Release For Mac?

Tried to play it on Parallels last night but it crashed so have resorted to BootCamp until it comes out for Mac native. Plays okay for me in BC but... (I want MAC!!!).

Soooo uh.... still no word from Aspyr despite the hype train. I'm not frustrated that it's not out yet, but I am really frustrated that we don't get any communication at all.

Communication is there, but you have to go to the Steam Civ VI forum to see it. Here's the latest from Aspyr:

"This. No worries guys, the Mac version will show up as soon as we go out with the release. Fingers crossed for today, but if we don't make it we will work through the weekend to get it to you ASAP."

Communication is there, but you have to go to the Steam Civ VI forum to see it. Here's the latest from Aspyr:

"This. No worries guys, the Mac version will show up as soon as we go out with the release. Fingers crossed for today, but if we don't make it we will work through the weekend to get it to you ASAP."

Aaahhhh that makes much more sense. I've been checking their website and social media; I feel better to know that they are posting updates =] Thanks for sharing!

This just in from Steam:

"We submitted what we hope is an FC late last night. If all goes well, we should be out today. If a bug pops up, we will work through the weekend in hopes of a weekend release. Worst case, we go out Monday or Tuesday."

I'm sure as soon as we have something to announce, you guys will know.

I'm usually the one to post on CivFanatics, but my real job is QA Lead, so I'm a little bit busy at the moment, as you can imagine.

Thanks Ryan =] Now that I know where the updates are, I'm refreshing the page every five seconds or so. You guys are doing all that you can, thanks again!

It would be GREAT if we see the Mac version this weekend. I took today off work to play it on the Bootcamp/PC, but can't get it to run. Am running M$ update now, but that will take all day and night to get Windoze updated. <sigh>

Awwww... I just opened steam and the starting screen was a big "Civilization VI now available." It had a blueish-green shade of coloring to the well known picture with atlas. So for a very short moment, I was very happy, because I thought this means the Mac version is available now. But no... just the normal launch advertisement as it seems.

Latest from Aspyr on the Steam forum: "We are still hopeful for tonight. Worst case, Monday or Tuesday of next week."

From the live stream chat:
We are really pushing for in the next week, so set aside those "Month long" worries

More info. Not as optimistic this time, but probably more realistic:

"I just received word that Monday or Tuesday is the target:( We have a FC build over to 2K for approvals, and after a lot of consideration, we have all agreed that full QA sweeps by both teams on the build are appropriate before release (which takes quite a bit of time given the game's size).
I know this is a bummer for those of you who planned on many turns this weekend, but quality is the primary goal for all involved. While we are confident that our FC build is release worthy, imagine the *&^% show if a progression blocking bug popped up over the weekend that we somehow missed."

It's only disappointing because simultaneous release was dangled as a possibility. If they can get the mac version up and running within three or four days of the PC release, I think that's pretty impressive (and a big improvement on previous civs).

I'm bummed a little since this was my first open weekend in a while, but a solid release is probably better than one with serious bugs. It'll be worth the wait.

It's only disappointing because simultaneous release was dangled as a possibility. If they can get the mac version up and running within three or four days of the PC release, I think that's pretty impressive (and a big improvement on previous civs).

I agree, very impressive, better than the months or years it used to take. Also I agree with them doing more QA and making sure it's good, rather than release now and patch later (which they'll have to do anyway, it just won't be as bad)

I agree with everyone that it's better to have a good version a few days later than a buggy one in a hurry. But I sure am excited to play!

Any newly-released game is bound to have some bugs, however much QA the devs do. Let's hope the QA gets rid of potential game-breakers, though.

Im assuming everyones aware of the Aspyr tweet on saturday - 'release more like in a matter of days than a matter of weeks' ?

Im assuming everyones aware of the Aspyr tweet on saturday - 'release more like in a matter of days than a matter of weeks' ?
Yes we are. But before that (and even on Friday) the word was something like 'trying for same release day as windows version (no promises).' And after that it said Monday or Tuesday. So I hoped, when I come home from work (now) it may already be up.

Top Bottom