No, a unit does NOT need orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

civnoob13

King
Am I the only one who has this problem? It keeps on telling me that a unit needs orders, even when all units have run out of moves for that turn. I have to wait about 20 seconds or distract the system by clicking on something else to actually move on to the next turn ... It also sometimes takes a VERY long time for the system to realise that I have chosen production for a city or chosen a tech.

I have the opposite problem - the game will tell me to click "Next Turn", but after clicking it, the game will realise that some of my units still need orders and bring me to them.

The way the game processes unit movement seems to be ******ed.

I have the unit lag too - maybe 5 seconds or so.
Maybe my rig is too slow :(

I have the opposite problem - the game will tell me to click "Next Turn", but after clicking it, the game will realise that some of my units still need orders and bring me to them.

I believe that's because of the way the game handles multi-move and queued movement. The game processes these queued up moves last, and any movement points after you click 'End Turn' will still need to be used after that queued up movement.

I understood it fairly quickly... /shrug

Also, to the OP: You can force end turn with Shift+Enter.

Am I the only one who has this problem? It keeps on telling me that a unit needs orders, even when all units have run out of moves for that turn. I have to wait about 20 seconds or distract the system by clicking on something else to actually move on to the next turn ... It also sometimes takes a VERY long time for the system to realise that I have chosen production for a city or chosen a tech.

Hit the W button.

Previous Civs didn't have this blunder of a blunder bloop, when ending turns all units not moved are regarded as skip turn.

Also I think DX 11 gets bored and falls asleep if it's not running a fast paced, action packed, graphic intensive game.

Really? I just feel stupid now! Thanks.
No need to feel stupid. This has caught out noobs and veterans alike. Like the message that your horseman is out of moves and yet the game is stuck... so you click on the "move radius" button and find it can still move one tile! :crazyeye:

This is one of the most annoying "features" of the UI. When I click next turn I want the next turn. :mad:

Yes, I usualy need to find another unit to click on. I am even more annoyed about being forced to read city state-messages (c`mon, I mouse over them and know everything without having to open them)

I think that is a feature not a bug - units you have ordered to go somewhere move after you end turn and if they move and arrive at destination with MPs still left they ask you what to do

w pulls up artistic works
shift enter does nothing.

I still have unit needs orders but when I click it, it does nothing. I scroll away and click it, nothing. Ended up loading an autosave.

Figured it out. If you have unit linked to a siege tower and perform an upgrade of the base unit (crossbow to cannon in this case). The Unit Needs Orders remains, doing nothing, until you unlink the two units. Then once you do something with the siege tower, the Next Turn text returns, and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom