New team colours!

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Annoyed by those silly shades of pink? No problem, it's all over.
Editing RGB combinations for team colours is quite easy, and here's a demostration:

(please scroll down the whole page, as I'll post more than one attachment)

Attachments

• col1.jpg
    col1.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 14,409
Ooooooo...that is a nice blue.

Here's a set of colours, with some edited.
In particular, two shades of pink and a shade of dark yellow were replaced with cyan (see screenshot), lime and a shade of gray.
Because of this, some other colours were darkened or lightened a bit in oder to improve the distinction.
The zip contains a .biq, too, with no rules changes but only colour assignments. This was done because there was some people complainting that sometimes some civs are automatically given the same colour. With a redistribution this won't happen again. You can play the biq with the new shades without having to overwrite the original colours.

EDIT 11/05/04: Updated version (1.1). Some changes to enhance distinction between cities colours.
The biq here is based on Conquests v1.22

Attachments

• Rhyes_colours_v11.zip
    43.8 KB · Views: 5,938
Here are the files corresponding to some experiments. If anybody wants to try in a game....
I'll post later a tutorial (when I've written it). After that I would like everybody to post here their experiments.

NOTE: before copying all or some of these files to your \art\units\palettes folder, make a backup!!

Attachments

• col_experiments.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,118
Looks good Rhye :) One question though:

Does your new colour scheme (in the 3rd post) affect any civs' default colours? Or does it only change the alternate colours?

Thanks in advance :)

Originally posted by Rhye
Annoyed by those silly shades of pink? No problem, it's all over.
Editing RGB combinations for team colours is quite easy, and here's a demostration:

(please scroll down the whole page, as I'll post more than one attachment)

Ooooooooooh! Pretty colours! :D

Originally posted by Gainy bo
Looks good Rhye :) One question though:

Does your new colour scheme (in the 3rd post) affect any civs' default colours? Or does it only change the alternate colours?

Thanks in advance :)

Editing those pcx files changes the AVAILABLE colours.
Thus, in the .biq I've given one color per civ (standard == alternate) to avoid double colours when playing with 31 civs together

Image\Mode\Color Table... in Photoshop CS. The only difference is that the pallete will be upside down.

hi!quite good your job,and its been embrassed by all.however,please don't blame me,i ve noticed the very live blue of the sea and the terrain,generally.where can i find this specific blue?i would feel oblicated if you or anyone could help.

Top Bottom