Caveman 2 Cosmos

Oh, gee, thanks a lot! I already had that from Steam.
No... you don't. The steam 3.19 patch is a little 'off'. You'll still need to install, manually, the 3.19 patch found here.

Steam's installation is something I've never had to struggle with personally but I know others had so I would've answered you but I'm not sure how it's supposed to go for steam. I do know that in most cases when the mod is applied with steam it does a strange thing where it places the Caveman2Cosmos folder within another Caveman2Cosmos folder within the mods folder and that causes a problem of course.

Can I have another opinion? Preferably from someone who has the Steam version?

Just install the 3.19 version and be done with it.The absolute worst thing that can happen is that you have to re-verify your files with Steam.

Oh, gee, thanks a lot! I already had that from Steam.
[/sarcasm]

I took a look at the file old Rise of Mankind readme.html. There are the instructions! Why couldn't those be in the README.txt or in the Caveman 2 Cosmos (editing readme).*? Anyway in my case Caveman2Cosmos goes to folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

At first I had it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods which left me scratching my head for a while. Now one more turn...

If you have it working then play it. Cause if you got the v36 Official version from ModDb then there is no longer any real support for that version. And Steam should have enough players of Civ IV BtS Caveman2Cosmos to give you help on Steam for the Steam version.

But If you want a more Up To date version see the v36 Crime Patch Thread. It has a Full Pre-v37 Version available.

And no I don't use Steam either.

JosEPh

Hello Everyone, sorry for me english

Firstly i want to thanks developers of this mod. In my opinion this mod makes the best strategy turn game of all. I played since HoMM 2 so i know what i'm writing :)

I have problem and maybe someone can help me. I play on the bigest map on real time, 2 or 3 years from time to time on one map !!!, and everything starts to going bad.

Now is 1903BC and i'm the second of the list, i have 58 cities i play on continent. I have problem with sioux because they have 1062 Points and i have only 946 rest players are weak (600,500,450 points...), Sioux has also more technologies:

vassalage, horse breading, machinery, insurance, floristry, mosaic working. I can't see them because they are on different continent.

Why i'm writing this ??? Because this mod has a lot of issues, i spend many many hours to win this map and see all content of this mod and I'm affraid Sioux is going to be better and better and when they discover

technology which give them ability to across see they will destroy me. You can think, why don't just save game and see what's happen ?? No because waiting for next turn sometimes i must wait 5-15 minutes and after 5-10

turns game crash. it's really frustrating when you forgot about save game. So i don't want play next year and after that be destroyed. I'm not so bad player but i don't know what to do or what i'm doing wrong.

It will be very nice if someone can look my save game and give me some tips. Actually i don't play C2C because of that. I'm wonder to start again on other map but i spend to many time on that one.

Please help. Once again thanks for makeing the best turn strategy game

Hello Everyone, sorry for me english

Firstly i want to thanks developers of this mod. In my opinion this mod makes the best strategy turn game of all. I played since HoMM 2 so i know what i'm writing :)

I have problem and maybe someone can help me. I play on the bigest map on real time, 2 or 3 years from time to time on one map !!!, and everything starts to going bad.

Now is 1903BC and i'm the second of the list, i have 58 cities i play on continent. I have problem with sioux because they have 1062 Points and i have only 946 rest players are weak (600,500,450 points...), Sioux has also more technologies:

vassalage, horse breading, machinery, insurance, floristry, mosaic working. I can't see them because they are on different continent.

Why i'm writing this ??? Because this mod has a lot of issues, i spend many many hours to win this map and see all content of this mod and I'm affraid Sioux is going to be better and better and when they discover

technology which give them ability to across see they will destroy me. You can think, why don't just save game and see what's happen ?? No because waiting for next turn sometimes i must wait 5-15 minutes and after 5-10

turns game crash. it's really frustrating when you forgot about save game. So i don't want play next year and after that be destroyed. I'm not so bad player but i don't know what to do or what i'm doing wrong.

It will be very nice if someone can look my save game and give me some tips. Actually i don't play C2C because of that. I'm wonder to start again on other map but i spend to many time on that one.

Please help. Once again thanks for makeing the best turn strategy game
It sounds like you aren't playing on a more recent version where things have been improved along those lines. I'd suggest starting a new game in a week or so after my next SVN update. You won't have turn times like that.

It sounds like you aren't playing on a more recent version where things have been improved along those lines. I'd suggest starting a new game in a week or so after my next SVN update. You won't have turn times like that.
Agreed on turn times, they have improved 10 fold . . . What used to take 10 minutes is down to 3 minutes, and what used to be 5 minutes is down to 1.3 minutes . . so TB has improved the turn times lately far better than it used to be . .. I am now able to play on a decent Huge map with starting 10 civs, finally . . .

Yeah, but i lose many hundreds hours of play on my current map (eternity time) when i start with new one :(((. I play on a version v35 upgraded in game to version v36. Despite those crash issues i want play further because current map is so cool, but i'm doing something wrong and I'am second of the list. I can't find any good guide how to play even on youtube. Youtubers don't show everything how to play because this game is just simple to long :)

So if anyone has v36 versions and want to help me please let me know :)

I have 3 question as well:

1) it will be possible to improve v36 to next version like was in v35-v36 case, i just want play on the same map...

2) what about animals ? when i subdue, they will be back automaticly to nearest city like on my current map ? ( it's weird because when i catch animal on new map {v36} they don't back to the nearest city it's piss me off )

3) Will you add Poland to game ( i think it's possible to add but i don't know how )

2) what about animals ? when i subdue, they will be back automaticly to nearest city like on my current map ? ( it's weird because when i catch animal on new map {v36} they don't back to the nearest city it's piss me off )
This is by design. They start teleporting back to cities after Sedentary Lifestyle. However there is an option that you can set to always have them teleport back.

Both Poland and Finland are in Sparth's CivsMegapack found in the ModMods forum.

Yeah, but i lose many hundreds hours of play on my current map (eternity time) when i start with new one :(((. I play on a version v35 upgraded in game to version v36. Despite those crash issues i want play further because current map is so cool, but i'm doing something wrong and I'am second of the list.
Not necessarily a sign that you're doing something wrong. There's a lot of strategies and we've designed the mod for players that would really enjoy the act of discovery of strategic potential. I don't want to even try to tell you how to play every aspect of this game but if you are looking for specific tips I'm sure many voices here would quickly enjoy the discussion on how to go about that aspect or this aspect of the game. You'll find that even among the best and brightest and most accomplished players there are dramatic disagreements on the 'right' way to approach an issue.

As for the whole thing about starting over, I get it. But we've broken savegames now so there's very little that can be done to improve the game you're playing. Old saves can't be loaded on the most recent assets. And we're breaking them again soon, and probably again after that rather soon as well.

Thanks for answer :)

I will start on new map when you realese next SVN, or better wait till V37 ?

I'm asking because i want play on eternity mode on biggest map, so it will be long long play :) I want finaly finish this game and see full content ( or almost :) ) of this awesome MOD

If I have some question how to play or I need advice I will ask on froum.

Can someone explain me the symbols on this screenshot please?
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

Are those symbols explained in civilopedia/sevopedia?

I will start on new map when you realese next SVN, or better wait till V37 ?
There's probably more save breaks to come after the next release, but I'm hoping that the game is at least going to be at a peak of stability after the next one. We're going pretty good with stability now, but knowing I'm close to having some current problems solved it's hard to want to say to start a new long game just before the fix comes in and breaks saves (which will then mean that I would not be able to help you if you suffer any crashes or major bugs during that game.) BEST would be to wait for v37 but that could still be a month or two out I think.

Those are properties. I believe properties are covered in the pedia.

View attachment 456410

Are those symbols explained in civilopedia/sevopedia?
I don't see it (properties) in index page...
They are in the concepts page I think. In you image they are "Air Pollution", "Disease", "Water Pollution" and "Crime". Those four spread out from a source like a city into the nearby plots. Two other properties are "Flammability" and "Tourism" don't spread.

Top Bottom