GOTM Submission Problem

Sullla

Patrician Roman Dictator
Just when I thought my luck for this GOTM couldn't get any worse... :lol:

I discovered when I went to check my final save for GOTM6 that I had accidentally saved over it when playing my latest OCC game. Now just in case this happens, I always create a backup save for the GOTM and save it every 5 turns so I won't lose my game. But apparently my backup save was deleted sometime over the last few days as well; don't know how or why it happened :confused:

So now I'm left with no game save to submit. Heh, and I thought that the Zulu razing of a Japanese city that triggered a domination victory that I emphatically did not want was frustrating. However, I do have proof that I completed my game: my score is fortunately recorded in my personal "hall of fame" scores.

Therefore I want to submit to Matrix the unorthodox proposal of submitting my game by sending a picture of my final score. I know the final year, victory type, etc. I have easily a dozen screenshots that show I was playing the game (and doing well). I think it's pretty obvious from the forum discussions that I was playing the game fairly and honestly. But I don't have an actual save game file to submit.

Will this be a problem? I know that it's unusual, but I ask you to find it in your heart to accept my proposal :love:

No problem! :cool: Just send me an email telling me your result and remind me of this, so that I don't send you an email back asking where the savegames are. :rolleyes:

By the way, by editing the file HighScores.cv3 with notepad you can easily edit your Hall of Fame, so that's isn't hard evidence as well. :p But I don't need hard evidence. Just convidence.

Thanks a lot! I am sending out an email to Matrix tonight. :)

You can edit HOF high scores? :eek: That's not right... Well, I will just include the screenshots I took of my territory when trying to plant more cities for milking. They at least show I was playing the game and doing well, though you will have to trust me on the score :(

Perhaps, people should have to submit their games before they post in the spoiler thread. This would help remind everyone to get their entry in. Anyway, with our new version with autocompressing files should help those with the quick file delete tendency. Been there done that, by the way.

CB

Originally posted by Sullla
You can edit HOF high scores? :eek: That's not right...
Actually it's very handy, especially if you reinstall Civ3 and you don't wanna loose your Hall of Fame, or if you end or retire a game which you don't want in your Hall of Fame, then you can just delete that result. Also, I've made a Hall of Fame file with all the results of the GOTM. ;) So I think it's quite cool and a good decision to make it edible.

Anyway, I got your submission, so you don't have to worry about that. :cool:

Each time I play a new game, I change the name of the leader (just click on the picture when you select your Civ). The save game files include the leader name. That way I never have the overwrite problem, can keep track of which game is which. And I get to play great leaders like:

King Louie Louie
Chief Talking Bull
Chief Drinking Fish
President Hulk Hogan :D

Originally posted by Matrix
No problem! :cool: Just send me an email telling me your result and remind me of this, so that I don't send you an email back asking where the savegames are. :rolleyes:

By the way, by editing the file HighScores.cv3 with notepad you can easily edit your Hall of Fame, so that's isn't hard evidence as well. :p But I don't need hard evidence. Just convidence.

Can I do that for my game? (the one that's ultra slow) It's in my game's HOF as well. Please? :)
It's certainly nowhere *CLOSE* to Sulla's score. 1288 vs. Sulla's estimated 7000... Hey, atleast I'm in the 1,000's!

Ummm... If you read about my sad story in the GOTM6 spoilers thread, you'll see that I ended up short of my goal of 7000. Not that 5530 is anything to gripe about (hey the game's over; results'll be out in two or three days :)) And Cartouche Bee probably smoked everybody anyway with a score "closer to 9000 than 8000" :lol:

I submited my info with the form and it went well, but when i tried to send the email with the saved game, I got a message saying the mail hadn't been delivered yet. I think it had something to do with the forum downtime, but I'm not sure.

Matrix, I need to know if my submission got to you, and if I had to send the email again.

Top Bottom