Improved Tech Tree (from me)

RedKi-rr

Prince
Please find updated Tech Tree for Civ1. After 25 years, there should be something like this for Civ 1 :king:

It is based on a Tech Tree found at this forum. Then I removed a couple of mistakes (for example, Bridge Building requires Alphabet instead of Construction) and added pointers to each tech specifying its class. As it is know, in Civ 1 all techs are ordered by quite a strange order, then each tech gets a numbers from 0 to 2, which indicated the reminder after its number in this list is divided by 3. So, each turn it's impossible to research techs from one of these groups (except some tech like Alphabet; or I beleive it's always possible to research a tech which is in the top of this list, i.e. the first unresearched tech, and it's doesn't matter its class). And the classes/grous are cycled. Also I put here the old version and the ordered list of techs.

Please feel free to comment :love:

Attachments

• Civtechs_Improved_jpg.JPG
    Civtechs_Improved_jpg.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 372
  • civa1techs.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 309
  • Civtechs_old.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 280
Any fixed tech tree would make chivalry and horseback riding some sort of requisite for *something*. It's dumb that those three techs are dead ends, ending in a military unit barely better than a chariot.

Possibly you should have those techs before you get Railroad or even gunpowder.

Any fixed tech tree would make chivalry and horseback riding some sort of requisite for *something*.

I definitely agree. It's pretty horsehockey. As well as recycling too...I see only one useful moment from them: AI research them and it reduced their cheating power :king:
Actually, I even wanted to remove some of those tech from tree. I did the picture to have a good overview of techs for OCC games. So, around 5-10 tech are always useless...

Not me, i love Cavalry units. Always get Horseback Riding as soon as i can. At that point, Pottery/CereBur/Currency are only good for buildings that you can't pay for so early in the game. But a 2-move unit lets you sweep all the helpful huts before your rivals can discover them. And a Knight is not just "barely better than a chariot." It hits twice as hard and defends twice as well. I rarely build Catapults, who needs them when you've got Knights? If i need to take a walled city, half the time Knights can do it on their own, even with 50% attrition. In tougher cases, i send in a flurry of Diplomats. One Dippy will just sabotage the current production. But 3 Dippys infiltrating on the same turn have a good chance of tearing down the walls.

Top Bottom