C2C SVN Changelog

That's what you said you wanted and was leaving it up to me.
True, but allow me to suggest some alternative methodology and reasonings.

It was not adding a Building per se but rather this:
Code:
<BuildingProductionModifierType>
                   <BuildingType>BUILDING_COMMUNITY_DISCUSSION</BuildingType>
                   <iBuildingProductionModifier>100</iBuildingProductionModifier>
           </BuildingProductionModifierType>
The 2nd was Cave Painting.
Probably will not help because they won't choose to select to build it in their AI. :(

I also gave the Barbarian trait this:
Code:
<CommerceModifiers>
               <iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
               <iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
               <iCommerce>1</iCommerce>
               <iCommerce>10</iCommerce>
           </CommerceModifiers>
This is going to give each city +1 culture per round so that will at least help them catch up - they also get +10 espionage per round? Interesting... I wonder if that was already there like that?
And it did not break anything.
No... not suggesting it did... try not to be defensive. I just wanted to check it out.
If you want them to get an initial seed amount of culture to help speed them up to getting the 2nd rung faster (they don't have anything BUT this so that would be pretty slow on longer gamespeeds) without them getting 2nd and 3rd rungs too quickly, you can also give the trait: <iCityStartCulture>5</iCityStartCulture> or some other value in there. I'm not sure that it adjusts for game speed... probably should be programmed to if it doesn't so I'd set it to what you want it to work like for Normal speed and I'll eventually review the scaling factor on that tag.

Not being defensive, just saying I tested it before I committed it. Not unlike the whole Seafaring hubbub.

JosEPh

• Some more animal stories

• Some of TrippedOnAClouds amendments - Volcanoes, XML, Crusaders

• Fix for best hunter Event

• Zebra and Bison Standards are now not great wonders
  • Merged Sharks and Penguins into core

• Some more animal stories etc.

Last edited:
NOTICE TO ALL
My next commit will break savegames. I've been asked to issue a warning. I have no idea how far out we are from the date I will be making this commit. It could be tomorrow. It could be 3 weeks from now. Just depends on how fast certain tasks and challenges are accomplished. I THINK I'm on the downward slope on this project and that means it's any day now.

First commit, hopefully I didn't manage to break anything. Just a bunch of small XML fixes and such.

• Added Lake/Lake Shore to Coral/Reef and their beacon/lighthouse versions' terrains. Should allow Lake Beacons/Lighthouses to upgrade their terrain features correctly.
  • Text fixes for Ahmad ibn Majid (Great Admiral) and Vercingetorix (Hero).
  • Added Tundra to terrains for Svalbard Global Seed Vault wonder.
  • Changed prerequisites for Statue of Champion National Wonder to Arena or Colosseum or Flavian Amphitheatre.
  • Allowed Maize Caravan (Totonac Culture Unit) to hurry food, increased cost slightly, but added construction speed bonus with Corn.

• Major savegame breaking adjustment to the manner in which the separation of NPC players is established. Fixes a number of issues with them that exist. Some aspects of this still need some further testing to ensure all is running as intended but so far, after extensive testing, it seems correct.
  • Adopts some code fixes from the main PBEM game.

More needs to be done to solve the graphic problems with NPC cities but the last change does illuminate what the problem IS exactly. Unfortunately, it means that it's going to be a very long and boring and involved fix that spans python and DLL. So it might take me a little bit. And when I'm done... it breaks saves again. Take this as the official warning.

NEXT COMMIT will BREAK SAVES AGAIN.

• Fixes "BECON" typo, will partially break saves.
  • Allows various Heroes to settle as Great Admirals instead of or in addition to as Great Generals.
Seeing as T-bird broke saves, I went ahead and fixed all the "BECON" with "BEACON" typos. I also did a pass through the heroes currently available for naval-related heroes, allowing those that qualify to settle as Great Admirals. Might not be 100% complete or accurate yet, but it's a start.

• Fixes "BECON" typo, will partially break saves.
  • Allows various Heroes to settle as Great Admirals instead of or in addition to as Great Generals.
Seeing as T-bird broke saves, I went ahead and fixed all the "BECON" with "BEACON" typos. I also did a pass through the heroes currently available for naval-related heroes, allowing those that qualify to settle as Great Admirals. Might not be 100% complete or accurate yet, but it's a start.
Good job bro!

• Fixes more problems with the NPC split. Does so with new defines, MAX_PC_PLAYERS and MAX_PC_TEAMS, that should be used almost everywhere MAX_CIV_PLAYERS and MAX_CIV_TEAMS would normally be used. This allows us to fake out the .EXE where it was necessary to, while leaving the control to define the difference between PC and NPC players in the code as we need it defined properly.

This breaks saves again. But in all honesty, this is officially how the setup should've been in the first place. It just took some time and evaluation to realize it.

• A few bugfixes and corrections to Neanderthal Cities. Allows us to make the option available again without expecting it to cause serious problems down the line. The above noted item corrects the city bar on Neanderthal cities as well.

• Yet more animal Myths and Story buildings mostly for sea critters.

• Initial set of Merchant promotions for land and sea Trade units.

• Minor religion tweaks for Nagi and Yoruba to do with dependencies with other Buildings.

• Minor changes to some of the changes to the Toy/Pottery/Beads etc lines of buildings.

• Similar minor changes to the funeral buildings.
  • Add two new merchant promotions "Circle the Wagons" for land units and "Shallow Draft" for ships

• Fix some of the merchant promotion buttons
edit I forgot the actual properties for the "Shallow Draft", and I forgot to update some of the button names in the XML so expect some fixes to my fixes soon - blasted Spring and antihistamines.

Last edited:
- three new Neanderthal units: stone thrower, brute and wanderer.

• Fixes Neanderthal issues.
  • Turns most combat animations back on.

Notes: I'm not 100% sure that combat animations won't display crash bugs any less now than they used to but extensive testing has not yet found a crash there and the current theory is that the fix to the NPC indexes may have repaired the underlying problem in combat animations as well. Quite likely did. I now need the community to playtest with combat animations on (turn quick combats off please) and let me know if you can find a crash.

Some confirmation that the Neanderthal Cities and units are working properly would be good as well. I'm doing further playtesting now anyhow.

We're starting to look good here and I think we may be on the course to see a v37 release soon. I do have a list of things to do further but I'm starting to really like what we have here. Playtesting shows that the beginning of the game is a ruthless slog and I love it! Yes, Jaguars on the full combat mods are a true problem but I was able to overcome it with wood spearmen. Looks like if you can clear out the predators in an area, which may still need to spawn a LITTLE less often, you can start really benefiting from easy street hunting (if Peace Among NPCs isn't on) and that's a really nice feeling once you achieve that. More game goals and objectives than ever before exist now. Also finding aside from some odd successful efforts to do some far out exploration, I'm finding this 'kill the predators so you can get a safer hunting ground' challenge is keeping my hunters much closer to home, as I had hoped it would. This leaves scouts and exiles to be those that stretch out to explore further and again, entirely what I was hoping it would end up being like. Very cool.

• Fixes Neanderthal culture text
  • Fixes Alpha Channels on Merchant promo buttons
  • Adjusts animal AI so that they are a little more likely to attack
  • Adds Domain considerations to promotion access lists for units in the pedia display
  • Fixes a text error in the Animal Ignores Borders promo tag

I reported it to T-brd and he's working on it.

JosEPh

Top Bottom