Help adding new traits

22bebo

Warlord
How do you add in a new trait to the game? I can find the info for cIV vanilla, but not BtS. Does it use the same file?

It should be the CIV4TraitInfos.xml in the Civilizations folder.

I don't have that folder, at least, not in the BtS folder. I do in the normal Civ. If I make it will it add them in or will it get mad at me and tell me that I did something wrong?

I don't have that folder, at least, not in the BtS folder. I do in the normal Civ. If I make it will it add them in or will it get mad at me and tell me that I did something wrong?

There's also CIV4TraitInfos.xml in warlords folder. I'd suggest you using that because I'm sure BTS does so too. I'm not sure what is the difference between them but I suggest you to use the most recent files to your version you're modding.
If you mod civiv, use its files. If you mod warlords, use its files OR if there isn't the file your looking for, use civiv's file. If you mod BTS, use its files OR if there isn't the file your looking for, use warlords' file and again if there isn't the file your looking for, use civiv's file.

That's basicly how it goes. If I didn't miss anything. ;)

There's also CIV4TraitInfos.xml in warlords folder. I'd suggest you using that because I'm sure BTS does so too. I'm not sure what is the difference between them but I suggest you to use the most recent files to your version you're modding.
If you mod civiv, use its files. If you mod warlords, use its files OR if there isn't the file your looking for, use civiv's file. If you mod BTS, use its files OR if there isn't the file your looking for, use warlords' file and again if there isn't the file your looking for, use civiv's file.

That's basicly how it goes. If I didn't miss anything. ;)

Okay, thanks. :)

If I remember correctly the only difference from warlords and bts in terms of traits was that the expansive worker rate was reduced from 50% to 25%.

Okay, I've got another question about it. The trait I want to add would give +2 espionage in all cities, and double production speed of the jail, intelligence agency, and the security bureau. And another one would give plus two relations with everyone, and give plus fifty percent trade route yield. My question is, how do I add new tags? I guess this goes with all XML files, but still . . .

Okay, I've got another question about it. The trait I want to add would give +2 espionage in all cities, and double production speed of the jail, intelligence agency, and the security bureau. And another one would give plus two relations with everyone, and give plus fifty percent trade route yield. My question is, how do I add new tags? I guess this goes with all XML files, but still . . .

The first is easy and can be done with xml. Look in the TraitInfos. There you can see <CommerceChanges/> in the trait you got. Replace it with this
Code:
			<CommerceChanges>
				<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
				<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
				<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
				<iCommerce>2</iCommerce>
			</CommerceChanges>
It gives you +2 ep per city.

The second part of your first request is done in the BuildingInfos. Look for the buildings you want, jail as an example. There you can see <ProductionTraits/> replace it with this
Code:
			<ProductionTraits>
				<ProductionTrait>
					<ProductionTraitType>TRAIT_YOURTRAITSNAME</ProductionTraitType>
					<iProductionTrait>100</iProductionTrait>
				</ProductionTrait>
			</ProductionTraits>
Do the same for intelligence agency and security bureau too.

The second one is harder to do. I have no idea how to do it in the original BTS' xml. You can add new tags, just remember to put them in the schema too. But your new tags wouldn't do anything. Getting them work would require some DLL coding. Python might be another way, not sure though.

Top Bottom