Delcares Formal War on myself, friendly nation follows suit

coolidge

Chieftain
I was playing peaceful vikings, when all the sudden some raging mad viking declared a formal war on me (myself). Then the Sumerians, of which we had a friendship formally declared, declared a formal war upon me. This is also 410 BC.

Running version 1.0.0.26

I have a save file, attached. Just click "next turn". Accept or decline the trade deals; it makes no difference.

Only thing of noteworthiness that might have happened previous turn was I had found the dead sea within Sumerian lands.

Attachments

• HARALD HARDRADA 147 410 BC.Civ6Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
Also I continued with this save and met a new empire (Arabia), which placed me at war with them without any declaration. To do this, the longship near sumerian lands need only travel pretty much straight east. Their relationship with Sumeria looks to be neutral? I can't really tell. There's no alliances at this point in the game (and when I played before I was confused as to the entire purpose since I was declared upon and my allies were not placed in war with the nation who declared, but that's a separate issue).

I was playing as Greece and this happened to me as well, the Aztecs declared on me and then, so did "myself" (Gorgo). At first I thought that it was simply my portrait replying to Montezuma, but it could not have been that, it said: Greece declares war on YOU.

Yea had that just happened with my own civ. Its a bug and now i am at war with brazil

Last edited:
It happened again to me in another game. After england discovered me with her ship, I declared war on myself, and she declared war on me. I wonder if it has to do with auto-exploration of ships going into sovereign waters, maybe?

This happened to me also. Playing as Cleo, Cleo declared war on me simultaneously with Montezuma. At the same moment I got a notification that Catherine de Medici declared war on me and I hadn't even met her. When I finally did meet her she greeted me pleasantly then attacked me :crazyeye:.

Add me to the list. Playing Gorgo...DOW from France and Greece (I chose the civs and no second Greece on map)

Yup, this has happened several times to me already. I've twice been declared war on by civs I haven't met yet, and each time it was accompanied by a declaration of war by myself.

I think what's happening is that an AI you already know arranges a joint war against you together with a civ you haven't met, and the animations default to your own leader.

I've also had cases of a civ instantly declaring war on me on the turn I discover them.

It also happened to me in my first game. Used random civ, got Victoria and just a few turns in my ruler declared war on me? Immediately after that Rome did as well. SO I am at war with myself, Rome and have raging barbarian horseman raining in on me. I went to 5 turn back save, got to the same place and bam it happened again, exact order. I was so confused. I can not see how a bug this game ruining could make it past testing. I guess I got to either start again or see if a new seed can be added in. I have no idea how this happened.

add me to the list too.. two games i've played so far.. both i declared war against myself. In the first game i also was at war with an unmet player (which i met 100 turns later).

Seems like the AI gets ppl mixed up or something... or just want a three way war..cause three ways are awesome! :)

I experienced this bug also. America declared a formal war on me and the second player who declared war on me was myself !!!!! :confused:
After that I was at war with an unmet player !!!!! :lol:

Add another one to the list.

Playing as Gorgo and Japan declared. I skipped the cutscene and pressed 'ok' at which point the game switched to me declaring war upon myself. I also now find myself at war with an unmet civ.

It was my first turn after loading a save, so I've included the save file. Hope it helps.

It happens every load of that save.

Attachments

• GORGO 45 2240 BC.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
I've also had this same bug. Formal war from a Civ I just met, followed my formal war declared from myself against myself. According to the popup messages after the fact it was actually Japan and an unmet player who had declared War on me. So far Japan (who only has a -3 diplomatic penalty) has been open to no reasonable peace deals.

So Hojo of Japan just declared war on me. That wouldn't be so unusual except for the fact that I'm playing Japan. I haven't met any other Japan civs in my game either. Granted, I haven't met all the other civs yet. Also, my people have plenty of housing and ammenaties so rebellion is unlikely. I'm also not seeing any rebel units.

Patch 1.0.0.26

Attached is game file prior to bug condition. Bug occured right before turn 55 began for me.

Attachments

• a.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Playing as Gorgo and Japan declared. I skipped the cutscene and pressed 'ok' at which point the game switched to me declaring war upon myself.

Same thing happened to me but with the roles reversed. I was Japan, Gorgo declared on me and right after her DOW, I see myself/Hojo declare war on me.

S.

So last night I'm playing a medium sized solo game as Gorgo/Sparta.

So far, in addition to a couple of city states, I had met the Brazilians and the Sumerians. I'm getting along with the Sumerians just fine.

Out of nowhere, I see the animated diplomatic screen, with Gorgo telling *me* that she has had enough of my crap and is declaring war on you.

Then it cuts to Gilgamesh saying he's had enough of my crap and he is happy to go to war with me.

Then it comes back to the main world map screen and lo and behold I'm at War with Gilgamesh/Sumeria.

Now, about 10 turns later, I discover Athens/Pericles.

So I'm wondering if somehow the game messed up Greece: Sparta with Greece: Athens, and perhaps Pericles should have been going to war with Gilgamesh, not me?

...aaaaaaannnnd....of course, right after posting this I found people having similar issues (despite not seeing anything relevant in a search)

Moderator Action: Threads merged

I am playing as Rome and found Brazil. Traded a few items, he seemed to like me. The slider was very positive and the current standings were +5, +2, +2 and -2. Then Brazil and myself declared war on me.

So I have a clone. I knew about that bug, still weird. But this clone did not met me before. Nevertheless he declares war on me. And of course both AIs did not want this war, so they did not send a single unit. A few rounds later Brazil made peace and gave me some gold. And that's when I noticed that this bug is a huge problem. I could not make peace with Alternative Rome! I had a very long war in my game before and it really hurts, most of my cities went crazy and started to spawn Barbarians. I don't want to repeat that, so my only priority now is to build some ships, sail across the Ocean and find myself to make peace - and get some gold, as always :)

In less than a week I have found so many bugs, it's absolutely terrifying. I cannot name a single feature that does not have multiple major bugs (and by "feature" I mean something bigger than just "Fortify"). Especially trading is so broken that I don't know how to write down every bug I found so far. The whole system is not working as intended.

Don't get me wrong, I like Civ 6 and I hope that those bugs get fixed soon. However the current state of the game is everything else but stable. To me this is not a release version, this is early beta. The game feels and looks unfinished and rushed.

TL;DR
1. There can be a "clone" of the player.
2. The AI can be part of a joined war against somebody they did not met before which is a huge problem.
3. The AI declares war for no reason, does nothing and than makes peace for some gold.
4. Trading needs to be looked at, so broken...

Last edited:
Top Bottom