New Deity Isolation (masochist version ~~)

Fippy

Mycro Junkie
So Shaka wrote he should not lose on Iso..
i read that as "please My, give me one of your annoying maps" ;)

No problemo, good leader and not totally dry but..

Original map no edits, not needed it's bad enuf :b
Spoiler :

Attachments

• iso maso.jpg
    iso maso.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 496
  • AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42 KB · Views: 67
Lol. :D :D :D

Challenge accepted.
(Thanks!)

This is the kind of map that really gives a challenge, great!

Sounds like I will fail horribly, isolated start.. on diety! I will however give it a go, possibly this evening!

About the map. SIP Looks like a good hammer spot! If I find stone/marbel I'll definitely put some extra turns into a wonder or two, for some OF.

My game plan (edit: updated my plan when I realised the leader was WvO):
TECH: AH, Mining, (possibly the wheel if horses).

Then I have to see how the map layout is, but I guess BW, the wheel, pottery, Writing for a fast library to help with research and GS, (academy or bulb math?), then oracle tech.. and GLH tech.

Ideally I would oracle MC, and maybe bulb machinery and get to optics fast.

City planning
1. hook up metal or horses
2. Find a commerce city. a river or a gold/gems/silver, with ocean tiles as a last resort.
3. GP farm city.
4. stone/marble city

Last edited:
(Fippy, isn't WvO ideal for this job?)
Challenge is probably to beat happy cap...

Is GLH allowed?

Sure, not easy building GLH imo cos you need AH first :)
Then mining & BW, sailing..could be stolen by AIs.

Imploding, beware of barbs ~~
I predict you will need Archery, but maybe Shaka has other plans.

Willy is nice yup, could have picked a bad leader but not much fun imo.

Last edited:
Considering it is WvO ( Initially thought the leader was shaka.. but the map is for shakabrade :rolleyes:), I'm thinking about building cheap library's and settle costal cities, and just work water tiles as FIN. Might give enough BPT to get me where I need to be going. (which IMO is fast astronomy And maybe a early oversea war with Williams UU? :) )

Hm... Isolated and Archery tech aswell :eek: .. It will be a tight squeeze to fitting in Hunting and archery.. and I will try to avoid it. Might have enough hammers in CAP to produce 4-5 warriors for a decent fog bust/forested hill defence.. and creative + 2 culture also helps with fog busting.

I'm definitely trying this tonight.. :) Cant wait! :)

I am warming up on Lain's map first.

I'll try avoiding Hunting + Archery as I want to have cheap Military police in Hereditary Rule and don't want to waste beakers on usually useless techs. As Fippy is seasoned veteran, I'd say that most of the troubles are at the very start (as veterans are not patient enough to win a map already won) and if you overcome them, then the game is easy. Therefore Archery is probably not avoidable and game will crawl. :D

Imo this map has some nice land, lots of food, tundra and forests.

Initial settling @ 2120 BC.

Spoiler :
Almost settled SE of initial settler's location. Didn't, oh well...

Should revolt in Slavery right now. Probably going into Writing without The Wheel + Pottery to set up cheap libraries. Not sure I need another tech first.
Stopped because I was undecided @ tech path.

Anyway, I don't think granaries make the cut without extra happiness.
Pretty sure I want a galley out of Amsterdam, next.
Might still die to barb archers.

Last edited:
I think I'll retire this one circa 1920 BC.
Spoiler :
Moderate amount of luck is not enough for my warrior to prevail against spearman. Lost city 3 only a couple of turns after it was settled.
I felt I was pretty well prepared for survival but oh well... I always end up dying to barbs anyway, don't I ?

Too bad. I had so much luck against spears with my Woody 3 Warrior (70% chance to win over spear) that I almost regret teching Archery. But now that Axes are here, it will come in handy.
Very slow map, even with GLH.

So Shaka wrote he should not lose on Iso..
i read that as "please My, give me one of your annoying maps" ;)

No problemo, good leader and not totally dry but..

Original map no edits, not needed it's bad enuf :b
Spoiler :

hello, what mods are you using? and ty for the game, I'm bored, waiting for the next game of noble club =S

hello, what mods are you using? and ty for the game, I'm bored, waiting for the next game of noble club =S

I believe BAT + BULL is used. It includes Blue Marble which makes terrain look a bit more real.

I completely forgot about this game.
Started watching Hunter x Hunter and somwhow watched all 148 episodes; then Civ 6 came out, but I don't feel like playing it until next iteration so now I am ready for Civ 4 again.

Regarding the map:
I played it to the winning position (if going for Space or UN). However, conquest is difficult. I will get back to this one to take some AIs out and then put some saves and screenies to show my appreciation for Fippy's effort.

I believe BAT + BULL is used. It includes Blue Marble which makes terrain look a bit more real.

I completely forgot about this game.
Started watching Hunter x Hunter and somwhow watched all 148 episodes; then Civ 6 came out, but I don't feel like playing it until next iteration so now I am ready for Civ 4 again.

Regarding the map:
I played it to the winning position (if going for Space or UN). However, conquest is difficult. I will get back to this one to take some AIs out and then put some saves and screenies to show my appreciation for Fippy's effort.

bat+bull, i have the "bug" mod, gonna try these two next time ty

No worries Shaka, only play on if it's still fun ;)
I did not put effort into this map.

Diego, i have BAT installed (but not always using it for hosting forum games).
And Blue Marble, gives improved graphics even when others are not using mods.

But i then miss BAT improvements like workers auto stop chopping, maybe i should get BULL too?

Top Bottom