Well this is going absolutely terrible

how the hell are you supposed to play this

Spoiler :

Edit:
Spoiler :

there's like at least seven 75K stacks roaming about

10+ actually

like this is impossible.

Anybody who has the time, you don't need to do more than looking if you don't want

Here is my savefile

Can anyone see what I reasonably could do?

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't want to import it into V2 and HoI4 first? :p
I would need to learn to play these games first, and it's already hard to be patient enough to finish the last 100 years.

Also, it would make for a rather boring game, as I would already be utterly dominating right from the start, with only a few weak foes to pick on at leisure. If I haven't already conquered the world by the end of the EU4 timeline (which is unlikely, but that it can be considered is already hinting at the lack of interest of the follow-up game :p).
Can anyone see what I reasonably could do?
From what I see, it just seems you didn't prepare adequately for the end-of-game crisis. A total of 750k armies are not a joke, but they should be well within your punching league 250 years in.

At this time, with the baddies in your systems, it's probably too late. If you have one, maybe take a previous save from about 25 years before the invasion and ramp up your military massively ?

Last edited:
This. Also ofc prioritise destroying non-combat ships. But mostly preparstion is key. I was lucky in my one campaign the Scourge spawned next to a Fallen Empire and after 200 years they had barely grown, while I had almost run out of techs and had had the maximum forcelimit ships undocked for decades on end. I mean 750k is simply gargantuan, but you should be able to take them out 'piecemeal'.

:(

I have been building ships for a long time, but very often I was low on minerals, and they kept being destroyed in the wars I was in

I don't know if I have a save file from before then, but I'm very unmotivated to even bother

what a pain

Well, I understand your annoyance, but I like that end-game crisis are really strong (they were pretty wimpy in the early release, in fact, and were pretty anti-climactic), so you can finish on a high note.
I'd tell you to change your planets so they can produce more minerals and less energy if you have too little of the first and too much of the latter, but then I remember that unmodded games have to endure the sector debacle and can't just adjust like that. Bleh.

Having the Prethoryn right next to you is definitely a bummer, but it isn't necessarily the end of the game.

Well, I understand your annoyance, but I like that end-game crisis are really strong (they were pretty wimpy in the early release, in fact, and were pretty anti-climactic), so you can finish on a high note.
I'd tell you to change your planets so they can produce more minerals and less energy if you have too little of the first and too much of the latter, but then I remember that unmodded games have to endure the sector debacle and can't just adjust like that. Bleh.
I did do a lot of management to get more minerals, but too little too late I guess

I agree end-game crisis should be strong, but not imossible, you know?
Like, the scourge had tens of fleets larger than my entire supply of ships at any point in the game, and I had the biggest navy :/

Btw, when is the end date?

As far as I know, there isn't one, but the game is likely to be over for most purposes by 2600.

I did do a lot of management to get more minerals, but too little too late I guess

Like, the scourge had tens of fleets larger than my entire supply of ships at any point in the game, and I had the biggest navy :/

All end game crises have glaring weaknesses, for the scourge it is a combination of missile/strike craft defence (point defence, flak batteries and fighters) and amror ignoring weapons that make them a joke. fleet combat values are not that meaningful in the context end game crises. (for unbidden you need weapons with high tracking).

however i do agree that the crises are badly balanced because they don't follow an internal economy/gameplay logic (they just get some free fleets), which means that they don't scale well to the galaxy settings, they can be way too powerful or too weak. also the game could do a better job with signalling how to adjust with the crisis, e.g. when they show up there could be some extra research options that tell you how to adjust your ship layouts etc.

in general i really like the new patch. the war in heaven mechanic is really great and far better suited to be an endgame crisis. fallen empire ships are far more dangerous than the various crisis and the mechanic tends to drag the whole galaxy into war and shakes up the game much better than any crisis.

I have made my first stance against a leviathan in Stallaris.

Spoiler battle against the dread :

The Cinn launch a assault on an automated dreadnought.

After a grand battle the dreadnought fell before the Guardian Fleet, commanded by Sabbiva uvi-Doglavv.

We were able, with a construction crew, to restore the mighty dreadnought, allowing us access to a most awesome weapon.

I snagged the expansion pack. I’m really enjoying it. I think it adds a lot to the game. I haven’t seen Fallen Empires wake up yet, but that should be interesting to see. The additions of the new enclaves and the new space monster behavior are welcome.

As I understand the patch notes, there will be limited firing arcs for at least some weapons. I’m curious how this will affect battles. I’m pleased that Stellaris is uncommon bird in Paradox games as tactical combat can actually matter, you can launch flanking attacks against enemies and such. I’m hoping that the fire arc change and future changes will make the tactical game more interesting.

What do people think of moving from the wheel of planets to the three columns?

I have, however, noticed that the game seems to run slower following the patch & expansion pack. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

The increase in planetary types is all good, as far as I am concerned. The columns make much more sense too.

Btw, when is the end date?
Sometimes it is better to fight smart than to fight hard.

The Scourge and Extra-dimensional Invaders are really powerful, but they are also sort of one-dimensional in their fleet designs. You can take advantage of that fact. The Scourge uses strike craft and missile like weapons heavily and it does not have shields on its ships. Loading up ships with point defense weapons, fighters (and bombers), and long-range armor piercing weapons can make a fleet very effective against the Scourge. If you can batter its fleets with long-range weapons and then escape jump away when your ships come within range of the enemy’s weapons, you can launch successive hit and run attacks that will, over the course of several engagements, allow you to destroy fleets significantly more powerful than your own. (That said, the changes in 1.3 might make a hit and run strategy less effective)

No end date, as far as I know.

The Cinn may have come across their night...

Spoiler my nemesis and I :

Why should be sure your ready before facing a Awakened Empire.

1.3 and leviathans have certainly renewed my interest in stellaris.

Currently in the early mid stages of a game that I might even through to a crisis!

Finally got the uplift tech so I'm about to uplift some penis shaped mushrooms into my empire. Classic.

During a new walk-through as the Terrans (yes I am playing as boring humans) I have come across a commune of space artists.
Spoiler space artists :

Sadly I do not have the funds to commission a artwork, nor become a patron but they appear to be quite interesting.

i found the enclaves to be a bit boring, as they are basically just stat buffs:

science enclave:
-sells starcharts (imho worthless)
-gives an empire wide research boost (good but jsut a boring buff)
-sells scientist leader (you can have one at a time, he grants 15% research bonus)

resource enclave:
-you can trade minerals for energy and vice versa
-you can buy a unique strategic resource

art enclave:
-sells art commission (you can construct one art building per commission, which is a planetary unique that boost happiness)
-can buff your whole empire with a happiness bonus

The Curators also sell lore related to the Guardians and other mysteries of the galaxy. Which is a bit interesting.

What would you want to make enclaves more interesting?

Top Bottom