Way to tell which AI city is capital?

gremlins0

Chieftain
Is there a way to tell which Ai city is the capital of the civ? Like a flag on the city or something? Or is the capital name always locked to the civ, such as washington always being the capital for US? I am trying to win by domination and hate having to take every city until I guess at which one the capital is. Thanks.

Learn the names of each civilization capital, there are always the same.
Washington
Madrid
etc..
Usually people learned that at school :D

You can't rebuild your palace somewhere else, like you can in other Civ games, so if you memorize the capitals, you're fine.

Make sure, specifically with the Aztecs, because there's a city that has an extremely similar name.

I think I found another way. It appears as though if you look at the city, there is a tall squarish building with an eagle on it for a capital. But good to know the capital is also the correct city thanks.

If you capture an enemy capital , do they get a replacement palance in another city ala Civ3/4? I know only the original capitals count for domination but I assume the game will assign a new capital if the original one is taken?

Nope. No replacement capital. You can even go so far to use a Great Artist to convert their last city.

At the beggining of the game you can just look to see which city has a palace. It will be the most unique looking building. Other than that just remeber the names.

Americans - Washington
Arabs - Tripoli
Aztecs - Tenochtitlan
Chinese - Beijing
Egyptians - Thebes
English - London
French - Paris
Germans - Berlin
Greeks - Athens
Indians - Delhi
Japanese - Kyoto
Mongolians - Karakorum
Spanish - Madrid
Romans - Rome
Russians - Moscow
Zulus - Zimbabwe

If you look closely you can see a spinning gold emblem (fist,eagle,etc.) on top of the palace buildings.

I was caught out by this, I kept thinking Mecca was the Arabian captial like it is in civ 4. Took me a two games against them to work out that it was actually Tripoli, I kept wondering why I was the defenders were getting a defence bonus in Tripoli but I figured it out when I was told that I only needed 3 more palaces to win. Now I just know them all, but that spinning gold symbol would have helped before...

am i wrong on this?is the capital the city that has a star round the number at the city name on the map.the rest of the citys have a circle round it.

Top Bottom