Meet the Modders

Well, I have raised a son, am working on the book (actually books), but still need to do something about that tree.

Ater replying to a post today, I realized that my avatar was a little too old... So I updated a new one with a more recent picture.

Indeed, I've spent some time in the French Air Force. But it was only 10 months, during my military service (it was mandatory at the time). And I did one month boot camp, and later I was detached to the French Civil Aviation University to help them programming a software for aeronautical procedure design. So I wouldn't consider myself a veteran!

It was a good experience for me, since I'm still working on the same software, 20 years later.

By the way, I updated the "history of the Steph", 3rd post in this thread. It was 7 years old!

Last edited:
Oh, I've something new too: Almost to the hour 950 years after the Battle of Hastings, our first son, Falk William, was born. Wife and child are fine, and we all are tired and happy. I've been with my wife all the time and even though you experienced the wonder of birth, it's still incredible to hold that little human being in your arms.
This is wonderful, joyous news!

Every Best Wish To You And Yours,
Oz

Congrats Ares on the birth of your son. Parenthood is the most difficult yet satisfying journey you will ever take!

I've been away for awhile. I've essentially dropped modding and for the most part even playing, dedicating my time this year to writing. My first story was already published, the next two have already been accepted and I have a ton more on the way.

The main series I will publish eventually is Destiny Reborn. This will tell the tale the mod was intended to, only I'll be able to do so in much more detail.

I hope everyone is doing well - have I missed anything?

Long time gamer. Started with board wargames back in the.....something starting with 7 and ending in ies :rolleyes:
Eventually moved on to PC strategy/wargames. Warcraft I really impressed me back then. It was the beginning of all those types of games that came after like Age of Empires, Cossacks, etc.
These last years been playing Napoleon/Empire Total War a lot. Hate how the saga progressed after that with RTW II where I find the maps wishy washy, and the options overly complicated.
As for personal, well, have a few careers under my belt, including several years as a Cobol (sic) programmer....
Now I have more free time and right now I am totally inmersed/overwhelmed with my scenario for CIV III; I got more than I bargained for with this but now I can really appreciate thankfully the merits of all the modders here, and the amount of work they've put into it better.
Located in Madrid-Spain but am half Canadian.

Steph's a black belt, Timerover's a father-in-law, and Ares is a dad. Congratulations to all of you!

Welcome, Thrust, and look forward to seeing your Sudan game when it's ready.

I hope everyone is doing well - have I missed anything?

Did you miss the sandcrawler?

Hi everyone! During the decade(!) I've spent away from Civ 3, I've become a father of 4 children (3 boys and a little princess). I graduated in 2010 and since then I've been working as a teacher. Just started my fourth year as a history teacher, which was my major in university as well.

Never got into Civilization after III. I did buy IV and V from Steam sales but never really played them. :D

I had almost forgotten about Civ modding, but then the subject came up in a discussion and my kids started asking stuff like "did you make mods?!". They've played tons of Minecraft mods so the concept is familiar. I had to dig up the old Pelit-magazine where Master of Myrror was reviewed and it was fun seeing my oldest one's eyes' widening when he read my name there. Tried looking for MoM files, but looks like I haven't saved them. Luckily a friendly forum user promised to upload them for me. :)

Nice to see that many people have stuck with the community or at least pop in to say hi.

Steph's a black belt, Timerover's a father-in-law, and Ares is a dad. Congratulations to all of you!

Welcome, Thrust, and look forward to seeing your Sudan game when it's ready.

Did you miss the sandcrawler?

Hey, i have a new book out, and am by now a respected author :o

Surely counts more than just having a child? Hmm

Yeah it's kinda weird when an old guy from days pasts pops up out of nowhere.

Hi everyone! During the decade(!) I've spent away from Civ 3, I've become a father of 4 children (3 boys and a little princess). I graduated in 2010 and since then I've been working as a teacher. Just started my fourth year as a history teacher, which was my major in university as well.

Never got into Civilization after III. I did buy IV and V from Steam sales but never really played them. :D

I had almost forgotten about Civ modding, but then the subject came up in a discussion and my kids started asking stuff like "did you make mods?!". They've played tons of Minecraft mods so the concept is familiar. I had to dig up the old Pelit-magazine where Master of Myrror was reviewed and it was fun seeing my oldest one's eyes' widening when he read my name there. Tried looking for MoM files, but looks like I haven't saved them. Luckily a friendly forum user promised to upload them for me. :)

Nice to see that many people have stuck with the community or at least pop in to say hi.

Greetings, Drift, and welcome back. Always nice to see a fellow teacher here, and especially one who teaches history. In the class I teach on World War 2, we made very sure that the students heard all about the Winter War in 1939-40.

Well played, now we just need a cameo from Kinboat and my nostalgia trip will be complete.

Hey, are you still in Ohio? There are rumors of a possible meet-up. It might involve beer.

Yes, but I'm on the wrong end of Ohio.

Congratulations on the new son, Ares!

It's been just over a year since my last update here. Still living in the same place, and working at the same company, but working on a more interesting team with a more interesting project using more interesting technology now, so an all-around improvement. It's my favorite job since graduating college. I've also added one U.S. state and zero countries to my travel map in that time - not enough to warrant updating the map yet.

Goldflash, which wrong side of Ohio are you on? If it's NW, Toledo-ish, maybe a NE Indiana (Fort Wayne? Terre Haute?) meetup from Chicago/Toledo/Columbus might work sometime. If it's NE, perhaps an eastern Ohio one might work from Cleveland/Columbus/Athens. There may be possibilities, there seem to be a lot of Ohioans in Civ3! IIRC there's also at least one Civ3/former Civ3 member from Delaware, OH - I want to say @Dumanios but could be wrong about that.

Last edited:
I've added a few countries to my travel. Some old ones visited again last year (Mexico, Senegal, the Philippines), and some new ones (Peru, Colombia, Argentina, El Salvador), and soon Honduras, with a stop in Atlanta

I understand only those modders in the US may understand that following statement, but for those not in the US, no one has been able to make the following statement for 108 years, since 1916.

THE CHICAGO CUBS HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES.

I can now die content.:woohoo::woohoo::banana::banana:[party][party]

Top Bottom