Help Me Not Ruin this Cleopatra Start

isau

Deity
This is Emperor difficulty.

Thoughts on where to settle and which Wonders to chase?

cleo rivers.png

Is that the Tigris and Euphrates?
Wow - furs, 2 rivers, lots of forest for lumbermills near them, hills and mountain for IZ, CZ, Campus - nice little triangle section to the south for farms (both wheat and eventually adjacency)
Easy eurekas with wheat and sheep

Do you try and exploit the desert? Dunno, few tiles

Yes, please do share that seed. That's a beautiful start.

I'd probably settle in place, you're not likely to find something better by moving.

Turns out it's not easy.

Apparently it's in the log files.
  • Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs;
  • Open Lua.log with a text editor (Microsoft's notepad will do);
  • Go to the end of the file (Ctrl+End in notepad)
  • Search up for seed and write down gamerandomseed and maprandomseed. (You have to search up because you want the last one, the most recent map.)

Ok just tested it and its the same map for sure. My test game I loaded in the same spot AI China was last time--normal not to start in the same spot, or did I get a number wrong somewhere?

This is interesting to experiment with.

I tried it and didn't get the same start; don't know if that's because the map settings were different or because I just loaded in a different location.

What map size and type was this?

It was a Standard sized map. It's possible I actually gave you the wrong values.

If you want to play as Cleo, here is the save file on Turn 1.

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 1 4000 BC two rivers.Civ6Save
    353.8 KB · Views: 454
Looks like a good move, you gained a 2/3 deer in forested grassland hills, and a 4 food rice.

That's such an incredible city site, it makes me want to try a OCC.

This is Emperor difficulty.

Thoughts on where to settle and which Wonders to chase?

Attached would be my own plan for that city, which I'd found in place. The non-existence of wonders in the city plan is on purpose, in large part due to being on Emperor.
Least confident on placement of Industrial Zone; revealing Bronze Working is likely to change that.
I am also confident that the city will at some point need an entertainment zone with that many food sources, but can't envision where to place it until the neighboring cities are placed.

Attachments

• cleo rivers.png
    cleo rivers.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,101
Can confirm the seed worked - I got the exact same spot.

Move one tile sw, just southeast of the furs. With the city there you get access to at minimum 2 desert mines @ hills, one desert ivory, one desert pasture @ hills, 2 flood plains northwest for wonders, grassland + 2 floodplains SE for triangle farm, with 3 resource farms, industrial zone east of city with 3 attached mines, and you can settle cities on river to north and south within 6 tiles to boost production/amenities.

Wonders - Petra, Alhambra, pyramids, mont st michal( if religious), Ruhr valley.
Districts- industrial, commerce, encampment, 2 others.

That's probably the best starting location I have seen so far. It would be an ideal capitol.

I would probably build my districts to the east of the starting location, commerce directly east of the capital, campus next to the mountains and factory to the north while eventually harvesting the sheep and building a mine there.

An interesting idea is to get the desert folklore pantheon and build the holy site one west of the furs.

Attached would be my own plan for that city, which I'd found in place. The non-existence of wonders in the city plan is on purpose, in large part due to being on Emperor.
Least confident on placement of Industrial Zone; revealing Bronze Working is likely to change that.
I am also confident that the city will at some point need an entertainment zone with that many food sources, but can't envision where to place it until the neighboring cities are placed.

I mostly agree, but I'd want to shift things around and put my industrial zone and commerce district adjacent. Maybe I'm over emphasizing the adjacency bonuses, but so far, that's been my strategy with industrial zones. Of course, with my emphasis on industrial zones, I'd have to wait and see which direction I was going to primarily spread my later cities, as I have also been trying to maximize the 6-tile range of the industrial zone buildings.

In any case, that's an incredible starting location, have fun with it!

I had a play around with this start in my deity game last night. Was a bit of fun. I tried to play a tall strategy and focus very heavy on wonders. I aimed at Pyramids and Petra.

It was fun, but I just flat out think tall has any real value in Civ 6, you always need to build as many cities as you can sensibly afford if you want to play optimally.

I won't say anything else for fear of any spoilers.

How is it going with the start? Show off your uber-city!

It turned out okay. I could have done much better with city placement. Got tons of wonders.

Now a question. Does the map random seed just mean you'll get the same map if you select the same leader? I'd like to try this start with a different leader, but I couldn't get it to work.

Top Bottom