Bug Reports and Technical Issues

With Varietas Delectat or without?

Okay, I've had the same issue reported in the past, I think it's related to how long your Civ4 installation path is (likely long with Steam) and Window's annoying limitation to file path lengths.

This might be the problem you are having? I've found that if I install the mod to somewhere like the desktop, there are no errors in the installation process, but when I move the files to the Steam BTS mods folder, I still get the same missing textures. Therefore, it is likely that the game can only access files from so many folders deep, if that makes sense.
I don't really know how to fix this though.

Yes, but it's not the number of folders, but the lengths of the paths. I could try to cut down on the lengths of some folder names, but that only gets you so far and is still dependent on the system setup of the user. I'd like to know which files are affected specifically before going through the work of changing all those folders.

I think perhaps this isn't a problem relevant to this thread, as I feel that if I worked out whether or not I could easily move where my Civ IV folder is located it would solve this issue... so more of a general Civ IV/Steam question.
Fixing it on your end would be quite a pain as dozens of units in the modern era, like tanks and such, especially seemed to have this problem, only, I've only ever gotten to using tanks in this mod a couple of times.

(edit) I only know they are missing because when I installed directly into the Bts mods folder I got an error message everytime something failed and it was mostly modern era units

That's true, but some stuff is needlessly long. E.g. I could imagine renaming the Varietas Delectat module to simply VD. That's an easy change that already saves like 10 letters.

I think perhaps this isn't a problem relevant to this thread, as I feel that if I worked out whether or not I could easily move where my Civ IV folder is located it would solve this issue... so more of a general Civ IV/Steam question.

You can change the folder where Steam installs Civ4. (Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders)

Okay, I know what the issue is here, not sure how to fix it yet. You can get around it by selecting a unit though.

Well. I found a workaround.
If the game blocks everything because of UHV, you have to open main menu using mouse (ESC key does not work).
Then save game.
Then reload.
Reloading cause pop-up to appear, and the game can close as usual.

Playing as byzantium. Accomplished the first goal, starting spending money hiring mercenaires and such, first goal now unchecked. Even though in 1000 ad I had past the required gold.

Playing as byzantium. Accomplished the first goal, starting spending money hiring mercenaires and such, first goal now unchecked. Even though in 1000 ad I had past the required gold.
Did you have logging enabled (as explained in the first post of this thread)? If so, can you upload PythonErr.log?

I don't know what is happening but mod is behaving weirdly when starting. There is three to four minutes(!) lag betwen starting it and beginning of loading. BtS process is running in task manager, but not application. This is both from shortcut and loading from game. Before re downloading main version I don't have this problem. Previously I downloaded 1.14 later patched it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's just because that the game files are no longer in packed in FPKs. Leoreth said that this new setup would increase loading times, but reduce overall memory usage and memory related crashes.

Yeah, that's probably the reason. You can try to assign a higher priority to the BtS process.

It's a trade off, but I think a faster and more robust ingame performance is worth the extra loading time.

Did you also see these messages during the game?

Shouldn't he free himself automatically ? Is it because he is a capitulated vassal ?
Sans titre43.png

Did you also see these messages during the game?
I can't remember. Almost sure not.
I was playing with Egyptians.
At 80AD Ortodoxy spread in a city of mine and i discovered Catholicism.
Normal game event.
At the end of the game i found those messages i posted.

Also a new python exception
Sans titre.png

Should I post bugs like this in the hrtechs thread or is it ok here ?

Shouldn't he free himself automatically ? Is it because he is a capitulated vassal ?
Breaking free as a capitulated vassal still requires a declaration of war, it could be that the AI is holding back from going to war for some reason.

I can't remember. Almost sure not.
I was playing with Egyptians.
At 80AD Ortodoxy spread in a city of mine and i discovered Catholicism.
Normal game event.
At the end of the game i found those messages i posted.
Okay, I know what is going on then.

Also a new python exception
Should I post bugs like this in the hrtechs thread or is it ok here ?
I'd prefer the hrtechs thread to keep things separate, but the error is noted.

I just reinstalled DOC on Win10, but when I try to open it, the starting menu has no writing at all, just blank spaces. I'm quite sure I had this problem before, but I can't find my post and the solution to my problem... :sad:

Top Bottom