Incredibly sluggish from the get go

awesoweh

Chieftain
Haven't played in a while, grabbed SVN build from a 'crime patch' thread and gave it a shot. Welp. It took roughly the same time to process the first turn as it usually does 300-400 turns in (v34 is the last one I played afaik), it was a completely new game/new setup. Not sure what exactly is the problem, tried to fiddle with bug menu settings and the vanilla ones to no avail. If save is required I can attach it later on (not home atm).

Any ideas what could it possibly be? Also, i'm using the steam version, but I had no issues with it prior to that.

Haven't played in a while, grabbed SVN build from a 'crime patch' thread and gave it a shot. Welp. It took roughly the same time to process the first turn as it usually does 300-400 turns in (v34 is the last one I played afaik), it was a completely new game/new setup. Not sure what exactly is the problem, tried to fiddle with bug menu settings and the vanilla ones to no avail. If save is required I can attach it later on (not home atm).

Any ideas what could it possibly be? Also, i'm using the steam version, but I had no issues with it prior to that.

Please explain what is, "it took roughly the same time to process the first turn as it usually does 300-400 turns in (v34...". Be a bit more specific please. 1 minute to play turn 1? 2 minutes? what?

Also What Map used, what size Map, number of AI, Game Speed, Difficulty level, Options used at Game set up. These are all vital details. Without a save game and much more detail all we can do is guess and ask for more info.

JosEPh

Lol the loading times between turns since first turn to 2600 turns later has been 2-4 minutes always. But that's because my computer sucks. XD

Top Bottom