Community Patch - How To Install

I installed the automatic mod with EUI but the mod is not showing up in the mods menu. The EUI is working but the rest just isnt on the mods screen when I checked in the mods folder they also werent in there.

I installed CBP with the Vox Populi installer (which supposedly also installs EUI), however the game is unplayable (EUI is not working in many levels). The non-EUI version does seem to be working. But I'd really love to try out the EUI version. Any suggestions?

I installed CBP with the Vox Populi installer (which supposedly also installs EUI), however the game is unplayable (EUI is not working in many levels). The non-EUI version does seem to be working. But I'd really love to try out the EUI version. Any suggestions?

I also installed it like you did and was having similar problem. The EUI just seemed flawed with long file names coming in tooltips etc. Here's how I sorted it:
1)First ensure that you are starting the game correctly. After enabling Mods, do not click "BACK" . You have to setup game from the mod page itself.
2) If you have other mods installed it might create problems. So ensure you have only the Vox Populi
3) Go to C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5. Here delete the Cache folder, Logs folder and Moduserdata folder (if they are present). Go inside MODS folder and delete all the folders inside it.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC . Here delete the UI_bc1 folder (if present. it will be present mostly
if you installed the EUI version)
4) Reinstall Vox Populi using the installer.

These steps are given in the "Manual Installation" pdf at the 1st page of this thread.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if yall could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong when installing just the Community Patch and EUI. I'm currently trying and failing to make everything work on a fairly slow PC, so I'll use my phone to make this post. Please excuse and errors.

My main problem is the UI completely bugging out after installing everything in what I thought was the correct way.
http://imgur.com/DwMaNkH (sorry about the quality, trying to troubleshoot at the same time)

I'm not exactly sure what to do and because I've just started playing civ v and even more recently started trying the community patch I feel like it's me that's doing something wrong. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if yall could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong when installing just the Community Patch and EUI. I'm currently trying and failing to make everything work on a fairly slow PC, so I'll use my phone to make this post. Please excuse and errors.

My main problem is the UI completely bugging out after installing everything in what I thought was the correct way.
http://imgur.com/DwMaNkH (sorry about the quality, trying to troubleshoot at the same time)

I'm not exactly sure what to do and because I've just started playing civ v and even more recently started trying the community patch I feel like it's me that's doing something wrong. Thanks for the help everyone.

All you will need to do to install the full VP package is run the installer, nothing further to do. All instructions to the contrary are either old versions or for different setups. Also do not use the vanilla version of EUI, only use that which comes with the installer.

Having said that, sadly I feel your problems are much more than that. Your screen shot seems to indicate either a graphics card failure or a graphics driver issue that will need to be dealt with first.
You may also possibly have issues with any game overlay software that you use: Steam, AMD, MSI, and others all supply software that is loaded along with the game and can be called up with a keypress, yours may be broken.

Hello,

I am new to the civ series, and am starting with Civ V. I read an article and it mentioned in installing this mod. I am wondering whether this works on OSX through steam, and if someone starting CIV V should start by installing these mods? Has this project also been abandoned?

EDIT:
From what I've been reading, as far as I can tell, the major mods like enhanced user interface, and community patch (this one?) and community balance patch, all don't work with my mac version of civ running through steam. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new to the civ series, and am starting with Civ V. I read an article and it mentioned in installing this mod. I am wondering whether this works on OSX through steam, and if someone starting CIV V should start by installing these mods? Has this project also been abandoned?

EDIT:
From what I've been reading, as far as I can tell, the major mods like enhanced user interface, and community patch (this one?) and community balance patch, all don't work with my mac version of civ running through steam. Is this correct?

The Community Patch will not work on Mac, because it uses a Windows-specific system that can't even be emulated. Don't know about EUI however. Also ftr the Community Patch and the Community Balance Patch are both here - the Community Patch (CP) being the core bugfix and the Community Balance Patch (CBP or CBO) has the game-changing overhaul.

If you really are new to the game, you might wanna just play vanilla for a bit in order to get an understanding of how the game works tbh. You can always move onto overhaul mods like this or the JFDDLC later.

All you will need to do to install the full VP package is run the installer, nothing further to do. All instructions to the contrary are either old versions or for different setups. Also do not use the vanilla version of EUI, only use that which comes with the installer.

If I don't want whole vp pack, just the Core community patch, how would you recommend I get the EUI? I was able to get just the Core stuff working by playing around and following your advice, but it doesn't come with EUI, which is a tad bit disappointing.

Having said that, sadly I feel your problems are much more than that. Your screen shot seems to indicate either a graphics card failure or a graphics driver issue that will need to be dealt with first.
You may also possibly have issues with any game overlay software that you use: Steam, AMD, MSI, and others all supply software that is loaded along with the game and can be called up with a keypress, yours may be broken.

Assuming this is true, I think I'll be out of luck. Broke student that's just using a poor computer with a $50 graphics card. If all else fails, I still run the base game fine.

Thanks so much for the help. Considering how illiterate I am when it comes to computers, I'm grateful to have some help.

Edit: Well I suppose I feel very stupid. Turns out I can just get the whole pack and disable everything but the core. Whelp. Oh well. Thanks for the help anyway!

Last edited:
Do you really have to have all of the DLC to use this patch? I have Brave New World and Gods and Kings but I didn't buy all the civilizations as there are so many nice ones (freely) available on the workshop and I never play scenarios. Does this patch really require all the DLC?

Do you really have to have all of the DLC to use this patch? I have Brave New World and Gods and Kings but I didn't buy all the civilizations as there are so many nice ones (freely) available on the workshop and I never play scenarios. Does this patch really require all the DLC?

Yes because it makes use of API changes included in those civ DLCs. You'll also require WotAW - in fact, you need all bar the map packs, just to be safe.

Hi guys,

I think there is actually some small problem with the automatic installer. I used it to install CBP and the mod works fine for the most part, but there are UI issues, such as missing texts, and I'm not getting the unhappiness tooltips when hovering over a city name (neither on the city screen or on the main map). It's not a mod conflict because I've never used Civ V with any other mods.
I searched the forums and found another guy with exactly the same problem. (User "Barak" on this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-introduction-to-happiness-in-vox-populi.565658/ )
Searching into his later posts to see if he found a solution, that user mentions that he has had nothing but trouble with the automatic installer and has switched to manual installation, after which he seems to have solved his UI issues.

I will now try the manual installation myself.
You should probably check on that.

Hi guys,

I think there is actually some small problem with the automatic installer. I used it to install CBP and the mod works fine for the most part, but there are UI issues, such as missing texts, and I'm not getting the unhappiness tooltips when hovering over a city name (neither on the city screen or on the main map). It's not a mod conflict because I've never used Civ V with any other mods.
I searched the forums and found another guy with exactly the same problem. (User "Barak" on this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-introduction-to-happiness-in-vox-populi.565658/ )
Searching into his later posts to see if he found a solution, that user mentions that he has had nothing but trouble with the automatic installer and has switched to manual installation, after which he seems to have solved his UI issues.

I will now try the manual installation myself.
You should probably check on that.

Going to assume you either have an abnormal install, or you moved your copy of civ w/o changing the registry, or you installed a non-steam copy of Civ (i.e. pirated copy). A standard install of civ will work correctly every time.

G

Going to assume you either have an abnormal install, or you moved your copy of civ w/o changing the registry, or you installed a non-steam copy of Civ (i.e. pirated copy). A standard install of civ will work correctly every time.
G

vyyt said:
Or maybe if he is using the Eui version, the Eui could be landing in the wrong place, in case his Steam install is in a different drive than C:? Is it possible?

I have the Steam version and didn't do any strange things with it, but all my Steam games are located on a separate E: drive.
I did not install EUI myself, though I'm always reading that the automatic installer installs it by itself, so I guess its active? When loading mods I can not select the last option "(6a) Compatibility Files EUI" because "its missing required dependencies". Not sure if that's correct or perhaps a hint at what is going wrong.

I have the Steam version and didn't do any strange things with it, but all my Steam games are located on a separate E: drive.
I did not install EUI myself, though I'm always reading that the automatic installer installs it by itself, so I guess its active? When loading mods I can not select the last option "(6a) Compatibility Files EUI" because "its missing required dependencies". Not sure if that's correct or perhaps a hint at what is going wrong.

If you can't enable that, that's why you are getting errors. Check your steam install, clear cache, verify integrity, and drop mods into and out of mods folder while civ is open. Should fix it.

If you can't enable that, that's why you are getting errors. Check your steam install, clear cache, verify integrity, and drop mods into and out of mods folder while civ is open. Should fix it.

Oh, yes indeed. Looking into the mods folder I saw that the following mods:

(2) Community Balance Overhaul
(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)

contained duplicate directories, probably from an old version of CBP, where instead of "Overhaul" the word "Patch" was used. So either the installer didn't correctly remove the old version first, or I missed the instructions telling me that I need to remove the old version before installing a newer one.
Now the interface is working correctly. Thanks. Didn't expect to find a solution so quickly. =)
And for the first time I see that practically all of my cities are dangerous! :-O

I wonder if its still viable continuing my savegame or if things will be messed up now.

Oh, yes indeed. Looking into the mods folder I saw that the following mods:

(2) Community Balance Overhaul
(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)

contained duplicate directories, probably from an old version of CBP, where instead of "Overhaul" the word "Patch" was used. So either the installer didn't correctly remove the old version first, or I missed the instructions telling me that I need to remove the old version before installing a newer one.
Now the interface is working correctly. Thanks. Didn't expect to find a solution so quickly. =)
And for the first time I see that practically all of my cities are dangerous! :-O

I wonder if its still viable continuing my savegame or if things will be messed up now.

It'll probably be quite messed up.

You must have had some very very old version from spring(?). The autoinstaller automatically removes the "not so old" versions for you, but cannot handle the old versions with the old name.

Gazebo, I suppose it is not possible to make the autoinstaller remove the very old versions as well, is it?

No. When we changed the name I had a look at the script for it and it wasn't possible. Anyway the number of users that this will still apply to is rapidly shrinking and very soon there won't be anymore.

Top Bottom