[Suggestion] A middle ground for the post editor

Synobun

Deity
Right now, if you don't want to use the WYSIWYG editor (labelled as 'rich text editor'), you have to completely do away with the entire BBCode menu bar and you get stuck with a basic text field.

This is, of course, rather inconvenient as you lose access to the auto-fill and the auto-wrap for codes. It also removes the ability for you to know what codes are functional on CFC and which aren't.

Other forum software packages, like myBB, have a middle ground solution for this problem where the menu bar remains intact but the editor itself changes from display to source mode. Would it be possible to implement something similar with CFC on Xenforo? I really do hate the display editing but greatly appreciate the menu bar and its functionality. I would love a middle ground between the two choices we have right now.

Anything that can be done for this? It's fine if not, I guess, I'd just like to know what fate I'm locked into. :p

There are many things going on that require priority atm. Will try to revisit this when other issues have been solved. Thank you for your patience.

Top Bottom