What's your rarest Steam Civ5 Achievement?

I could definitely rack up rare achievements with the scenarios, but I don't enjoy playing them. It always feels like I'm trying to read "War and Peace" from a randomly thumbed page - frustrating!

I've set up a few games this week just to get missing achievements. "Enemy Blade No More", "From Russia With Love", and a few more.

Playing a Denmark game on ice age map to get the biathlon achievement, and it didn't trigger when I sent 3 ski infantries up to the arctic to kill barbs. Did some quick googling because that sounded familiar. Turns out, you have to disable quick movement in the game options. I never would have figured that out. Changed the setting, played another turn, and the achievement unlocked. Now just one more AI to exterminate to finish the game. (Casimir built the Great Wall and then didn't think he needed a military even though all Poland's cities were coastal :rolleyes: )

Woo hoo! After sitting at 285 out of 286 achievements on CiV for years, I decided to give one last go at getting the last one before Civ6 comes out and spent most of the weekend trying. Finally got that bugger!

Problem is I needed "Tear Down the Wall" and I rarely play Freedom, and for a long while played crowded maps with only Domination turned on.

Anyway, now time to consider deleting CiV and clear up some space for Civ VI!

I just got Tear Down that Wall last week. I was most impressed that I caused Germany to flip. I didn't think I'd ever get that one. I often choose Freedom because of my personal ideology, but I never seem to see the AI change course until last week. Couldn't be happier that Germany was the civ I got that on.

I recently topped my rarest achievement with "Vote for Pedro " - 0.7% achievement rate (won by scoring a diplomatic victory as Pedro II of Brazil) .

Love the Napoleon Dynamite reference. :)

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" at 0.3%
And do you know what's the craziest part? I actually honestly DID get it by accident. I didn't cheese any settings, I didn't get friends in multiplayer to help, and I wasn't even trying to get it. I just happened to be America, steal an Egyptian relic, and have a German archaeologist nearby. I should buy more lotto tickets!
"Rest in Gold Pieces" 20%
The only expansions I don't own for CiV are the map expansions and the Wonders of the Ancient world so I literally can't get that one.

This one OUGHT to be an achievement,"Celeburty Ricochet Rock Thrower"- getting 6 or more achievements in a single game; which I pulled off today, I don't know how rare they are, but here's the list :

1) Once and Future King

2) 12 Colonies Win

3) Can I Have Nukes ?

4) Celtic Thunder

5) Longest.Name.Ever.

6) Radio Free Europe

Numbers 5 and 6 were hard to do, but fun to get .

The most rare achievement I have is Grecian Formula (Win as Alexander in the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario) at 0.53%

The most common I don't have is Exterminate! Exterminate! (Win a domination victory) at 23%. I play as Babylon too much.

Top Bottom