• Climate: Random
  • Sea Level: Random
  • Era: Random
  • Speed: Epic
  • Level: Emperor
  • Option: Random Personalities, Unrestricted Leaders
  • Rivals: 7
  • Victory Conditions: All Enabled

Anything can go here, once the map is rolled we can decide on a VC. So What Do you think about this?

Roster:
  1. cripp
  2. vranasm
  3. nocho
  4. Sengir
  5. woopdeedoo
  6. IdiotsOpposite

I'm thinking that if this is about randomness you should definitely have huts and events on. ;)

huts on, events on, and unrestricted leaders.
for more randomness, put a random size/speed. just don't start with a duel or tiny map.
Not a signup!

I'm thinking that if this is about randomness you should definitely have huts and events on. ;)

huts on, events on, and unrestricted leaders.
for more randomness, put a random size/speed. just don't start with a duel or tiny map.
Not a signup!

good points guys, that's even more random.

@nocho
you in?

If some more peoples board this train I'd be in, as long as you don't roll marathon nor huge.

To be honest, era should not be random because you start with less in any starting era than you if you built up to that era. But it is up to you.

choose religions!

If you guys are happy with a bit of a noob on the roster, I would be happy to learn from the *very* experienced team who have signed up. If you don't, I also won't be offended...

From me no objections whatsoever, ms woop! In a leisurely SG as in a big part of life eagerness trumps experience anyway. ;)

I'd like to join, but my spare time is kinda spotty for the first couple of weeks. Should have enough time to comment on the game(can post from work), but I'm quite unsure of available playtime until Christmas.

If you guys are happy with a bit of a noob on the roster, I would be happy to learn from the *very* experienced team who have signed up. If you don't, I also won't be offended...

I'd like to echo Woopdeedoo! If you don't mind someone who normally plays Prince on the roster, I'd love to sign up, if you don't mind!

Ok guys, looks like we have a full roster! I am going to make one exception and that's on the map size, I'm going to leave it as Standard because rolling a large/huge or even smaller wouldn't go well.

Okay, here we go

Our Random Leader
Spoiler :

We have Stalin of Carthage

Our Settings
Spoiler :

Rocky climate, low sea levels with a Cylindrical map so lots of land to work with

Our Start
Spoiler :

Horses for our cavalry! 3 clams

So let's get the debate going!

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1285.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.6 KB · Views: 79
Renaissance starts with 2 settlers, right? Can you tell where all units are exactly and ofc which units we actually have? :)

I guess that explorer should go 2N1W before deciding how to settle. 1S of horses looks really good, but if it's a tiny island we're on we better make optimum use of the space available.

Could you also post a shot from the relevant part of the tech tree, cripp? Seem to recall immediate edu/lib is an option with renaissance starts. Well, only ever played one in sgotm, 12 iirc.

i tried renessaince start thanks to challenge VI G 05 (I think), from what i remember there is pretty high chance we actually will lose lib race.
Edu is open, Philo is teched by everyone.

This looks some kind of archipelago which is unwelcome, because I found that going with Knights rush is pretty strong option on Ren start

We should have 2 settlers from what I remember... I would settle them the way we have TR right from start.

1NE of pigs and 1N above horses look like good starting situation.

Spoiler tech :

We have 1 explorer, 2 LB, 2 settlers and 1 worker

Settling 1S of the horse will give us a really good NE city, with all the food. We'll probably lose the Lib race.

Sending the explorer North and the other LB/Settler up that way following the explorer. Improving the horse while building a couple wb for the clams.

Depending on the map type (which I agree, seems like Archipelago to me), we might benefit from a Gunpowder+Rifling rush and perhaps supplement it with Astronomy. But that's just a random early-morning thought.

I'd start with moving the units before deciding where to settle:
Worker: 2N,
Explorer: 1N, 1NW
Western LB: 1NW
Eastern LB: 1SW

That should give us a much better look at our island (I think it is one, if we're on a bigger landmass we're lucky).
For tech: getting Astro early seems important, Lib race is a gamble which we might try for, but I'm not quite sure of it's feasibility. Better to think about that after we've decided on city locations, as at that point we should have a better insight in how long it is going to take us to get to lib.

Top Bottom