Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names

How exacly did you achieve this effect?
I have read through the XML files but am lost as to how you did it.
And the only downloads that work have nothing but xml in them.

The same way that Unique units work, each civ has its own unique version of each type of great people, each with its own list of possible names. The bit I'm not sure of is how these are hidden from showing in the Civopedia and such, it looks like there's a new entry added to the unit schema but I don't know if this is something available (but hidden) in regular BTS or if it requires some custom .dll from somewhere.

Edit: Actually looks like the added entry in the unit schema is listed in the Modiki so I assume it is a standard tag and no custom .dll is required.

Thanks for that, I will use it for my own mod comp.
I am working on something unique.

BTW, what tag is that? And where is that mod wiki.

PPQ_Purple: The tag would be bGraphicalOnly, and can be used in just about any XML file, including leaderheads. I use it to hide a lot of unavailable leaders in various scenarios I've made -- saves me the trouble of removing them manually. :p

There are actually two ways the naming system works, the old one being the UU system Xyth referred to. If you want custom names in your mod, I'd recommend using the newer Python setup, as it saves a lot of time and hassle. I think Grave still has it in his mod if you don't want to wait for the new version.

702: Thanks for the new suggestions. I wish people would submit names more often! :)

Haha funny you should mention that Gaius. I have had a play around with your lists, and one of the things I did was to look for more people to add,
some of these you may already have mind you, and I haven't went through the list of Righteous of the Nations. All my research was done on the internet, and the vast majority of these people are on wikipedia. If not then Google should suffice (though it may not be the top result, so the Maya artist Wakab Nal is third down here,
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Wakab+Nal&meta=

Spoiler :

America
Spoiler :
As you'll see with America, and other civs, I added in the founders of religions themselves. I also thought to add a few non-Christians, to represent America as a melting pot,
GP
Joseph Smith, Jr., Mordecai Kaplan, Isaac Mayer Wise, David Einhorn, Robert Thurman, Henry Steel Olcott, L. Ron Hubbard, Ellen G. White, Charles Taze Russell, Wallace Fard Muhammed
GA
Buster Keaton, Isaac Asimov, Marlon Brando, Elvis Presley
GSc
William Morris Davis, Clyde Tombaugh
GM
Leland Stanford
GSp
James Jesus Angleton, Meredith Gardner

Arab
Spoiler :

GP
Ibn Taymiyyah, Zayd ibn Ali, Muhammad
GA
Tawfiq el-Hakim, Zuhayr, Abdul Alhazred
GSc
Ibn Rushd, Ibn Tufail, Al Qalasadi, Ibn al-Thahabi, Ibn al-Baitar, Al-Hamdani
GM
Yaqut al-Hamawi
GG
Qutaibah bin Muslim
GSp
Wadih el-Hage, Sulaiman al-Barouni, Omar Mukhtar, Farid Essebar, Faisal bin Musa'id, Khalid Islambouli, Hamdi Quran, Harith al-Dhari

Aztec
Spoiler :
With the Aztecs, and a few others, I tried as far as possible to stick to "native" people, and not people from the nation there today. Those Mexicans in the Aztec list are at least partly Nahua
GP
Ahuachpitzactzin, Martin Ocelotl, Isabel Moctezuma
GA
Cacamatzin, Natalio Hernández, Juan Bautista de Pomar, Xayacamach, Xicotencatl I, Ignacio Manuel Altamirano, Luz Jiménez, Nezahualcoyotl, Tecayehuatzin
GSc
Eduardo Matos Moctezuma, Martín de la Cruz
GE
Acacitli
GM
Matlatzincatzin, Juan Velázquez Tlacotzin, Fernando Alvarado Tezozomoc
GG
Tzilacatzin, Xicotencatl II
GSp
Maxixcatl

Babylon
Spoiler :

GP
Aphrahat, Amat-Mamu
GA
Lucian
GSc
Seleucus, Esagil-kin-apli
GE
Amuhia
GSp
Naqi’a-Zakutu

Byzantine
Spoiler :

GP
Damascius, Gregory of Nazianzus, Michael I Cerularius
GA
Manuel Chrysoloras, John Kukuzelis, Kassia, John Mauropous, Priscus
GSc
Nicholas Myrepsos, Paul of Aegina, Michael Psellos
GE
Ioulianos, Leontios
GM
Loukas Notaras, Zemarchus
GG
Mabrikias, Maurice, Artabanes, Basil Boioannes, Licario, John II Komnenos
GSp
Illus

Carthage
Spoiler :
A few Phoenicians here, as you'll know, there are damn few Carthaginians known to us!
GP
Lactantius, Arnobius
GA
Sanchuniathon
GSc
Marinus of Tyre, Euphorbus, Constantine
GE
Dido, Ithobaal, Ozalces
GM
Abi-Milku, Rib-Hadda, Sychaeus
GSp
Bomilcar, Hannibal the Rhodian, Hanno, Hasdrubal, Yappa-Hadda, Pygmalion, Abdi-Milkutti

Celt
Spoiler :
With the Celts I focussed mainly on the "ancient" Celts, to fit in with Brennus and Bouddicca. Some of the modern ones could go in the English list as well I suppose, though I'd do that on a case by case basis (yes for James Watt, no for Walter Scott). The merchants are mainly petty kings who had coins minted, I'm not sure they were actually important at all, even from a "spread of currency" pov, but names at least. Also, I tried to represent all the "modern" Celtic nations of today, adding at least one representative from Cornwall, the Isle of Man, and Brittany. These people were not very important, but add a little diversity,
GP
Gennadius, Germanus, St. Alban, St. Julius, St. Aaron, Diviciacus, Lailoken, St. Deiniol, St. Gildas, St. Brigid, St. Cuby, St. Aedan, St. Maughold, Myrddin Wyllt, Adiatorix, St. David, Duns Scotus, St. Mungo, St. Melaine
GA
Favorinus, Sidonius Apollinaris, Aneirin, Taliesin, Maelgwyn Gwynedd, Bluchbardd, Cian Gwenith Gwawd, Walter Scott, James Joyce, Hywel ab Owain Gwynedd, George Bernard Shaw, Sean Connery
GSc
Marcus Antonius Gnipho, Abascantus, Marcellus Empiricus, Augustine Eriugena, Dicuil, Trogus, James Alfred Ewing, James Clerk Maxwell, Alexander Fleming, Sir Charles Lyell, Lord Kelvin
GE
Bellovesus, Addedomarus, Tasciovanus, Offa, Dubnovellaunus, James Nasmyth, James Watt
GM
Tincomarus, Agroecius, Indutiomarus, Vindex, Biatec
GG
Epaticcus, Togodumnus, Riothamus, Cassivellaunus, Viriathus, Urien, Bolgios, Lutarius, Leonnorius, Calgacus
GSp
Casticus, Commius, Orgetorix, Liscus, Acco, Aelianus, Crixus, Oenomaus, Llofan Llaf Difo, Casticus, Bobby Sands, Eamon Broy

China
Spoiler :

GP
Zhu Xi, Li Hongzhi, Laozi
GSc
Song Ci, Shi Shen, Jing Fang, Hua Tuo
GE
Ximen Bao, Sunshu Ao, Yu Hao
GM
Xu Fu, Rang Tai, Zhou Daguan, Du Huan
GG
Fu Hao
GSp
Zhang Jiao, Kang Sheng, Dai Li

Dutch
Spoiler :
With the Dutch I added a lot of GGs since many of yours seemed to better fit into the GM category, having done more exploring than fighting it seemed.
GP
Abraham Kuyper
GA
Jacob van Ruysdael, Gerard Dou, Frans Hals
GSc
Jean Emile Humbert, Gerardus ‘t Hooft
GE
Jan Leeghwater, Menno van Coehoorn
GM
Alexandrine Tinné, Jan Pieterszoon Coen, Petrus Plancius
GG
Jacob van Heemskerk, Philips von Almonde, Menno van Coehoorn, Ygo Gales Galama, Maarten Tromp, Cornelis Tromp, Witte Corneliszoon de With, Jacob van Wassenaer Obdam, Gerardus Johannes Berenschot

Egypt
Spoiler :

GP
Tjuyu
GA
Amenemope
GSc
Ctesibius
GE
Hassan Fathy, Ramses Wissa Wassef, Abdel-Wahed El-Wakil, Amenhotep, Senusret II, Puimre
GM
Hannu, Ahmed Hassanein, Hannu, Nehsi, Senusret I, Useramun, Huya, Sennefer
GG
Senusret III Necho II
GSp
Horemheb

England
Spoiler :
One or two of these could theoretically also go in the Celt list, as they are Scottish. With England, and several other civs, I added "foreign" GSpys, who defected, so Oleg Gordievsky doesn't sound English, but he did defect from the KGB. Up to you of course if you want to keep these or not.
GP
John Fisher, John Wycliffe, Gerald Gardner, John Smyth, Aleister Crowley
GA
Charlotte Brontë, Virginia Woolf, Spike Milligan, Capability Brown, L.S. Lowry, John Betjeman, Wilfred Owen, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Jane Austen
GSc
Bertrand Russell, William Gilbert, William Harvey, John Dee
GE
Richard Trevithick, Nigel Gresley, Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin
GM
John Davis
GG
Alfred the Great, John Hawkins, Anthony Blaxland Stransham, Richard Howe, Samuel Hood, Edward Codrington, Roger Keyes, Edmund Allenby
GSp
Aphra Behn, Jerome Horsey, John Colville, John Mason, Matthew Smith, Richard Willis, William Wickham, Gilbert Gifford, Oleg Gordievsky

Ethiopia
Spoiler :

GP
Anayer, Ewostatewos, Haile Selassie, Mahay Choramo, Na’od
GA
Gedewon, Bahrey
GSc
Tewolde Berhan, Abba Samuel Wolde Kahin
GM
Mohammed Abdillahi Ogsadey, Tekle Hawariat, Endubis
GG
Ras Gobena, Balcha Safo, Baeda Maryam, Bahr negus Yeshaq
GSp
Sebhat Ephrem, Sebhat Aregawi, Elene, Mengistu Neway, Mara Takla Haymanot

France
Spoiler :

GP
Gersonides
GA
Guilhem de Peitieus
GSc
Firmin Abauzit
GE
Louis Maurice Adolphe Linant de Bellefonds, Jacques de Vaucanson, Charles Lartigue, André Chapelon
GG
André Masséna, Jean Lannes, Louis Francois I de Bourbon
GSp
Omar Nasiri, Amédée-François Frézier, Fernand Bonnier de La Chapelle, Darius Paul Dassault, Louis-Alexandre de Launay

Germany
Spoiler :

GP
Abraham Geiger, Franz Xaver von Baader, Karl Hase, Adolph Kolping, Friedrich Schleiermacher, August Neander, Ferdinand Christian Bauer, Richard Rothe, Georg Hermes, Bruno Bauer, August Hahn, Nicolaus Ludwig Zinzendorf
GA
Fritz Lang
GSc
Ferdinand Cohn, Robert Kock, Theodor Mommsen
GE
Wilhelm Messerschmitt, Hans von Ohain
GG
Manfred von Richthofen
GSp
Markus Wolf, Arthur Scherbius, Paul Emil von Lettow-Vorbeck

Greece
Spoiler :

GP
Agias, Aristander
GA
Phrynichus, Aristophanes, Sappho, Leochares, Bryaxis, Scopas, Timotheos
GSc
Anaximander, Spyridon Marinatos, Xenocrates, Evenor
GE
Dinocrates, Eupalinos, Phaeax, Sostratus, Theodorus, Chersiphron, Metagenes, Dionysodorus, Epimachus, Pythis, Aristobulus, Callimachus, Chersiphron, Eupalinos, Sostratus, Theodorus, Satyros
GM
Eubulus, Dicaearchus, Crates, Callistratus, Eudoxus, Euthymenes, Hippalus, Eubulus, Isidore, Pasion, Antisthenes
GG
Constantine Kanaris, Epaminondas, Diades
GSp
Aratus

Holy Roman Empire
Spoiler :

GP
Julius von Pflug, Philipp Jakob Spener
GA
Gottfried von Strassurg, Ava,
GSc
Andreas Stoberl, Georg Joachim Rheticus, Johann Georg Faust
GM
Petachiah of Ratisbon, Abraham Ortelius
GG
Georg von Frundsberg
GSp
Augustus the Younger

Inca
Spoiler :
One or two of these are simply names, and I don't think there is an actual reason for them to be in any category...
Villanueva can be read about here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B'nai_Moshe
GP
Quispe Yupanqui, Mama Tankariy Yachiy, Villanueva
GA
Roberto Mamani Mamani, Franz Tamayo, José María Arguedas, Pastorita Huaracina, Mercedes Sosa, Oswaldo Guayasmin, Elicura Chihuailaf
GSc
Silvia Rivera Cusicanqui, A. Roberto Frisancho, Eugenio Espejo, Inca Garcilaso de la Vega
GE
Amaru Yupanqui, Mama Cora, Ayar Anca, Ayar Cachi
GM
Evo Morales, Teuotihi, Cusi Hilpay
GG
Rumiaoui, Agustín Gamarra, Ramón Castilla, Ullco Colla, Ucumari, Michimalonco
GSp
Tupac Amaru II, Tupac Katari, Tomas Katari, Cura Ocllo, Felipe Quispe, Bartolina Sisa, Gregoria Apaza, Hugo Blanco

India
Spoiler :
I added a few Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in here
GP
Parsva, Gautama Buddha, Nagarjuna, Basava, Madhvacharya, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ram Mohan Roy, Sri Aurobindo, Kabir, Patañjali, Vallalar
GA
Abu al-Hasan, Ustad Mansur, Sahibdin, Dilip Kumar, Auvaiyar, Bhavabhuti, Satyajit Ray, Sadequain, Faizi, Tansen, Jayadeva
GSc
Varahamirhira, Qazi Motahar Hossain, Muhammed Qudrut-i-Khuda, Braj Basi Lal, Madhav, Sushruta, Muhammed Zafar Iqbal, Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri, Megh Nad Saha
GE
Abdul Qadeer Khan, Ardaseer Cursetjee, Ustad Ahmad Lahauri, Mir Abd-ul Karim
GM
Muhammed Yunus, Verghese Kurien, Vaman Srinivas Kudva
GG
Aurangzeb, Maha Singh, Kanhoji Angre
GSp
Nana Sahib, Khudiram Bose, Rameshwar Nath Kao

Japan
Spoiler :

GP
Nakayama Miki, Hakuin Ekaku, Ryogen, Tsuneasburo Makiguchi
GA
Takeshi Kitano
GSc
Naomasa Yamasaki
GE
Masamune, Inokuchi Arika, Yoshida Tetsuro, Tanaka Hisashige, Takeda Ayasaburo, Toyo Ito
GM
Mamiya Rinzo, Ino Tadataka
GG
Oda Nobunaga, Heki Danjo Masatsugu, Sakanoue no Tamuramaro, Minamoto no Yohorsehockyune, Hozoin In’ei, Oyama Iwao
GSp
Kirino Toshiaki, Tanaka Shinbei, Okada Izo, Komoto Daisaku, Yoshira, Fuma Kotaro, Toshio Miyazaki

Khmer
Spoiler :

GA
Norodom Sihamoni, Rithy Panh, Chuon Nath, Krom Ngoy
GSc
Punya Thitmajshima, Sirindhorn, Tanin Kraivixien, Sirirurg Songsivilai, Beat Richer
GE
Kavindrarimathana, Vann Molyvann, Paitip
GM
Teng Bunma, Sanghapala
GG
Sisowath Monireth, Ishanavarman
GSp
Poc Khun, Achar Mean, Achar Sok, Tou Samouth, Lon Nol

Korea
Spoiler :

GP
Jinul, Wonhyo, Uisang
GA
Park Chan-wook, Hyewon, Yun Seondo
GSc
Yong Pil Rhee, Rhee Sue-Goo, Heo Jun, Ri Sung Gi
GE
Kim Ung-yong
GM
Kim Jeong-ho
GG
Kim Yushin
GSp
Kim Jwa-jin, Ji Cheong-cheon, Jang In-hwan, Jeon Myeong-un

Mali
Spoiler :

GP
Sulayman Bal, Maba Diakhou Ba
GA
Ali Farka Touré, Souleymane Cissé, Bukari Sumano
GSc
Modibo Mohammed Al Kaburi, Oumar Mariko
GE
Ismaila Traoré, Choguel Kokalla Maiga
GM
Sidibé Aminata Diallo, Soumana Sacko, Bassary Touré, Ousman Sy
GG
Muhammadu Kanta, Tiramakhan Traore, Mansong Diarra, El Hadj Umar Tall
GSp
Sakura, Askia Musa, Askia Mohammad Benkan, Sandaki Mari Djata, Moussa Traoré, Tiemoko Garan Kouyaté, Aoua Kéita, Amadou Toumani Touré

Maya
Spoiler :

GP
Lady Eveningstar, Quq'kumatz,
GA
Wakab Nal, Ak’abal, Rigoberta Menchú, Armando Manzanero
GSc
Hilario Chi Canul, Gaspar Antonio Chi
GE
Chan Chak K'ak'nal Ajaw, T'ah 'ak' Cha'an
GM
Smoking Squirrel
GG
Tz'ikin, Hunac Ceel
GSp
Jacinto Canek, Ramona, Crescencio Poot

Mongol
Spoiler :

GP
Doquz Khatun
GA
Danzanravjaa, Sayantsetseg
GSc
Jamsrangiin Tseveen, Temüge
GE
Gelenkhüü
GM
Ahmad Fanakati, Rabban Bar Sauma
GG
Guo Kan, Damdin Sükhbaatar, Chilaun, Hulagu Khan, Bayan of the Baarin, Chormaqan
GSp
Tokhtamysh, Chingünjav, Taghachar, Yesüder

Native American
Spoiler :

GP
Black Elk, Curly Headed Doctor, Encouraging Bear, Isa-tai, Bowdash, Kennekuk, Kateri Tekakwitha, Thomas Yellowtail, Chief Joseph, Quanah Parker
GA
Loren Bommelyn, Hosteen Klah, Susan Aglukark, Zacharias Kunuk
GSc
Paul Apodaca, George Horse-Capture, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Charles Eastman, Linda Hogan, Susan La Flesche Picotte, Angaangaq Lyberth, Oronhyatekha
GE
John Herrington, Nakasuk, Uyaquk
GM
Mikak, Tookoolito, Ada Blackjack, Suersaq, Keish, Shaaw Tláa, Pocahontas
GG
Francis Pegahmagabow, Tommy Prince, Mishikinakwa
GSp
Piapot

Ottoman
Spoiler :

GP
Imam Birgivi
GA
Pir Sultan Abdal, Orhan Pamuk, Ali Aziz Efendi, Imadadin Nasimi, Nakkash Osman, Abdulcelil Levni
GSc
Ekrem Akurgal, Taqi al-Din, Abdullah Cevdet, Ali Kuscu, Engin Arik, Ahmet Cevdet Pasha
GE
Vedat Dalokay
GM
Yirmisekiz Mehmed Celebi, Ahmed Resmi Efendi, Piri Reis, Hagop Kazazian Pasha, Kurtoglu Hizir Reis
GG
Hayreddin Barbarossa, Kemal Reis
GSp
Atilla Ekici, Yasef Nasi, Mehmet Eymür, Ahmet Riza, Abdullah Cevdet

Persia
Spoiler :

GP
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Mahabad, Sasan, Sunpadh, Benjamin Nahawandi
GA
Ubayd Zakani
GSc
Nasir al-Din al-Tusi, Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi, Mahmoud Behzad, Ibn Abi Sadiq
GE
Gaubaruva, Heydar Ghiai, Akbar Adibi
GM
Amin Razi
GSp
Ali Fallahian, Reza Taslimi, Ibn Khordadbeh

Portugal
Spoiler :

GA
Aquilino Ribeiro, Luís de Camões
GE
Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo, Gago Countinho, Carlos Amarante
GM
Fernão Mendes Pinto
GG
Sancho Manoel de Vilhena, António Correia, Afonso de Albuquerque
GSp
Duarte Fernandes, Humberto Delgado

Roman
Spoiler :
I focussed mainly on Romans as opposed to Italians here. I expect there are plenty more Italians, but my personal preference is for predominantly Roman. With the GPs, I tried to add in some more pagans, since after all Rome was pagan for most of its history,
GP
Numa Pompilius, Caecilia Metella, Aemilia, Attus Navius, Nigidius Figulus, Paculla Annia
GA
Clodia, Lucilius, Clodius Aesopus, Roscius, Martial
GSc
Dioscorides, Sextus Empiricus, Antonius Musa, Aulus Cornelius Celsus, Adrastus, Sulpicius Gallus, Spurius Carvilius Ruga
GE
Cocceius Auctus, Hygiunus Gromaticus, Rabirius, Aggenus Urbicus, Siculus Flaccus
GM
Marcus Lollius, Sergius Orata, Maes Titianus, Tiberius Claudius Narcissus
GG
Lucius Lucullus, Gaius Duilius, Marcus Atilius Regulus, Gnaeus Julius Agricola
GSp
Niccolò Machiavelli, Audax, Ditalcus, Minurus

Russia
Spoiler :

GM
Ivan Fedorovich Kruzenshtern, Vitus Bering, Afanasiy Nikitin, Gerasim Izmailov, Ivan Fedorov, Ferdinand Wrangel, Pyotr Kozlov, Yermak Timofeyevich, Gennady Nevelskoy, Oleg Antonov, Nikolai Alekseevich Severtzov, Nikolai Przhevalsky, Semyon Dezhnev, Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, Nikolay Novikov, Vagit Alekperov, Vladimir Lisin, Viktor Vekselberg, Piotr Smirnov
GSp
Kim Philby

Spain
Spoiler :

GA
Pedro Almodóvar
GSc
Miguel Servet
GM
Rosalía Mera

Sumeria
Spoiler :

GSc
Lipit-Ishtar
GM
Manishtushu
GSp
Utu-hengal

Viking
Spoiler :
With the Vikings, I tried to focus on older Scandinavia. There are several skalds here, though they probably aren't all particularly important skalds, though some are.
GP
Ragnvaldr Rettilbein, Thórbjörg, Olaf Tryggvason, Thorgeirr Ljósvetningagodi, Hans Egede
GA
Snorri Sturluson, Bragi Boddason, Egill Skallagrimsson, Gunnlaugr Ormstunga, Ottarr svarti, Einarr Skúlason, Ari Thorgilsson, Brother Robert, Knut Hamsun, Edvard Munch, Henrik Ibsen, Oláfr Thórdarson
GSc
Jöns Jakob Berzelius, Svante Arrhenius, Haukr Erlendsson, Nils Gustaf Ekholm, Therkel Mathiassen, Fridtjof Nansen, Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen
GE
Torleiv Maseng, Olaf Nordhagen, Carl Abraham Phil, Agner Krarup Erlang, Uno Lamm
GM
Bjarni Herjólfsson, Arnórr jarlaskáld, Gudrídr Thorbjarnardóttir, Thorfinn Karlsefni, Christian Barnekow, Ohthere of Hålogaland, Ejnar Mikkelsen, Gustav Frederik Holm, Olaf Hoskuldsson, Ingólfur Arnarson, Svantepolk
GG
Hastein, Bolli Bollason, Thorfinn Sigurdsson, Magnus Stenbock, Hjalmar Riiser-Larsen
GSp
Sverre Granlund, Mogens Fog, Jens Christian Hauge, Bror With

Zulu
Spoiler :

GP
Desmond Tutu, Njongonkulu Ndungane, Allan Hendrickse, Barney Pityana, John Langalibalele Dube
GA
Zola, Dudu Mntowaziwayo Ndlovu, Magogo kaDinuzulu, Mzwakhe Mbuli, Dizu Plaatjies, Lionel Ngakane, Henry Cele, Patrick Ngcobo, Sibusiso Nyembezi
GSc
Z. K. Mathews, Lydia Makhubu
GE
Charl Fourie, Frank Mdlalose, Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri
GM
Kubi Indi, Joe Mafela
GG
Ntshingwayo Khoza, Soshangane
GSp
Mangosuthu Buthelezi, Mbopa, Leabua Jonathan, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Andrew Sibusiso Zondo

Anyway, I hope this is useful!

The word "spoiler" has lost all meaning to me.

I am not working on great people, what I am working on is the idea that Battleships and Aircraft carriers should recieve unique names lik GP when they are built.
In my games I rarely have more than 10-20 of them and I thought the idea would reflect nicely upon the game.

After all, Battleships and Carriers are the GP of naval warfare and in militairy sense there is nothing realy like them. Each one is unique and expensive.
What do you think of the idea?

BTW, where do I get this Python? The downloads only point toward the XML version.

Wow, you get a big cookie for those lists, 702. :goodjob: Very rarely have I had anybody take that much of an interest in this project.

I pretty much agree with all your comments. Going back over the lists the past couple of weeks, I can see how restricted some of the categories originally were, usually because of lack of available data or time constraints on my part. (Carthage, as you say, is a real pain, but there was no excuse for countries like Britain, Russia, and Germany having sparsely populated GG lists. :mischief:) It's surprising to me that at one time, I actually toyed with the idea of religion-specific prophets, which would consist of subclasses for each civ type. So that way, if you were a Hindu Russia, you would get different great prophets than you would if you were a Buddhist or Islamic Russia. Needless to say, that was too impractical to manage. :crazyeye:

PPQ_Purple: That's an excellent idea, and I might have something of interest to you. I did a similar thing for industrial and modern units in a personal mod, which includes ship names. They're mostly drawn from Paradox's HoI and Victoria series, but I got some from wiki as well. If you are interested, I would be glad to post a few here. Justatourist did some as well (they're a few posts back).

The Python can be found in Grave's History in the Making Mod, I believe, and if not there then in the BTS version of my World War II scenario. I highly recommend it, since it lets you put all the names in one convenient array rather than dozens of XML entries.

I would wery much like to see those lists. I have been mostly thinking of geting the names from wikipedia, it has a good list of all 20th century navies and their ship names so I could get most entries from there but since you have complied a list already that would be a great help.

Ok, here is a partial list of battleships, taken from Victoria.

Spoiler :

America

USS Maine
USS Texas
USS Indiana
USS Massachusetts
USS Oregon
USS Iowa
USS Kearsarge
USS Kentucky
USS Illinois
USS Alabama
USS Wisconsin
USS Missouri
USS Ohio
USS Virginia
USS Nebraska
USS Georgia
USS New Jersey
USS Rhode Island
USS Connecticut
USS Louisiana
USS Vermont
USS Kansas
USS Minnesota
USS Mississippi
USS Idaho
USS New Hampshire
USS South Carolina
USS Delaware
USS Michigan
USS North Dakota
USS Florida
USS Utah
USS Wyoming
USS Arkansas
USS New York
USS Nevada
USS Oklahoma
USS Pennsylvania
USS Arizona
USS New Mexico
USS Tennessee
USS California
USS Colorado
USS Maryland
USS Washington
USS West Virginia
USS South Dakota
USS Montana
USS North Carolina

Egypt

Nasr
al-Qahira
Abu Simbel
Aswan
Nijmi Shevket
Assari Shevket
Lutfi Djelil
Mehemet Ali
Ibrahim
Sakka
Hifzi Rahman
Muhammad 'Ali
Salah al-Din
Ramses
Bur Safajah
Al Ghardaqah
Bur Tawfiq
Marsa Matruh
Al Iskandariyah
Najim al Zafir
El Aboukir
El Suez
Rasheed
Damyat
Sharm El-Sheikh
Toushka

Turkey

Sultan Osman I
Turgud Reis
Yavuz Sultan Selim
Hayreddin Barbarossa
Sultan Orcan
Sultan Solyman II
Sultan Ahmed I
Sultan Mustafa III
Sultan Selim III
Sultan Mahmed II
Sultan Abdul Mejid
Osmaniye
Mahmudiye
Orhaniye
Abdülaziz
Assar-i Tevfik
Assar-i Shevket
Necim-i Shevket
Avni Illah
Muin-i Zafer
Iclaliye
Midilli
Mehmed Selim
Lütfi Humayun
Heybetnuma
Hamidiye
Mecidiye
Resadiye
Mesudiye
Feth-ül Islam

France

Charles Martel
Jauréguiberry
Carnot
Requin
Henri Quatre
Bouvet
Charlemagne
Amiral Duperré
Amiral Baudin
St. Louis
Gaulois
Suffren
République
Patrie
Démocratie
Justice
Verité
Diderot
Condorcet
Vergniaud
Voltaire
Danton
Mirabeau
France
Paris
Jean Bart
Courbet
Bretagne
Lorraine
Provence
Terrible
Indomptable
Formidable
Caïman
Hoche
Marceau
Neptune
Magenta
Brennus
Masséna
Charlemagne
Iéna
Liberté

Germany

Hindenburg
Mackensen
Prinz Eitel Friedrich
Fürst Bismarck
Yorck
Freya
Tirpitz
Schlieffen
Moritz
Zieten
Bethmann-Hollweg
Bülow
Caprivi
Hohenlohe
Holstein
Steinmetz
Zastrow
Prinz Friedrich Karl
Alvensleben
Voigts-Rhetz
Jagow
Schutter
Roeder
Tippelskirch
Dennewitz
Losthin
Goeben
Beowulf
Odin
Ägir
Frithjof
Siegfried
Hagen
Heimdall
Hildebrand
Seydlitz
von der Tann
Moltke
Deutschland
Grosser Kurfürst
Hessen
Hannover
Schlesien
Schleswig-Holstein
Braunschweig
Elsaß
Lothringen
Preußen
Wittelsbach
Wettin
Zähringen
Mecklenburg
Schwaben
Brandenburg
Scharnhorst
Gneisenau
Worth
Kaiser Friedrich III
Kaiser Wilhelm II
Kaiser Barbarossa
Kaiser Wilhelm der Große
Kaiser Karl der Große
Nassau
Westfalen
Rheinland
Posen
Helgoland
Ostfriesland
Thüringen
Oldenburg
Admiral Graf Spee
Kaiser
Friedrich der Große
Kaiserin
König Albert
Prinzregent Luitpold
Grosser Kurfürst
König
Markgraf
Kronprinz
Derfflinger
Lützow
Bayern
Baden
Sachsen
Würtemberg
Graf Zeppelin
Clausewitz
Barbarossa
Seelöwe
Amerika
Rheingold
Parsifal
Lohengrin
Germania

Britain

HMS Empress of India
HMS Ramillies
HMS Repulse
HMS Resolution
HMS Revenge
HMS Royal Oak
HMS Royal Sovereign
HMS Hood
HMS Centurion
HMS Barfleur
HMS Renown
HMS Caesar
HMS Hannibal
HMS Illustrious
HMS Jupiter
HMS Majestic
HMS Magnificent
HMS Mars
HMS Prince George
HMS Victorious
HMS Albion
HMS Canopus
HMS Glory
HMS Goliath
HMS Ocean
HMS Vengeance
HMS Formidable
HMS Irresistible
HMS Implacable
HMS Bulwark
HMS London
HMS Venerable
HMS Queen
HMS Prince of Wales
HMS Albemarle
HMS Cornwallis
HMS Duncan
HMS Exmouth
HMS Montagu
HMS Russell
HMS Africa
HMS Britannia
HMS Commonwealth
HMS Dominion
HMS Hibernia
HMS Hindustan
HMS King Edward VII
HMS New Zealand
HMS Swiftsure
HMS Triumph
HMS Lord Nelson
HMS Agamemnon
HMS Dreadnought
HMS Bellerophon
HMS Superb
HMS Temeraire
HMS Collingwood
HMS St. Vincent
HMS Vanguard
HMS Indomitable
HMS Inflexible
HMS Invincible
HMS Neptune
HMS Colossus
HMS Hercules
HMS Indefatigable
HMS New Zealand
HMS Conqueror
HMS Monarch
HMS Orion
HMS Thunderer
HMS Lion
HMS Princess Royal
HMS King George V
HMS Centurion
HMS Audacious
HMS Ajax
HMS Queen Mary
HMS Iron Duke
HMS Marlborough
HMS Benbow
HMS Emperor of India
HMS Tiger
HMS Queen Elizabeth
HMS Warspite
HMS Valiant
HMS Barham
HMS Malaya
HMS Ramillies
HMS Resolution
HMS Revenge
HMS Royal Oak
HMS Royal Sovereign
HMS Renown
HMS Repulse
HMS Resistance
HMS Erin
HMS Agincourt
HMS Canada
HMS Hood
HMS St. Andrew
HMS St. George
HMS St. David
HMS St. Patrick
HMS Nelson
HMS Rodney
HMS Prince of Wales
HMS Duke of York
HMS Anson
HMS Howe
HMS Jellicoe
HMS Beatty
HMS Courageous
HMS Glorious
HMS Furious

Italy

Giulio Cesare
Leonardo da Vinci
Conte di Cavour
Caio Duilio
Andrea Doria
Francesco Caracciolo
Italia
Roma
Impero
Principe di Carignano
Conte Verde
Cristoforo Colombo
Regina Elena
Regina Maria Pia
San Martino
Castelfidardo
Ruggiero Di Lauria
Venezia
Principe Amedeo
Palestro
Dandolo
Lepanto
Ruggiero di Lauria
Francesco Morosini
Umberto
Sicilia
Sardegna
Dante Alighieri
Regina Margerhita
Vittorio Emanuele
Benedetto Brin
Emanuele Filiberto
Ammiraglio di S. Bon
Dandolo
Milano
Siracusa
Mantova
Torino
Genova
Ravenna
Pescara
Firenze
Livorno
Cagliari
Caio Mario
Attilio Regolo
Cornelio Silla
Pompeo Magno
Scipione Africano
Claudio Druso
Claudio Tiberio
Giulio Germanico
Ottaviano Augusto
Paolo Emilio
Ulpio Traiano
Vispanio Agrippa
Vettor Pisani
Cristoforo Colombo
Flavio Gioia
Amerigo Vespucci
Pietro Micca
Goito
Monzambano
Montebello
Confienza
Etna
Vesuvio
Stromboli
Ettore Fieramosca
Dogali
Piemonte
Umbira
Lombardia
Etruria
Liguria
Elba
Puglia
Calabria
Marco Polo
Carlo Alberto
Varese
Francesco Ferruccio
Aquila
Sparviero
Europa
Falco
Sagittario

Spain

Pelayo
España
Alfonso XIII
Jaime I
Navarra
Reina Victoria Eugenia
Blas de Lezo
Méndez Núñez
Extremadura
Río de la Plata
Reina Cristina
Alfonso XII
Reina Mercedes
Isla de Luzón
Isla de Cuba
Marqués de la Ensenada
Velasco
Gravina
Infanta Isabel
Reina Regente
Cardenal Cisneros
Cataluña
Princesa de Asturias
Canarias
Baleares
Cristobal Colón
Conde de Venadito
Don Juan de Austria
Don Antonio de Ulloa
Isabel II
Carlos V
Infanta María Teresa
Vizcaya
Oquendo
Reina Regente
Alfonso XIII
Lepanto
Puigcerdá
Duque de Tetuán
Numancia
Victoria
Tetuán
Arapiles
Zaragoza
Sagunto
Méndez Núñez
Resolución
Reina Regente
Cardenal Cisneros
Cataluña
Princesa de Asturias
Canarias
Baleares

Portugal

Vasco da Gama
Alvares Cabral
Corte Real
Constituição
Liberal
Independência
Adamastor
São Gabriel
São Rafael
Dom Carlos I
Rainha Dona Amelia
Patria
Tejo
Douro
Rio Lima
Vouga
Diu
Sá da Bandeira
Duque da Terceira
Mindello
Afonso d'Albuquerque
Bartholomeu Dias
Estephania
Sagres
Dom Fernando II e Gloria
Dom Joao I
Goa
Damão
Vasco da Gama
Bartolomeu Dias
João da Nova
Tamega
Zambeze

Japan

Chin Yen
Yashima
Fuji
Hatsuse
Iki
Tango
Okinoshiima
Mishima
Shikishima
Asahi
Suwo
Iwami
Hizen
Mikasa
Katori
Kashima
Ikoma
Ibuki
Kurama
Satsuma
Aki
Settsu
Kongo
Haruna
Hiei
Kirishima
Fuso
Yamashiro
Ise
Hyuga
Nagato
Mutsu

Russia

Imperator Nikolai I
Borodino
Izmail
Kinburn
Navarin
Plevna
Petr Veliki
Tchesma
Ekaterina II
Georgi Pobiedonosets
Sinop
Imperator Alexander II
Dvienadstat Apostolov
Sissoli Veliki
Admiral Ushakov
Admiral Seniavin
General Admiral
Peresviet
Oslibia
Pobieda
Tsesarevich
Slava
Andrei Pervozvanny
Imperator Pavel I
Tri Svititelia
Rostislav
Pantelimon
Evstafi
Ioann Zlatoust
Sevastopol
Petropavlovsk
Poltava
Gangut
Imperatritsa Mariya
Imp. Ekaterina Velikaya
Imperator Alexander III
Petr Veliki
Imperatritsa Maria
Borodino
Melpomena
Bogatyr
Brailov
Uspeh
Flora
Kamchatka
Messemvria
Sizopol
Tsesarevna
Tsesarevich
Khersones
Bessarabia
Krym
Midia
Gromonosets
Kagul
Odessa
Otvazhnyi
Hercules
Constantin
Khrabryi
Smelyi
Grozyashchyi
Vladimir
Nadezhda
Kovarna
Kulevchi
Vladimir
Archimed
Gremyashchyi
Diana
Rurik
Olaf
Polkan
Kornilov
Askold
Svetlana
Ilia Muromets
Gromoboy
Khrabryi
General-Admiral
Smelyi
Solombala
Oleg
Peresvet
Oslyabya
Bayan
Dmitri Donskoi

Dutch

De Zeven Provincien
Konig der Nederlanden
Koningin Wilhelmina
Tromp
Piet Hein
Holland
Zeeland
Friesland
Gelderland
Noordbrabant
Utrecht
Prins Hendrik
Buffel
Guinea
Schorpioen
Stier
Heiligerlee
Krokodil
Tijger
Bloedhond
Cerberus
Adder
Haai
Hyena
Luipaard
Panter
Wesp
Koning
Draak
Matador
Reinier Claeszen
Evertsen
Kortenaer
Marten Harpertzoon
Jacob v. Heemskerck
De Ruyter
Admiraal v. Wassenaer
Evertsen
Zeeland
Prinses Amalia
Groningen
Vesuvius
Adolf Hertog v. Nassau
Anna Paulowna
Djambi
Willem
Zoutman
Leeuwarden
Metallen Kruis
Curacao
Zilveren Kruis
Van Galen
Atjeh
Koningin Emma
De Ruyter
Van Speyk
Johan Willem Friso
Abraham Crijnssen
Philips van Almonde
Marnix
De Bitter
Witte de With
Isaac Sweers
Java
Sumatra
Celebes

Sweden

Sverige
Drottning Victoria
Gustav V
Prins Oskar
Äran
Wasa
Tapperheten
Manligheten
Dristigheten
Oden
Thor
Niord
Svea
Göta
Thule
Fylgia
Örnen
Klas Uggla
Claes Horn
Jacob Bagge
Psilander
Clas Fleming
Gotland
Dristigheten
Karl XIII
Karl XIV Johan
Fäderneslandet
Försiktigheten
Gustav den Store
Äran
Camilla
Af Chapman
Eurydice
Josefine
Älvsnabben
Starkodder
Styrbiörn
Tirfing
Riksäpplet

Greece

Vasileos Konstantinos
Vasileos Georgios
Vasilissa Olga
Georgios Averof
Helle
Spetsai
Psara
Hydra
Psara
Spetsai
Lemnos
Kilkis
Salamis
Nearchos
Formion
Kimon
Themistocles
Nauarchos Miaoulis
Ambrakia
Akteon
Alpheos
Achelaos
Katsonis
Kountouriotis
Delphin
Xiphias
Poseidon
Glaukos
Nereus
Proteus
Triton
Amphitrite
Triaina
Katsonis
Papanikolis
Acheloos
Alfeios
Arcadia
Athenai
Esperia
Eurotas
Makedonia
Mykali
Adriatikos
Aeolos
Androutsos
Argos

Just a question, what is this Victoria?

What a really good idea you are discussing. Modern ships being named would be awesome to play! Please release it as a modcomp :D

Just a question, what is this Victoria?

Victoria is an Earth simulator by Paradox Interactive set in the period of 1836-1920, or roughly the lifespan of Queen Victoria. There is a mod for it called VIP (Victoria Improvement Project) that has a lot of historical events and people, which is where I got the ship names. Quite a fun game, actually.

What a really good idea you are discussing. Modern ships being named would be awesome to play! Please release it as a modcomp :D

I have thought about doing that a lot, but haven't had time because I wanted to do it in tandem with the custom GP, and they're not finished yet. But I suppose if people wanted the ship names without the GP, I could whip up a Python module. :D

Victoria is an Earth simulator by Paradox Interactive set in the period of 1836-1920, or roughly the lifespan of Queen Victoria. There is a mod for it called VIP (Victoria Improvement Project) that has a lot of historical events and people, which is where I got the ship names. Quite a fun game, actually.

I have thought about doing that a lot, but haven't had time because I wanted to do it in tandem with the custom GP, and they're not finished yet. But I suppose if people wanted the ship names without the GP, I could whip up a Python module. :D

any progress on this component sir?

Could anyone tell me the specific files I need from the WWII in the Pacific scenario, and how to unattach them from that mod?
Thanks

Hi guys I've put the fixed mehmet II and it has given me a leaderhead all red and not working well probably it's my graph card which could be a bit low (ATI X600), so i'm looking for the original mehmet II leaderhead files, of the warlords, if you have any tips please let me know.
Regards
M.A.

thats hilarious. Anyhow sorry to break out some necromancy but does anyone know anything about a BtS port for this? I could really use something like this, looks great.

edit: nevermind, it appears this can be achieved with XML only, thanks.

:confused: can anyone explain, what the relation of the last to questions to the topic of this thread is?

My guess is he (the last fellow) simply had the wrong thread open when he posted it. J.Rowand appeared to be asking about the Great People python files, which I used in my WWII scenario. They're fairly easy to spot, having "Great People" or something in the title.

edit: nevermind, it appears this can be achieved with XML only, thanks.

Not true at all.

The progress on this has been extremely slow, mainly because it is incredibly time consuming and tedious to verify every name on the list, then organize them in chronological order. It will be completed but I really couldn't say when.

I guess I could release the old list, but I don't particularly like it because I've discovered too many names that are out of order or don't make sense.

I am rather interested in adding this to my mod, I had a few quick questions though that hopefully you could answer GO, or anybody else for that matter.

First, what files does this entail? Python, SDK, XML? A little bit of all or some?

Second, how in-depth are we getting here? Are there full lists for civs like the Sioux, Babylon, and Sumeria? i.e. civs that we don't know much about, or may not have many great scientists for instance? If the answer is yes, are they all historical figures or did you use generic names? If the answer is no, does this mean they use another civs list or go off of the generic list?

This mod has comprehensive lists for all the different great people for all of the civs, so there are Sumerian Great Artists and Native American Great Merchants for example. It really is a great mod, and adds much more flavour to the game.
I know that there are two python files, which can be found in Gaius's WWII scenario, but I can't seem to get them to work, so I don't know if anything else is required.

Top Bottom