So i noticed the game is running in dx11

yutterh

Chieftain
I read news that it was supposed to be directx12 ready. Am I just missing the option? Oh and i have windows 10 and a gtx970. I hope it isnt exclusive to amd.

970 should be dx12 ready. My 1080 is also running in dx11.

I think nvidia doesn't have good drivers for dx12 yet so Firaxis launched in dx11 default.

I'm sure this game will eventually be dx12

Not sure if this has any effect, but if you go to your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder, you will find GraphicsOptions.txt.

There is a line at the very end:

;Set DX12 compute queue usage on (1), off (0), or platform default(-1).
EnableAsyncCompute -1

If you change it to 1, you might get DirectX 12? Unfortunately I don't know how to check which version of DirectX the game is running.

They talked about DX12 support pre release and gave examples of how it was going to improve the games performance... Post release we have DX11... And absolutely no word about DX12. Not even a shout out that its coming in a future patch like some other recent titles. :confused:

nvidia's dx12 support is kind of crap right now. Their cards actually lose performance.

I think that's probably the #1 reason. There will likely be a DX12 option sooner rather than later when both AMD/nVidia are ready.

nvidia's dx12 support is kind of crap right now. Their cards actually lose performance.

I think that's probably the #1 reason. There will likely be a DX12 option sooner rather than later when both AMD/nVidia are ready.

This is more a matter of NVidia cards are highly tuned to DX11's quirks.

Top Bottom