Bug Reports and Technical Issues

What are your language settings? Empty menu points to a language other than English, which is the only language supported in the mod so far.

:rolleyes: Of course...reinstalling hadn't selected English as default... Thank you! :king:

please look at my picture, there s effel tower and statue of liberty in my paris.

but i suggest is this is bug ??

i made all wonders in paris for historical win

statue of liberty and effeltower and so on.

for reality i made the statue in paris with use worldmap builder even there s no coastline there.

so i had all wonders now. 4 wonders for historical victory.

but in the victory condition screenshot, it show me only statue of liberty did not build yet

is this bug ? or should i play till 1900 ad ??

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    469.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 85
Please upload the save with this situation, then I can give it a look.

please look at my picture, there s effel tower and statue of liberty in my paris.

but i suggest is this is bug ??

i made all wonders in paris for historical win

statue of liberty and effeltower and so on.

for reality i made the statue in paris with use worldmap builder even there s no coastline there.

so i had all wonders now. 4 wonders for historical victory.

but in the victory condition screenshot, it show me only statue of liberty did not build yet

is this bug ? or should i play till 1900 ad ??
That's no bug. Buildings added by Worldbuilder don't count towards UHV goals.

Oh I missed the world builder line. That's correct, you actually have to build those wonders.

I'm experiencing a bug with some textures, the Ottoman Heavy Horsemen are just red blobs, two of the three models in the Janissary unit are pink, and the Moorish Heavy Swordsmen are pink as well. I'm using VD and as far as I can tell, the textures installed correctly.

If you can, try to keep the path to your BtS installation as short as possible. I'll implement some relief later on but that may take some time.

I downloaded the last version before the new tech tree and congresses almost never work.

Edit: Just realized there's a newer version. The one I have I downloaded on 26/9, now there's one up from 05/10. Is this the one with the new tech tree? Is there an overview over all the versions and uploads? One that does not involve git?

Last edited:
The normal download (without Git) does not include the new tech tree.

There are two versions of the mod available through Git. The normal one (develop branch) is almost identical to the one available for download (only minor fixes have been added since then), and the new tech tree (hrtechs branch).

I did a reupload of the mod recently but it did not affect congresses. I have heard similar reports before, but the code looked okay so I assumed it was a fluke. Will give it another look.

Thanks for your reply. I would give more details on the failing congresses, but I have python error reports enabled and Congresses are simply skipped right after announcement, except when they aren't. It's almost like error-ridden congresses were replaced by not-happening ones ;) So no screenshot :p

To clarify, the initial announcement message happens but none of the subsequent ones? Do you have a save where that occurs?

Playing as byzantium. Accomplished the first goal, starting spending money hiring mercenaires and such, first goal now unchecked. Even though in 1000 ad I had past the required gold.
Checked the code, everything seems fine. Might be you ran into a Python exception that reset your goal progress. If you still have the logs for that game that would help.

First time I reloaded the save, it worked. :confused:

I tested a 2nd and 3rd time. It did not work. And the tooltip said "we offer our colonists 0 gold...". I had over 300 gold all three times. :confused:

Has this issue been addressed or solved? I've browsed through the following ten or so pages and found nothing, and it's happening to me virtually always playing as Spain. I complete the Trading company as soon as possible, make sure I have enough surplus gold (600+, last time I had 2000+ from conducting a trading mission the turn before) and I'm given the possibility to choose between offering 0 gold for settling and "this is none of our concern". When I reload, same thing, no matter what I do. I tried postponing it - nothing, lowering research to 0 to get more gold - nothing. :confused: It's very frustrating. Finally I have to worldbuilder my Trading Company (I've earned it! :D ).

Must have overlooked this report, I've made a note now.

Okay yeah that needs to get fixed asap. Which unfortunately means not until the weekend.

I am also seeing UHVs that start as failed. Looking forward to the fix on that.

My most recent game also seems to have perpetual plague? Once plague spreads somewhere, it doesn't seem to ever stop. I get multiples messages for the same cities each turn as well. And I seemed to be completely immune to plague until I capture a city that already had it. Then every city got it with no end in sight. Playing as the Tamils. Most of India and east Asia never got plague. Everything west and north of Mesopotamia was permanently in plague from at least the Arab spawn up to current time 1900.

I have attached my most recent save of this game. My version of the Mod doesn't 100% match, but I think the only thing I have changed is that I enabled changing civs more than once. I last updated yesterday.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Rajendra Chola AD-1904 Turn 399.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
Hey. Getting a lot of errors each turn while using the SVN version. Attached the logs.

Attachments

• Logs-DOC.zip
    218.3 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom