2.3 download link/Archbishop

hubbahubba

Chieftain
Is there a download link for 2.3 still available? I've noticed the archbishop isn't working(not in game) in 2.4 and so was gonna just roll back to 2.3 but unfortunately don't have it any more. Hopefully someone can help because this mod really is excellent.

I am pretty sure that the Archbishop is generally working ingame in Release 2.4.
(I had been playing a few rounds with that release only a few weeks ago.)

It is possible though to break that feature.
(e.g. by starting a Custom Game with too many players fixed or corrupted Custom Maps.)

How did you start your game ?
(Did you choose one of our maps or create a map of your own ?)

And no, there is no official download of Release 2.3 anymore.
(Although somebody from community might have it. But I really really doubt, that that is the problem.)

I created a custom game, with no ruins and no wild animals selected. Also I just tried to start a new game by going through "Play Now" and the archbishop wasn't in the diplomacy screen when the new game started. Thanks for responding.

So you are playing a mapscript and no specific map ?
(Because the map could be corrupted.)

I will check at the weekend. :thumbsup:
Currently can't explain the problem.

@hubbahubba:

Are you sure that you really have current Release 2.4 ?
(Because such a bug existed in 2.2 but was then fixed in 2.3.)

If you are not 100% sure, could you redownload Release 2.4 from here and check again ?

I did what you asked, started a new game and the archbishop is there. I can't load my old save so presumably I must have been playing on 2.2, not 2.4. Not sure how that happened, could've sworn I'd installed 2.4, but regardless I'm sorry to have wasted your time. Thanks for a great mod!

I did what you asked, started a new game and the archbishop is there.

Great. :)

I can't load my old save so presumably I must have been playing on 2.2, not 2.4.

Yes, saves from 2.2 can't be loaded with 2.4 anymore.
So it really seems like you had old 2.2.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Didn't have any real efforts, so it's ok.

Thanks for a great mod!

We are always happy to hear that people like our work. :)

Top Bottom