IOT Map Thread Mk. 3

I made another map:

World 1900

- Siam should have Laos west of the Mekong, northwestern Cambodia, Perlis, Kedah, Kelantan, and Terangganu, those wouldn't be ceded to Britain/France until later in the decade.
- The Boer Wars wouldn't have been resolved yet, nor the American-Philippines War, and there are parts of the East Indies that would still have been effectively out of Dutch control
- The French and Spanish protectorates in Morocco wouldn't exist until 1912
- The French and Portuguese possessions in India are missing.
- The Comoros would be all French at this time
- Zanzibar should be British
- Lake Volta wouldn't have existed :p

Speaking of which, I also have a 1900 world map, but it's based on Victoria 2 borders:

Spoiler :

I also have Victoria 2-based maps for every year between 1899 and 2016, as well as 1890, 1880 and 1870, though the 19th Century ones are mostly likely a bit inaccurate.

- Siam should have Laos west of the Mekong, northwestern Cambodia, Perlis, Kedah, Kelantan, and Terangganu, those wouldn't be ceded to Britain/France until later in the decade.

Which year are these ceded?

there are parts of the East Indies that would still have been effectively out of Dutch control

Which parts?

- The Boer Wars wouldn't have been resolved yet, nor the American-Philippines War, and there are parts of the East Indies that would still have been effectively out of Dutch control
- The French and Spanish protectorates in Morocco wouldn't exist until 1912
- The French and Portuguese possessions in India are missing.
- The Comoros would be all French at this time
- Zanzibar should be British
- Lake Volta wouldn't have existed :p

World 1900 (revised)

Fixed Siam (used this map), removed French/Spanish protectorates over Morocco, added French/Portuguese possessions in India, gave Comoros to France, Zanzibar to Britain and removed Lake Volta.

... I also added all of the major Chinese treaty ports and replaced Lake Chad and the Aral Sea with historical sea borders.

I opted not to represent the Boer/Philippine situations or the parts of Indonesia the Dutch didn't have control over. Someone else can amend my map if they like to portray those places.

For posterity's sake, here are all the fantasy maps I've bashed out.

Fallen Star (2014-15, ran and completed on The Frontier)
Spoiler :
Regular Map
Spoiler :

End State
Spoiler :

Plain
Spoiler :

The World Becomes Ours (2015, ran and died on CFC)
Spoiler :
Blank
Spoiler :
Climate
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Sellswords (2016, rand and died on CFC)
Spoiler :
Regular Map
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Plain
Spoiler :
Heirs to Heaven (2016, ran and completed on CFC)
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Terrain
Spoiler :
Blank
Spoiler :
Unused Maps
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Have an idea for the first unused one

A colonization-themed game where players all start on one province in the archipelago and the mainland is all up for grabs

For posterity's sake, here are all the fantasy maps I've bashed out.

Fallen Star (2014-15, ran and completed on The Frontier)
Spoiler :
Regular Map
Spoiler :

End State
Spoiler :

Plain
Spoiler :

The World Becomes Ours (2015, ran and died on CFC)
Spoiler :
Blank
Spoiler :
Climate
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Sellswords (2016, rand and died on CFC)
Spoiler :
Regular Map
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Plain
Spoiler :
Heirs to Heaven (2016, ran and completed on CFC)
Spoiler :
End State
Spoiler :
Terrain
Spoiler :
Blank
Spoiler :
Unused Maps
Spoiler :

The found memories of Fallen Star are coming back. :)

I look forward to your next work.

Subbed.

I noticed while dicking around that the CK2 map in the front page doesn't account for a more recent update that added the Tarim Basin and other bits of northeast-central Asia to the map. This is the newest one:

Spoiler :

You are a monster.

Due to multiple private requests for a river overlay on my Robinson projection maps, here is what I have from my files:

Robinson With Rivers

Note that these rivers are frequently incomplete (don't get to the ocean) or in some cases nonexistent because of how I made the map. So it isn't particularly pretty - but it is functional if you just want to know major river locations for map-making purposes.

Top Bottom