PSA: How to enable team multiplayer

atlashorizon

Chieftain
Team multiplayer appears to be completely functional, but disabled temporarily:
Code:
 -- IMPORTANT: DISABLING TEAM PULLDOWNS UNTIL DAY 0 PATCH

You can simply change the following line in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Multiplayer\StagingRoom.lua
or your equivalent path

Code:
playerEntry.TeamPullDown:SetHide(true);
to this
Code:
playerEntry.TeamPullDown:SetHide(false);

Be sure to edit line #1134 with the comment about the day 0 patch above it; there are two other places this line shows up in the file.

While everything seems to be working fine in my very limited testing, do this at your own risk since they obviously disabled it for a reason! You can set teams in multiplayer staging for players who haven't edited this file as well, and it seems to work just fine ingame.

Last edited:
Code:

You can simply change the following line in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Multiplayer\StagingRoom.lua
or your equivalent path

Code:
to this
Code:

Be sure to edit line #1134 with the comment about the day 0 patch above it; there are two other places this line shows up in the file.

While everything seems to be working fine in my very limited testing, do this at your own risk since they obviously disabled it for a reason! You can set teams in multiplayer staging for players who haven't edited this file as well, and it seems to work just fine ingame.

Wow, thank you so much man! My friend and I are going to try this out right away. The only thing I'm scared of is if the AI teams share tech and the human teams don't. I will test and let you know if there is a game breaking bug. I'm assuming they removed it for a reason.

So here is a report of a friend of mine and me concerning the team setting. We are currently playing with teams enabled done according to the here mentioned change in the code.

However, the teams are not really working. We cannot share our tech (so aren't our two AI opponents), and it seems that also victory cannot be achieved in a team. Only difference so far is that starting positions of the team members are visible at the beginning and that the team is in an alliance. This alliance breaks after the specific turns given by the game speed (as a normal alliance).

Agreed ^ we noticed the same thing. Doesn't look like team multiplayer is really working apart from starting positions being revealed and initial alliance, which eventually wears off.

Code:

or your equivalent path

Code:
to this
Code:

CONFIRMED FALSE: Doesn't work. Just gives you Alliance for the first 30 turns. My friends and I just played one all the way through and I can confirm that players do NOT share victory conditions.

Yeah, same situation with our test game today. Seems like the feature has shipped broken. A few notes (some echoing of above):
  • It seems that if you click 'next turn' then it counts as a hard pass. No last-minute changes whilst your "teammate" is moving.
  • Research is not shared.
  • You can see your teammate's starting location, but the "sight" from each other's units is not shared.
  • In our game my teammate couldn't make purchases with gold and could not build wonders!

Last edited:
Top Bottom