Soirana wants to be a god - 01

Soirana

Emperor
Guess title tells basics. I decided to make it online in hopes someone points at my problems on this level.

Fractal Deity [i was assured start is not isolated or semiisolated].
3.19 with Buffy on [sorry puting BUG out and in CustomAssets is not much fun]

01 is cause i am not sure 9 tries to win will be enough.

Glorious leader of choice - Zara [Creative+Organized] of Ethiopia [buffed monuments and muskets].

Start
Spoiler :

I plan slowly crawl towards my inevitable death:lol:. For start it is AH while settling in place most surely.

Attachments

• Falcon BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    33.8 KB · Views: 74
I would certainly settle a city before turn 20. :lol:

The gold will be useful. Whilst a city with 3 food might be nice on this level i think go for commerce and settle in place.

I think most would warn me against settling 1-2 tiles from the coast.

took a quick look at the save and it's definitely a winnable map (mind you not for me isn't :)).

Settle in place won't get any more food resource than 2 cows. I'd consider 1SW for a little more possibility from 6 uncovered tiles.

I'm with the Duck.

You trade 1 turn for a reasonable chance of picking up another resource (although it looks like one of the tiles is desert)

Guess title tells basics.

Well you called it installment "01" instead of "1" - looks like a good sign to me - already planning on needing the extra digit. I love watching online deity play so at least 10 more games - woohoo!

This start looks pretty good to me. Gold=grin. Cows=smile. Two cows=grin. Rice and 4 grass hills already suggests a fantastic city 2 to the east on the coast, assuming it's not just a lake.

Settle in place won't get any more food resource than 2 cows. I'd consider 1SW for a little more possibility from 6 uncovered tiles.

Scout 2SW will reveal half of those tiles. Assuming the eastern hills aren't fresh water (probably not since it's either a big lake or the ocean), scouting east doesn't seem useful at this stage.

It indeed is not a lake (under 10 tiles) because hovering over the tiles next to it doesn't show Fresh Water.
I'd scout like Shyuhe said.

I would settle in place and start scouting the partially-visible area to the the east. What could possibly be revealed that would suggest a move south? If there was anything 2SW or 3S the start generator would have put the settler further south since that would get all the currently-visible resources plus the hidden ones too and only lose forests. There simply can't be anything there.

Settle in place... I am serious as heart attack. If you turn the action proposals you'd see that the the next east tile is proposed, it's almost 90% sure, it's a coast.

Also agree with Duckweed.

You keep all visible resources and lose some flat forests with little risk of losing any uncovered resources. Unfortunately Kid R I have had very nice resources such as corn, gold, etc 1 tile away from my capitals BFC too many times to count. I trust the start generator but not that much.

Also agree with Duckweed.

You keep all visible resources and lose some flat forests with little risk of losing any uncovered resources. Unfortunately Kid R I have had very nice resources such as corn, gold, etc 1 tile away from my capitals BFC too many times to count. I trust the start generator but not that much.

Interesting. Without ever having looked at the code I kind of suspect the start generator of making its most "interesting" :)eek: :eek:) decisions with coastal starts. Something about the seafood and the coastality and all that, tickles its fancy maybe. But inland like this would it really give forests instead of a resource? It often gives me trash like 2xDye instead of wheat, or silk instead of iron - infuriating but not as bad as forests for something good.

But OK yes scout 2SW, there is little to lose really.

Well, moving scout revealed another gold.
Spoiler :

I think it solved the case - 2cows+2golds would leave city on +1 food. Also on first glance i belived 1N1NW being unforested but on close inspection of border that appeared to be lake/coast...

So i did moved. Oasis and wine was not exactly food i looked for...

Also met HC on turn 6 which makes me rather nervous. Last turn i met workboat of Issabel, given fact HC founded budhism this does not promise super easy diplo either.

Land:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Luckily that oasis speeded up research so i think BW next. If that scout does not survive i will probably need make another.

Attachments

• Falcon BC-3440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56.5 KB · Views: 38
meh ... other than the gold that capital doesn't look to tasty ... i'd proberly farm the three grasslands around the lake and go for a Production city on it, and hope for cottageable land to the west/southwest, the river over there look promising

I agree with Sian. Id scout over near the river and find a good site there (perhaps near the stone if scouting reveals a good site).

Pop 5 working 2 cows, 2 gold and an oasis is more than enough to drive you through to Literature first while still spamming settlers and workers.

Capital's fine imo, 2 gold shouldn't be underestimated. Working 2 cow 2 gold 1 oasis is fine early game.3 tiles can be farmed immed for +4 growth early mid game. The city has decent production of it's own so it's not necessary to whip it constantly.

Since the gold helps mainly with early research and there's ivory nearby you have some extra options if you're boxed in.

Top Bottom