such, im home playing civ while sick with a cold.

I havent actually checked the xml files, but when I play pangea/marathon/monarch Sitting Bull never have any success. Still he is hard to attack due to those archers and cheap axemen. I would kill Alex

I know he wont' talk to you and only you for a long time if you stop trading with him.

Sitting Bull is very near to Alex, Monte and Ragnar. From those 4 he will attack last, but he WILL attack!

Sitting Bull has a somewhat strange personality.
He's basicly a fast expanding turtler. And a spying coward on top of it.
He loves to expand - one of the worst city spammers in the game. Him beeing protective does not make it any better. Also His UU is Axe that does not need copper.
He makes a lot of troops - if you don't pay attention and dont have good relations, he will outpower you, and then he might attack, despite him beeing peacefull.

He will not backstab at Pleased/Friendly.
At bad relations, he will still often not attack, due to high peace weight/probability. He will however spy like crazy.

I allways try to get rid of him fast, if start close, as otherwise he will chocke my expansion. And beeing protective with boosted Atchers (later Longbows :cry:) and cheap castles, he can become a real pain, if you let him.

Well, alex is dead, good to know sitting bull prolly wont betray me like lousy monty. Looks like sitting bull is next on thwe chopping block.

He attacks, he attacks...I was second in techs, first in power and I just ended steamrolling Charlie, he was friendly...and he backstabs. Yeah, like...WTF?

Bull has 100% peace probability at pleased and friendly.

There is a - in my experience rare - occurance when a civ will go to war at frinedly despite 100% PP. This is, if the decision to go to war was made before he became friendly - which you can check by monitoring the diplo situation - "We have enought on our hands" = planing a war (not necessarily with you.)

I never see him building wonders.

Gah, I hate Sitting Bull. I never seem to get on well with him - normally staying at Cautious throughout the whole game. Not only that, but he's an absolute pain to rush at the start of the game if you're not quick enough. Protective trait + Totem Pole = stubbornly difficult to take down.

And yeah, he's always causing trouble with his spies. Grr.

Sitting Bull has up and down games. He doesn't tech that well, but he does rex and spam units. Don't bother trying to rush him early game because his unique unit axemen doesn't require copper and has a bonus vs melee units.

Actually better rush those Dogs, than the Protective-Barracked-Totem-Poled Longbows later on (in the 1000 crappy cities he managed to spam just about everywhere). The sooner he's dead, the less pain he will cause.

Actually better rush those Dogs, than the Protective-Barracked-Totem-Poled Longbows later on (in the 1000 crappy cities he managed to spam just about everywhere). The sooner he's dead, the less pain he will cause.

Oh yes. War with the AI Sitting Bull makes baby Jesus cry ahead of any other civ in the game, I'd say. Churchill is a close second, but captain super-longbow takes the cake. I have trouble dethroning some of those bastards from their tundra hill perches with cannons.

If you have a religion, get Sitting Bull to convert to it at whatever cost. Sitting Bull is a great friend to have in my experience. Especially given his penchant for millions of cities, it will be a nice income boost for the holy city. I've never been able to rush Sitting Bull until I have cats, at which point it isn't really a "rush" anymore.

imo If he likes you, he's peaceful cultural, and tries to get wonders. If he doesn't, then start preparing an army. ;)

If you have a religion, get Sitting Bull to convert to it at whatever cost. Sitting Bull is a great friend to have in my experience. Especially given his penchant for millions of cities, it will be a nice income boost for the holy city. I've never been able to rush Sitting Bull until I have cats, at which point it isn't really a "rush" anymore.

Second this. I usually export a religion to him and we get along just fine.

He will not backstab at Pleased/Friendly.
At bad relations, he will still often not attack, due to high peace weight/probability. He will however spy like crazy.

The amount of spying he does is insane. Every turn he'll try and poison a water supply or some other inexpensive thing. It becomes extremely annoying. So much so that when I see him as a neighbor in any games I kill him off as fast as possible.

Top Bottom