Resource icon

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

vans163

Chieftain
vans163 submitted a new resource:

Quick UI [Civilization 6] - Quick UI [Civilization 6]

Lets get it started!

Civilization 6 - Quick UI is a DLC to reduce the amount of clicks required to manage your empire.

Version civ6: 1.0.0.26
Version qui: undefined

https://github.com/vans163/civ6_qui

Feel free to fork and contribute or use the code in your own projects.
Read the commit logs for all the rolling changes.

First release is planned in 7 more days of bug fixing / user input.

Quick UI started on the morning of October 22nd when after my first 50...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. Why make it a DLC? I can't seem to activate it in an existing game that way.

Looks interesting. Why make it a DLC? I can't seem to activate it in an existing game that way.

I am not sure right now how the mods work. Looking at some code, it seems mods add functionality (not sure if they can override Base functions) and are called from the Base lua files.

If mods cannot override Base functions, then the DLC is the only way.

K2 also needs to release documentation on how to create mods exactly. Making the DLC was easy because I got the preorder and I have the Aztec DLC to reference, as well there is a post here explaining the new .modinfo format.

On a side note, one annoying thing I cant seem to find right now:
- Leader screens are godawful slow. I usually spam ESC when they come up often missing the requests. I looked through how to make it faster, but it appears most of this functionality is coming straight from the game DLL's (stuff we do not have easy access to).

And currently I am adding production locking. Production queue is too complex right now. So if you select for example 'Imba Horse Archer that I am not sure how it made it passed Alpha' and press a lock button beside it. That city will only produce that unit without needed to re-queue it each time.

Last edited:
Cool.

Yeah, I copied it over to the mod directory and made it visible, but you're right, doesn't seem like it can actually make those core changes.

I really hope modding wasn't just an afterthought to these guys this time around...

Cool.

Yeah, I copied it over to the mod directory and made it visible, but you're right, doesn't seem like it can actually make those core changes.

I really hope modding wasn't just an afterthought to these guys this time around...

So far I like what they did with hotload. You no longer need a special hooking tool nor do you need to load a save game each time you make changes.

Saving any file in a loaded directory hotloads changes and refreshes the UI. Often you need to save twice, the first hotload bugs out. Regardless this greatly speeds up mod development.

Last edited:
Line 706 in CityPanelOverview.lua

function OnAddToProductionQueue()
-- LuaEvents.CityPanel_ProductionOpenForQueue(); --??TRON
end

So it appears someone was tasked with creating the production queue, but never got around to it?

This looks like a great start thanks.

So it cannot be added to a current game is that correct?

This looks like a great start thanks.

So it cannot be added to a current game is that correct?

Yes exactly. It must be a newly created game. If you really wanted to, you could unzip the files into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets", replacing everything and deleting the .modinfo file. This will allow you to play save games with the mod. You lose the source control of git though. If future changes come to the mod in the form of removal, you wont be able to apply this. Unless you copy back the original Assets folder, then apply the updated version of the Quick UI DLC again.

Pushed a temporary change that creates horsemen by default if the city finished production. Clicking 10 cities every 1-2 turns to produce horsemen got tedious!

The ideal final change would be a production queue or production lock.

Last edited:
Thanks,
I tried on a new game, very clean.

Why would you want it to create horsemen all the time?

I wonder whats the possibility of ...

1. Surplus food rather than total food in the summary, or perhaps both?
2. Right click to exit screens etc
3. Did you notice anything that might fix the issue of the "production finished" message showing the 2nd last item built rather than the actual item just built.

Thanks for your work.

Good luck.

Thanks,
I tried on a new game, very clean.

Why would you want it to create horsemen all the time?

I wonder whats the possibility of ...

1. Surplus food rather than total food in the summary, or perhaps both?
2. Right click to exit screens etc
3. Did you notice anything that might fix the issue of the "production finished" message showing the 2nd last item built rather than the actual item just built.

Thanks for your work.

Good luck.

Horsemen / Horse Archer are really powerful the entire game and you can build them really fast with the 100% bonus policy. As you go through the ages unit construction speeds don't seem to scale right. Like you can build 5 Horsemen in the time it takes to build 1 knight. And 5 horsemen > 1 knight. (With Scythia make that 10 horsemen). 12 horsemen in the time it takes to build 1 field cannon. (24 with Scythia). This is literally The Last Samurai, except the samurai win this time.

The food stuff is complex. If you poke around the files you might find something to latch on it. I could not find things like TotalFoodRequiredToGrow.

Ideally I wanted food to be like CurrentFood +(-)PerTurnFinalAmount / TotalFoodRequiredForNextCitizen.

About that production issue, vaguely I recall something buggy like it said I built a district last (when inspecting the city) when it was really a horseman.
The file responsible could be UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua.

Got you about the horsemen, where is that in case I want to disable it please?

It does that production thing every time, it always shows the wrong thing, ill have alook there, (im no expert though)

The only thing I found that I thought might be the right info for surplus was

Controls.NetFoodPerTurn:SetText( toPlusMinusString(data.FoodSurplus) );

But I have no idea how to integrate that if it is correct.

Holy sweet coincidence is there was ever one.. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630404126
My qUIck projects for XCom2 have been getting stuff for more than eight months now! Wild.

Okay.. here's why i actually wrote in this thread.

-- All i really want is a TRUE system of H(ue)S(aturation)L(ightness) controls (maybe just numeric sliders) to edit anything worthy of 'UI+HUD changes' such as...

#1) FOW -- Image itself & the generic coloring schema. (Brownish to Greyish scales/gradients, etc)
#2) Allow anyone to fiddle with whichever contrasting elements of choice. Resources-Icons from the map(s) - resize them at will, sharpen, keep colors in the FOG and many other details.
#3) Since you are trying to touch many Panels.. a few actually need to be (somewhat) bigger for clarity. Doubling the Mini-Map would help out, i guess.

Good luck, with everything you have in mind.

im new to mods, and cant work out how to install this...

what do you mean by "Inside the directory do a "git clone https://github.com/vans163/civ6_qui ."

I don't think i have gt installed, and have no idea what a git clone is.

"If you do not have git installed, you can download and extract the archive of the repo from
https://github.com/vans163/civ6_qui/archive/1.0.0.26.zip"

i downloaded this and extracted it to its folder, now what?
I also would like to know how to install this mod.

what do you mean by "Inside the directory do a "git clone https://github.com/vans163/civ6_qui ."

"If you do not have git installed, you can download and extract the archive of the repo from

Thats it, you had two choices, git clone or extract, you chose extract. Its installed.

vans this is awesome, thanks!

Two things that'd be extremely helpful that I've heard many streamers complain about:
- The city tooltip (including the growth info you added) doesn't update until the next turn, but the city details and city info (at the bottom) does update that turn if you change tile assignments. Hope this helps: if you change what you are producing and then change back, that will force the tooltip to update.
- There are some hotkeys missing, most notably a toggle for change tile assignments ("manage citizens")

In your screenshot I see "TilBorder" - does that mean you found out how and when borders pop? That's information I still can't seem to find even if I look at city details. Is it controlled by culture output as everyone assumes or by food output, as the font color green suggests?

Got you about the horsemen, where is that in case I want to disable it please?

It does that production thing every time, it always shows the wrong thing, ill have alook there, (im no expert though)

The only thing I found that I thought might be the right info for surplus was

Controls.NetFoodPerTurn:SetText( toPlusMinusString(data.FoodSurplus) );

But I have no idea how to integrate that if it is correct.

Let me look into disabling the horsemen and adding the proper locking mechanism I wanted. Also looking into the food.

To do it yourself looking at commit TEMPORARY: Create horseman by default always
Change line 2148 of ProductionPanel.lua from:
Events.CityProductionCompleted.Add(OnCityProductionCompleted);
to
--Events.CityProductionCompleted.Add(OnCityProductionCompleted);
(You can change it as the game it running, save the file twice an the game will
automatically refresh the mod live)

Holy sweet coincidence is there was ever one.. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630404126
My qUIck projects for XCom2 have been getting stuff for more than eight months now! Wild.

Okay.. here's why i actually wrote in this thread.

-- All i really want is a TRUE system of H(ue)S(aturation)L(ightness) controls (maybe just numeric sliders) to edit anything worthy of 'UI+HUD changes' such as...

#1) FOW -- Image itself & the generic coloring schema. (Brownish to Greyish scales/gradients, etc)
#2) Allow anyone to fiddle with whichever contrasting elements of choice. Resources-Icons from the map(s) - resize them at will, sharpen, keep colors in the FOG and many other details.
#3) Since you are trying to touch many Panels.. a few actually need to be (somewhat) bigger for clarity. Doubling the Mini-Map would help out, i guess.

Good luck, with everything you have in mind.

Interesting coincidence, but I have never even played the XCom series!

To work with images like that is definitely doable. It will probably require using tools from Civ5 to change the images. I have never worked with images in that way. If anyone wants to contribute
the community would be more then happy. I agree a lot of the art looks like its blending in together, its hard to tell FoW from land, its hard to tell rainforest from forest, its hard to spot resource icons.
Also citizen icons need to be made smaller, and yield icons on tiles larger. Perhaps recolored so the damn food does not blend in with the forest.

I also would like to know how to install this mod.

Thats it, you had two choices, git clone or extract, you chose extract. Its installed.

Exactly as jadel said. It is now installed, if you start a new game and click on the Mods button when you go to save/load game. You should see it.

Looking good.

I'm guessing for multiplayer you need it disabled?

If Civ6 follows in Civ5 footsteps, where you can play online by changing Lua files. You cant play online by changing game .dlls, database or xml files. So this mod should work online.
If this is not the case, applying the mod vs the Base lua files should work online. If so I can add a script that will copy the mod over the base files.

vans this is awesome, thanks!

Two things that'd be extremely helpful that I've heard many streamers complain about:
- The city tooltip (including the growth info you added) doesn't update until the next turn, but the city details and city info (at the bottom) does update that turn if you change tile assignments. Hope this helps: if you change what you are producing and then change back, that will force the tooltip to update.
- There are some hotkeys missing, most notably a toggle for change tile assignments ("manage citizens")

I see so you mean the banner yields (TilNextPop, [Pop/Housing], TilBorder) don't update? Or the actual game itself does not update right in the first place. In either case, that could take a lot of
hunting down to find the exact triggering events responsible for refreshing things. This is open to contribution, if I notice the code responsible I will fix it.

That toggle you mean to bring up the citizen selection screen?

In your screenshot I see "TilBorder" - does that mean you found out how and when borders pop? That's information I still can't seem to find even if I look at city details. Is it controlled by culture output as everyone assumes or by food output, as the font color green suggests?

Yup that is time until your borders pop and add an extra tile to your empire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom