Resource icon

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel November 22 Update

Divine Yuri

Never Closes Chrome
Divine Yuri submitted a new resource:

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel - Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel

I've been hearing some complaints, and had some myself of the City Panel. I generally thought the lack of information on the panel itself was it's greatest downfall, and wanted to correct this.

Mostly what I've done is added a ton of the information that can be found in additional information tab onto the panel itself as tool tips, switching the food yield to show growth yield instead of total, and also replacing the "Number of Buildings" bar for a "Number of Districts out of Total...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, just brilliant work. Should be vanilla. I always wondered why on earth there are no tooltips for those entries.

hello!
how to activate?
in Additional Content i don't see the mod

thanks

Awesome, thank you.

Are you planning on working on other tooltips as well? It would be great to see base tile values as well as improvement values on a tile. If I hover over a tile with cow, I would like to see what the cow adds to it without looking in Civilopedia.

I've added an update to the city panel, and here's what I added:
  • The production bar on the city panel has been changed to show total production on the right side of the bar.
  • Whenever the production panel is open the city-panel now moves the the left as to not be covered up by the production panel.
Spoiler Screenshot :

Please Note: This screenshot is not of a release version so ignore the additional faith tab. I'm just testing if I can make those tabs modular.

Awesome, thank you.

Are you planning on working on other tooltips as well? It would be great to see base tile values as well as improvement values on a tile. If I hover over a tile with cow, I would like to see what the cow adds to it without looking in Civilopedia.

I might, but I'm just looking to do changes to the City Panel / Production Panel for now until it's the way I like it.

Divine Yuri, can this be added to a game that is already in progress or does it require starting a new game with a mod enabled?

Also, you should link up with the author of this mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-ui-civilization-6.600946/ who is also doing some slightly different UI changes to the city screen.
If you want it as a DLC it requires a new game to be active. If you want it for a already active game you can if you drop the UI folder found in the mod's folder into the Assets folder. That'll just over write the files, and work on any save game.

I'm just working by myself right now ,and the most likely scenario is Fraxis is going to change the city screen in some way to implement renaming cities. So I'm trying to keep the update when I need to as smooth as possible.

It's already activated, like a DLC. Start up a game and you'll see.

:shifty: but, in directory that Divine yuri say
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

unzip the file or put the file zip?

other mods put in
...Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

This looks like a great start to adding some much needed functionality to the city screen. Using the version uploaded on October 25, there is a bug with the Currently Building display. As seen on the screenshot here, even when something is being built in a city, it always displays "Nothing being produced in city", with XX/XXX production list.

Spoiler Screenshot :

another question
your mod only work in english language or is multilanguage?
thanks

:shifty: but, in directory that Divine yuri say
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

unzip the file or put the file zip?

other mods put in
...Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods
Unzip the folder into the DLC folder, and when you start a new game it'll be active with it.

another question
your mod only work in english language or is multilanguage?
thanks

Somewhat - it's not going to break it. Also I've tried where I can to make sure I use as much info that's already available in multiple languages. Too fill out the tooltips I needed to manually write some of tooltip information though.

This looks like a great start to adding some much needed functionality to the city screen. Using the version uploaded on October 25, there is a bug with the Currently Building display. As seen on the screenshot here, even when something is being built in a city, it always displays "Nothing being produced in city", with XX/XXX production list.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Ohh shoot, yeah that's because I was trying to cut a few things that seemed useless, and one thing I did was used by the code. I've updated with a fix to that. Sorry about the inconvenience just saw it, and thought I didn't use it for anything.

Last edited:
He, same question here. The button itself kinda "works" (it looks like it's enabled or not), but the panel itself is gone... o.O

City panel works fine for me. Ya using any other mods? (Load order seems to matter, I had to combine this, Hajee's B-Lining and 8 Ages of Pace all together in one Mod/Modinfo to get them to all work together correctly)
Great mod btw.

He, same question here. The button itself kinda "works" (it looks like it's enabled or not), but the panel itself is gone... o.O
I had this problem when using the Quick UI mod in combination with this. It'd be cool if the 2 mods were compatible with each other.

Very nice, thank you!
The stock city screen is a sad piece of UI. I'd be surprised if they don't update it sooner than later.

Update:
  • The Growth bar has been shortened to make room.
  • Added a Expansion Bar which will show how long until the city expands it's borders. (The color of the bar is temporary as I write this)
  • Added tooltips to the Growth Bar, and Expansion Bar that show total Food and Culture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom