On which difficulty will you start your first ciV game?

zehcoutinho

Chieftain
Will you start playing at the same level as cIV? One level down? two?

I personnaly play cIV on Monarch. I was thinking about starting ciV two levels down, on Noble, wich is the "balanced" level.

Am I the only one who is already thinking about this? hehe

P.S.: I know that the difficulty levels may change, but for this I'm assuming the scale of cIV.

For me it will be the lowest level.

I want to test all the new features without thinking all the time that I wasted a turn or made a bad decision.

Presumably my second game will be two levels higher then :)

I'll play the tutorial mission first, which will probably have a preset level.

I'll probably play on the standard level, the one that doesn't give either the human or AI bonuses. I can't imagine playing on any easier of a level -- it's embarrassing to me if I need any bonuses to beat the AI. But I also don't want to play on any harder of a level because I don't want the AI to stomp me before I even get into the modern era.

I'll probably play on the second lowest level.

I'll try and get a feel for the game and quit half way through because I screwed it up royally. :lol:

Can't wait though. The game looks very promising. :D

yea the "noble" level to start out and get the feel of things. Probably go up to the equivalent of monarch or immortal after awhile if its anything like civ4.

First I'll go the tutorial to see the major changes, and then, in my first real game, I play on the standard difficulty

I read on the announcements in the Civfanatics main page, that a magazine stated that the AI on this one actually deserves the "I". Much better than the bonus only difficulty levels.

Wait, so instead of getting MOAR bonuses, the AI will actually become more intelligent as difficulty increases?

I'm mostly a Prince player (bit of a civ noob) so I'll probably go for Warlord (or equivalent) my first CiV game, just to get acclimated.

I'll probably play it on Warlord and then progress upwards... if I can... :p

because tbh I kind of sucked at cIV.

Balls to the wall, Deity for life!

Playing it on Deity the first time sounds excruciating. Who wants to get pummeled by the AI while you're just trying to figure out how to play? You're lucky to make it past the ancient era to even get a feel for the game.

That is, unless it's like Deity in Civ Revolution, which is pretty darn easy.

Balls to the wall, Deity for life!

now that you mention it that kinda sounds like fun. You'd probably get better at the game faster honestly. I learned how to play chess from playing Gary Kasparov Chess on my computer... I used to crank it up to Gary Kasparov difficulty and lose every time, but it made me much better. I can now beat most my friends even if I take my queen off the board before we start.

Playing it on Deity the first time sounds excruciating. Who wants to get pummeled by the AI while you're just trying to figure out how to play? You're lucky to make it past the ancient era to even get a feel for the game.

That is, unless it's like Deity in Civ Revolution, which is pretty darn easy.

now that you mention it that kinda sounds like fun. You'd probably get better at the game faster honestly. I learned how to play chess from playing Gary Kasparov Chess on my computer... I used to crank it up to Gary Kasparov difficulty and lose every time, but it made me much better. I can now beat most my friends even if I take my queen off the board before we start.

I pretty much always play every new game at the highest difficulty level available. I don't like to wade into the kiddie pool, I dive into the deep end. I get a much better feel for it that way.

I find that if you play at lower difficulty levels, you get away with a lot of bad habits. That doesn't happen at Deity level. Those bad habits get stamped out before they even get a chance to gain a foothold.

I will play towards the lower end of difficulty. If the AI actually improves intellectually, that will be a godsend.

Assuming Firaxis have the good sense to include a tutorial, the difficulty at which I start a normal game would probably be decided after seeing how confusing or easy the tutorial was. ;)

I read on the announcements in the Civfanatics main page, that a magazine stated that the AI on this one actually deserves the "I". Much better than the bonus only difficulty levels.

Unfortunately I made the experience that statements about the difficulty of a strategy game by game-magazine testers have nothing to do with actual difficulty and the quality of the AI.
I've read this particular statement "the AI on this one actually deserves the "I" or something similar countless times, it was wrong most of the times.
But one can hope :)

I'll probably start with CiV at Cheftain/Settler/whatever will be the lowest level. I'll read the Civiliopedia and then start playing. When I feel I'm ready, I'll go up a difficulty level, until I finally win Deity (or Sid!)

Top Bottom