LK155 - CCM, Maya

Go ahead Joe - you set was short, so go ahead and finish it up.

We are now a Republic.

I have Chichen Itza workers on food for growth. They could be moved into the forest to produce Ancient Cavalry every 2 turns.
There is a settler in Chichen Itza ready to travel.

The stack of Workers by Siege Workshop just finished a mine and are ready for their next job.

400AD:
Before Revolt:
Army Allowed Units: 38 of 69

Gross Income 167
Entertainment - 44 (30%)
Corruption - 6
Unit Cost - 62
To other civs - 10
Net Income 45

We revolt into Republic and hire a scientist in Tikal.

425AD: Looks like France is at war with Carthage.
Tikal fires a scientist. Yaxchilian hires a scientist.

450AD: The revolution end and we are now a Republic.

After Revolt:
Army Allowed Units: 25 of 71 (auto built worker and chariot)

Gross Income 230
Entertainment - 40 (20%)
Corruption - 6
Unit Cost -184
To other civs - 10
Net Income - 10

Yaxchilian fires a scientist. Uxmal hires a scientist.

475AD: Our Enslaver kills a Dutch Catapult (1,0)

500AD: (See comments at beginning of post.)

Here is the Save:

Attachments

• LK155-500 AD.SAV
    992.6 KB · Views: 137
I am not impressed by republic so far. It looks like we badly need to grow our cities up to justify it.
Is it time to disband some warriors, if we have some we don't need for unit protection?

ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up)
Northern Pike (on deck)

In about 8 turns When we found our next city (close to the blue dot) it will start generating 17 or 18 gpt (mostly from reduced troop cost of 12 gpt).
Right now, if we hire some clowns and tax collectors, we could drop the luxury tax to 10% and would be losing 1 gpt.
We might consider disbanding Regular Horseman as we build Veteran Ancient Cavalry.

WTF? None of our troops have been moved for this turn :nono:

MM Worker Housing for growth
Look at Chichen Itza; we can get 2-turn A-Cavs there, but that will hurt our gpt too much. I keep it focused on growth.
Similarly, I set Siege Workshop to grow in 1 turn.
In Tikal, I want to build something other than wealth, except for our critical budget situation. I do move our scientist there, though.
Tradewise, I see that we're sending France 10gpt for 16 turns, and we're getting Silks for another 14 turns from Carthage.

I disband four Warriors to try to help the budget. we're "up" to -17 gpt. Six turns to bankruptcy!

I misclicked the Horsemen, so I couldn't disband them this turn :(

525AD-

I disband those two Horsemen; we're now +1gpt! Growth in Siege Workshop helped a lot.

Priest converts a Dutch Worker :D
Unfortunately, that reveals an Enslaver one tile away. We might lose a unit on the IBT...

Dutch Enslaver kills our Enslaver.
Fortunately, we get a new one (and a new Priest) from the relevant cities.
Jerusalem completes Jewish Worldreligion.

550AD-

Uxmal is cranky - I switch citizens to coastal tiles to get enough happy faces from the lux slider.

575AD-

Just moving troops...

600AD-

More troop movements. I'm moving a worker stack towards blue dot...

625AD-

One of our exploring Merchant Ships finds that Carthage owns Nantes on a tundra island. Things are not harmonious halfway around the world.

Chichen Itza gets a Chariot

650AD-

We lose a JT trying to cut down a Dutch Enslaver. A second one makes him retreat, and a third kills him. No Worker :\

Canada made a very nice blunder by bringing two Workers into view near Ottawa and Yaxchilan. An Enslaver captures one of them for us :)

Our covering JT gets hit by an Enslaver; so does our Enslaver. They both die. Not quite as nice of a trade as I'd hoped.

675AD-

The Settler gets into position.

Netherlands BOOTS US! :eek:

Carthage is building Kaaba.

700AD-

Lagartero founded at the blue dot as discussed (sugar, mountain, and oasis in the BFC) We're up to +26 gpt! :D

Religion > Monarchy
Bonampak completes Granary
Yaxchilan completes Temple

725AD-

We have nearly 30 units mustered near the Dutch border, but I don't think it's quite enough. They have a stack of 10-12 Chariots in the mountains that will come thundering down at our stack as soon as we declare. Another 4-5 defenders would help, I think.

France will give us both Monarchy and Dark Ages for Religion, 60gpt, and 173 gold (basically all we have). Or we can buy Monarchy for Religion + 17 gold.

Attachments

• LK155-725 AD.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 165
France will give us both Monarchy and Dark Ages for Religion, 60gpt, and 173 gold (basically all we have). Or we can buy Monarchy for Religion + 17 gold.
I vote Monarchy for Religion. I don't want to push our economy that badly.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Northern Pike (up)

I emphatically agree. We have +20gpt with 20% lux; buying both techs would beggar us.

Does anyone else have thoughts on timing for our Dutch war?

I haven't had a chance to look at the save yet, so I can't comment on whether we're ready for the Dutch war, but I've got it.

We are now a Republic.

I have Chichen Itza workers on food for growth. They could be moved into the forest to produce Ancient Cavalry every 2 turns.
There is a settler in Chichen Itza ready to travel.

The stack of Workers by Siege Workshop just finished a mine and are ready for their next job.

400AD:
Before Revolt:
Army Allowed Units: 38 of 69

Gross Income 167
Entertainment - 44 (30%)
Corruption - 6
Unit Cost - 62
To other civs - 10
Net Income 45

We revolt into Republic and hire a scientist in Tikal.

425AD: Looks like France is at war with Carthage.
Tikal fires a scientist. Yaxchilian hires a scientist.

450AD: The revolution end and we are now a Republic.

After Revolt:
Army Allowed Units: 25 of 71 (auto built worker and chariot)

Gross Income 230
Entertainment - 40 (20%)
Corruption - 6
Unit Cost -184
To other civs - 10
Net Income - 10

Yaxchilian fires a scientist. Uxmal hires a scientist.

475AD: Our Enslaver kills a Dutch Catapult (1,0)

500AD: (See comments at beginning of post.)

Here is the Save:

This is my second post after the move of CFC as I´m still not used to the new forum´s style, but this posting in my eyes is very interesting.
Governments are one of the most complicate features in modding Civ 3. In the list above one important fact in my eyes is missing: The number of population that gathers the income in the new form of government. The income of the new form of government is gathered by a decimated number of population due to the loss of population during Anarchy. So it´s mostly a good idea to have a granary in most cities of your civ, especially in your biggest cities, before changing to Republic so the loss in population can be compensated quickly and the new form of government can become fruitful as soon as possible.

This is my second post after the move of CFC as I´m still not used to the new forum´s style, but this posting in my eyes is very interesting.
Governments are one of the most complicate features in modding Civ 3. In the list above one important fact in my eyes is missing: The number of population that gathers the income in the new form of government. The income of the new form of government is gathered by a decimated number of population due to the loss of population during Anarchy. So it´s mostly a good idea to have a granary in most cities of your civ, especially in your biggest cities, before changing to Republic so the loss in population can be compensated quickly and the new form of government can become fruitful as soon as possible.
The larger cities do have granaries. Only the "younger"/smaller cities that have not had the time to finish building a granary lack one.

The Save

Attachments

• LK155-NP-1100AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
LK155 725-1100 AD (NP2-77)

725 (0): Strategically, the time has certainly come to attack the Dutch, since we're rated equal to them in strength and unit costs are crushing us (-204 gpt). OTOH, since we have to raze every enemy city and we can never take shelter in a Dutch town, which will leave our attack forces very vulnerable, it's preferable tactically to destroy the Dutch fast units outside Lagartero before we advance. So we'll have to wait a bit longer until Lagartero is properly developed for defense, with walls, a cultural expansion, and more roads.

We make the simpler trade of those discussed, just Religion and 17 gold to France for Monarchy.

Lagartero National Symbol (rushed) --> Stonehead.

750 (1): One of our priests defeats, but doesn`t convert, a wandering American chariot (1-0).

775 (2): Lagartero Stonehead (rushed) --> walls.

800 (3): We're attacked by two Canadian slavers in the west and a Dutch slaver in the east. We slay two and redline one (3-0).

825 (4): We ride down the remaining (Canadian) slaver (4-0).

Our southern exploring vessel meets the Mongols, but they're ahead of us in tech and no deals are available.

Uxmal aqueduct --> theatre.

850 (5): Our supply of silks runs out. We can't afford to renew it, and we can't afford to build any more units either, so we put most of our major cities onto wealth.

Lagartero gets a cultural expansion, so we'll be ready for war soon.

875 (6): We finish building our tactical road network around Lagartero.

Yaxchilán slavery --> theatre.

900 (7): After attempts to get the Dutch to declare on us predictably fail, we declare war on them and await them at Lagartero.

Bonampak slavery --> marketplace.

Lagartero walls (rushed) --> granary.

925 (8): Six Dutch chariots come into view just where we'd like to see them, though we won't attack until next turn.

950 (9): Eight Dutch chariots and four Dutch catapults have outrun their infantry cover around Lagartero--just what we wanted.

We expunge all twelve without loss (16-0).

The Vikings extort 21 gold from us.

Nineteen more Dutch units appear at Lagartero, in two stacks. One stack is covered by pikemen.

Uxmal theatre --> temple of the moon.

The Babylonians, unknown to us, build Philosopher's Stone, confirming that we're on the backward continent.

975 (10): We grind up a Dutch stack of four catapults, four archers, and three spearmen, losing two ancient cav (27-2).

Our southern exploring ship makes contact with the Inca, but as usual in this game we're too far behind for the contact to be any use.

The Dutch ask for peace, but they're not offering much yet.

1000 (11): We fell a Dutch stack of two pikemen, two longswordsmen, and two archers adjacent to Lagartero. We lose a cat and an AC and gain a slave (33-4).

We bastinado a second stack of four spearmen, two archers, and two warriors without loss, gaining a slave and a monk (41-4).

No new Dutch units appear at Lagartero. Only three are in sight now.

1025 (12): We mop up the three remaining Dutch units, but lose a Javelin Thrower and a chariot (44-6).

We're now listed as strong relative to the Dutch and they're clearly depleted, so we set up our advance on Utrecht.

Our Javelin Throwers go 1-1 against attacks on our advanced stack, and gain a worker (45-7).

1050 (13): On our march towards Utrecht we disembowel a Dutch slaver (46-7).

Some combat roading enables us to move a large stack into the hills two tiles from Utrecht (screenshot from next turn):

We lose a Javelin Thrower to the attack of a catapult (46-8).

Bonampak temple --> marketplace.

The French establish an embassy with us.

1075 (14): We have to knock a spearman and a warrior off a mountaintop to move our SoD adjacent to Utrecht, but we're able to do it without loss (48-8).

We wreck the catapult that defeated our JT, and also trample a spearman/warrior pair (51-8).

One of our JT's in an advanced position is cut down by a longswordsman (51-9).

Uxmal temple of the moon --> marketplace.

1100 (15): Utrecht is a walled town held by pikemen, albeit regulars, so the attack may be bloody if our catapults don't do a good job. Fortunately they batter three pikemen into mummy for only one loss to themselves, and then we root out two warriors to finish the job (56-10):

Top Bottom