Alternate American Leader

John Adams would be good, especially given that we know more information about him following the excellent biography of him by David McCullough. But I consider him a better statesman than president.

I think Thomas Jefferson would be a great pick for all what has been exposed above, and also because he was a really complete man.

Ben Franklin was no POTUS, but could fit too IMHO.

I think Thomas Jefferson would be a great pick for all what has been exposed above, and also because he was a really complete man.

Ben Franklin was no POTUS, but could fit too IMHO.
Jefferson has a lot of good "hooks"
-Lousiana Purchase->getting terrain
-Louis& Clark expedition->scout/Recon unit bonus

revolutionary period for possible minuteman leader

his views on the agrarian republic->farm bonus
his views on "periodic revolution"->bonus to having advanced government types (or even bonus to changing governments/policies...)

My pick is Thomas Jefferson ; Capital - Philadelphia (to fit into the alternate capita hypothesis)

I wouldn't discount Alexander Hamilton either. The Broadway play really put him on the map. Capital also in Philadelphia

As far as I know, only Washington and Adams served in a Philadelphia capital. And Adams was only partial.

I guess Jefferson and Adams especially Adams is nearly unknown outside of the US.

I like to see U.S. Grant but my suggestion is a leader for the atomic age and that is

Ike Eisenhower

he ruled the US in their good old days in the only American golden age. He could be focused on counterespionage, biological warfare and infrastructure.

On the other Russian/Soviet side Brezhnev then.

But maybe firaxis choose some counterpart like Gorgo for Sparta vs. Pericles for Athens who could be on the same map and could fight each other then it should be

R.E. Lee
. Of course he never was president but under some speculative circumstances he could have been one like the case of U.S. Grant shows.

Barack Obama

Ability: Deficit Spending: Every time a civic is researched, gain +3 amenities in each city for 10 turns. After those 10 turns, recieve -300 gpt until another civic is researched.

Someone will probably mod all the Presidents at some point anyway, I suppose. Wasn't there a significant endeavor to do that amongst civ v modders?

Someone will probably mod all the Presidents at some point anyway, I suppose. Wasn't there a significant endeavor to do that amongst civ v modders?
William Henry Harrison
Special Ability - Die First Month in Office: On turn 10, you lose the game.

Franklin Pierce

LUA: Gadsden Purchase - Able to purchase tiles belonging to another civ or city-state that are directly adjacent to American territory (more expensive if purchasing a tile that has an improvement or district; cannot purchase tiles adjacent to the city centre of the seller and definitely not the city centre itself); half of the gold spent would go to the seller

This would be a great way to be able to expand American borders on another civ's territory without declaring war, especially given the lack of tile-flipping from Civ IV or culture-bomb or citadel-bomb from Civ V. Half of the gold spent going to the seller would help balance an otherwise overpowered ability.

I can't think of a good agenda.

Eisenhower:

Agenda:
Domino Theory: Hates civs that change from from the government that he has. Likes civs that switch to his government.

LUA:
Eight Millionaires and A Plumber: Commercial districts get bonus gold when next to industrial districts, mines, and quarries. Industrial Districts get bonus production when next to commercial districts, plantations, and harbors.

First for Andrew Jackson; he could have a bonus to internal trade routes, bonus to general generation and combat + w/5 tiles of territory. I realize he subjugated native Americans and is controversial but he is a personality worthy of civ.

Came in to request this as a mod.

UU - The Foot in Mouth. Deployment brings instant denouncement from every Civ, forever. Special building - The Crooked Hillary - a replacement for the courthouse which reduces amenities by 100% in cities without his other special building - The Trump Tower, siting of which causes "we hate the king day" for ever. Special ability. Zero Culture.

Top Bottom