Trade: Show me the caravan's PREVIOUS route... sheesh!

When you have 12+ routes it is hard to remember them all.
Speaking of trade routes, did anyone else end up sending all of their trade units to the one and same destination city?

I sent almost all of mine to aachen because it offered decent gold, with some science and culture thrown on top for good measure, other cities could not really compare. The trade posts makes trade routes go all over the map, so they can all go to that one good trade city. Also no incentive to do naval trade anymore because they don't give more yields/distance. This makes navies and naval civs less useful than they could be (and was in civ 5)

There is olso no overvieuw of trade routeslike in civ 5 what has the most gold. science and so on

so send it to a city and then you can see what available

I don't see anything wrong with the system. You always have the fallback option of just connecting your own cities if no other route seems safe enough.

Other than that the system encourages making decisions and has some risk-reward-scenarios. You're not supposed to just blindly click the trade route with the highest yield.

True, but what else would the Interface do? I can't really think of a way to easily illustrate the creation of trading posts, diplo modifiers, "security" of the route, etc.

True, but what else would the Interface do? I can't really think of a way to easily illustrate the creation of trading posts, diplo modifiers, "security" of the route, etc.

It gives a list of available routes plus distance. If a trade route expires the Trade Route screen centers on where you sent your previous trade. If you don't like that route anymore or want to check for a better one, you can scroll up/down. (I'm sure you can guess yourself that the farther away the trade the unsafer it might get. There's no way to 'calculate' that though. It's your choice.)

Top Bottom