Resource icon

Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel November 22 Update

Hm... I'm not seeing the new changes when I updated the mod... do you have to start a new game for the changes to take effect?

Hm... I'm not seeing the new changes when I updated the mod... do you have to start a new game for the changes to take effect?
If you started the game before the mod was downloaded then yes you have to start a new game, or you can replace the UI files directly by droping the UI folder in:
"Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets" (Make sure you backup the files!)

If it doesn't show up as a mod like this then it's not active in your current game:
Spoiler Screenshot :

I downloaded the mod yesterday and re-downloaded it today to get the changes that were made today (the border growth bar), and the changes that were there before today's updates are working fine, but the new features added today don't show up...

I also tested this on a new game, and it (the new culture bar) didn't show up either (the other features are intact though, and I did confirm the DLC was loaded into the game)...

Never mind, I am dumb.

Apparently when I first downloaded the mod I stuck it two locations, in my mod folder and in the DLC folder of the game, and only updated the latter. I deleted the former and it works now. Awesome mod, by the way:)

Last edited:
I think you may have an error in your modinfo, not sure due not tested it yet:-

<Components>
<ImportFiles id="DY_CVP_IMPORT">
<Items>
<File>UI/Panels/CityPanel.lua</File>
<File>UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua</File>
<File>UI/Panels/CityPanel.xml</File>
<File>UI/PProductionPanel.xml</File>
</Items>
</ImportFiles>
</Components>
<Files>
</Files>

A double PP.

I think you may have an error in your modinfo, not sure due not tested it yet:-

<Components>
<ImportFiles id="DY_CVP_IMPORT">
<Items>
</Items>
</ImportFiles>
</Components>
<Files>
</Files>

A double PP.
I didn't do anything to the ProductionPanel.xml file yet so that's probably why it went unnoticed. I probably would of spent hours like "Why are non of my changes working!?!?". :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:
People have been making mods for over a decade across their games to make a visible progress bar of when my borders will expand and every single new release Firaxis refuses to just implement it themselves. Do they have one stubborn UI guy that's worked there forever that refuses to learn or admit his design isn't perfect? So irritating.

awesome job. Something that Firaxis couldn't get right in their whole development time?

People have been making mods for over a decade across their games to make a visible progress bar of when my borders will expand and every single new release Firaxis refuses to just implement it themselves. Do they have one stubborn UI guy that's worked there forever that refuses to learn or admit his design isn't perfect? So irritating.

What? Civ 3 and 4 both had progress bars for border expansion. It was only with 5 that form over function became a thing.

Hey I'm working on my own UI mod. Is it alright if I include your work here in it? I couldn't find a license file in the download and I love what you've done with the tooltips! Obviously credit would be given where due along with link provided to this thread in relevant documentation and the in-game mod description.

Are there a couple typos in your Modinfo file?

I didn't do anything to the ProductionPanel.xml file yet so that's probably why it went unnoticed. I probably would of spent hours like "Why are non of my changes working!?!?". :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out!

5char

Hey, we had a few issues with your mod - I don't think we have anything installed that should conflict.

1. We can't get the city information panel to open (the one that shows you where your housing, amenities, etc are coming from). The button simply does nothing.
2. In a city panel, even though the city is building something, the big production indicator on the city panel says that nothing is being produced.

I think we still might be using an older version of the mod, though. Are these known bugs with the first version, or are they from something else? I'm going to play around with it and see if there is something else that might be conflicting (it's a little confusing because we're playing the same version of Civ on several different accounts through Steam family sharing, so it seems like some things carried over and others didn't).

EDIT okay, so I started a new game with the most recent version and so far I am not experiencing these issues, so I'm not sure what was causing them. I'll let you know if they re-emerge!

Last edited:
Bump. My UI mod has taken off a bit and I'm getting a lot of requests about adding features from your mod. Of course, I don't want to suddenly encroach without asking first, so I'd like to know how you feel about the idea of your mod being included with mine. Is that something you'd be open to or no?

Hey, we had a few issues with your mod - I don't think we have anything installed that should conflict.

1. We can't get the city information panel to open (the one that shows you where your housing, amenities, etc are coming from). The button simply does nothing.
2. In a city panel, even though the city is building something, the big production indicator on the city panel says that nothing is being produced.

I think we still might be using an older version of the mod, though. Are these known bugs with the first version, or are they from something else? I'm going to play around with it and see if there is something else that might be conflicting (it's a little confusing because we're playing the same version of Civ on several different accounts through Steam family sharing, so it seems like some things carried over and others didn't).

EDIT okay, so I started a new game with the most recent version and so far I am not experiencing these issues, so I'm not sure what was causing them. I'll let you know if they re-emerge!
Yeah, it's working just fine on my end, and that's usually all I can do without getting reports. It's always a weird thing when something just doesn't work for someone that works for you, but I'll try my best with finding out what's going on. It's weird hearing that break, because I didn't actually touch what opens the Additional Info Tab.

Bump. My UI mod has taken off a bit and I'm getting a lot of requests about adding features from your mod. Of course, I don't want to suddenly encroach without asking first, so I'd like to know how you feel about the idea of your mod being included with mine. Is that something you'd be open to or no?
I'm sorry for the late reply I've been busy with midterms. I'm fine with any using anything I make as long as you credit me.

Only one question: how russify it?
Like make it work with the Russian Language?
Yeah, I just haven't implemented it, because I don't know any Russian or other supported languages. If someone would be willing to supply the translation for any language I can implement a version that has other language support.

Last edited:
Since both are trying to tackle similar (or the same) LUA/XML files.. it's certainly creating conflicts at the basic vanilla code changes they're attempting to change.
As a general rule of thumb.. any files which are doubled-up by two simultaneous mods have a high chance to screw up -- doesn't even matter in which order they are loaded.

PS; This kind of situation will also occur once the SDK is out & the Steam Workshop goes live and (of course) soon starts to get flooded by anything tricky or otherwise difficult to verify by users.
Unless, Firaxis staff designed a miracle swap device that can detect & fix such coincidental setup conditions -- which i doubt very much. :eek:

I'm simply going to be repetitive.

Thanks, awesome mod! Great work! Best mod so far! :D

Top Bottom