Research request

Wyrmshadow

Deity
I need pictures.
You know I've been making a lot of ww1 infantry and I want to be comprehensive. I need color drawings of standard infantry units of some minor European countries.

something like this would be IDEAL!! I need it to take good color samples and have a clear view of what sort of kit they used.

I need:
Italy
Belgium
Holland
Spain
Nordic countries*
Denmark*

*not too important

I've been trying to find them myself but these I still lack.
Don't post B&W photos please, those are next to useless.

illustrations from Osprey books are definately the best. Greek stuf I don't need. I've already made one and will be posting him later.

Shirro, please read my country list. I've already made infantry from Bulgaria, Rumanian, etc... just the list of stuff I dont have.

Danish Army 1910-1940 (Great Wars Period)

Figure 7) 1906 version: variant of the uniform used since 1855, though from 1903-1906 the army tried a grey-green uniform color. The Royal Lifeguard Regiment still uses the 1906 version (and a variant of it to this day for ceremonial purposes).

Figure 8) 1915 version: Same uniform as fig. 7 but different color (light grey).

That's definately useful, thanx Cimbri.

OK, I quit.

I might or might not be as obsessive a researcher as Blue Monkey ( :mischief: ) but 2 hours of Googling yielded nothing on Spanish & Dutch ca. WW1 - there seems to be little interest in neutrals.

So, Booby prizes: (1) Dutch soldiers ca. 1900 and (2) Montenegrins. Plus a quicky: by this time, the Italians were already stratifying their military units by class. Pic #3 are WW1 Bersaglieri.

Best,

Oz

Attachments

• montenegroww1.bmp
    476.8 KB · Views: 129
  • bersaglieri.bmp
    476.8 KB · Views: 191
Other WWI units can be found on my website, including
France, Portugal, Italy, India, Africa (French colonial), Egypt, Arabia, Maghreb.

I have infantry, and cavalry (with also cavalry for the other civilizations you did).

Click on the thumbnail for larger image.

I might do a single Chinese soldier, but I'm NOT going to make unique infantry for the rest of the world.

Top Bottom