[VidLP] Let's Play Sumeria as Gilgamesh - King

M0rdred

Chieftain
Sid Meier's Civilization VI is finally here! I am a very long-time fan of the series, having started with the original Civilization back in the day.

Sumeria's Gilgamesh adds a new twist to diplomatic styles in the Civilization series, in that he does not focus on City States, but rather on the other players. His special ability is that Sumeria's forces gain pillage and experience from nearby allied forces (and vice versa), meaning that Sumeria is at the strongest when fighting alongside allies.

As the earliest known civilization in the world, Sumeria is clearly keyed towards the early game (which is good, as it launches us right when they are at their most interesting), with bonuses to destroying barbarian camps and a super early unique unit.

Nation - Sumeria
Leader - Gilgamesh
Difficulty - King
Patch - Current
Mods - None
Map - Continents, Small
Speed - Standard
Settings - Default

Good stuff. I'm an a Mac and can't play yet, so watching someone else is fun. Good explanations and stuff.

1) You haven't been getting tribal goodies upon clearing barbarian huts. I started my first game this morning as Gilgamesh and it was the same thing.

2) The tribal village you discovered is about eight or nine hexes southwest of your city on the coast. They're hard to spot!

3) The story I've heard, which may absolutely be apocryphal, is that "Barbar" is how Romans described the sound of non-Latin-speaking peoples.

Good stuff. I'm an a Mac and can't play yet, so watching someone else is fun. Good explanations and stuff.

Glad you are enjoying it :D

1) You haven't been getting tribal goodies upon clearing barbarian huts. I started my first game this morning as Gilgamesh and it was the same thing.

Turns out I have, been getting the goodies they are just not shown when they happen. The outpost I destroy in ep2, I had 44 gold to start with, but ended with 124. +40 from the outpost, and 40 from ?? (the goodie hut).

2) The tribal village you discovered is about eight or nine hexes southwest of your city on the coast. They're hard to spot!

3) The story I've heard, which may absolutely be apocryphal, is that "Barbar" is how Romans described the sound of non-Latin-speaking peoples.

If I am not mistaken, I believe it was the Greeks who described non-Greek peoples as speaking with the sound of "bar bar bar", so they were referred to as barbarians. Barbarian derives originally from the Sanskrit word Barbaras which means stammering and the Greek word Barbaros from which the eventual English word Barbarian derives. :)

If I am not mistaken, I believe it was the Greeks who described non-Greek peoples as speaking with the sound of "bar bar bar", so they were referred to as barbarians. Barbarian derives originally from the Sanskrit word Barbaras which means stammering and the Greek word Barbaros from which the eventual English word Barbarian derives. :)

Yup! The Greek bar-bar-bar thing was what I was referring to (though I thought it was Roman). I didn't know that it went back in Sanskrit though.

Yup! The Greek bar-bar-bar thing was what I was referring to (though I thought it was Roman). I didn't know that it went back in Sanskrit though.

Cool. :)

Well, Greek, Roman and Sanskrit are all Indo-European languages so I believe the root word in PIE (proto Indo European) would probably be something like *Barbar.

Very interesting stuff. At least for me, anyway. :p

Cool. :)

Well, Greek, Roman and Sanskrit are all Indo-European languages so I believe the root word in PIE (proto Indo European) would probably be something like *Barbar.

Very interesting stuff. At least for me, anyway. :p

Me too :p

Episode 7. Your settler used 2 movement because it moved into zone of control.

Top Bottom