Building help needed!

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
I'm doing a revised version of my African scenario, and it looks like I'm going to need a pile of new improvements and Wonders for it. Naturally I didn't think of downloading Bryce when it was free, but I see lots of other people did - so I'm asking for help! If anyone would like to try to make civ-style versions of these buildings, I would be very grateful. You can find more pictures of most of them online - these images are just tasters.

Thanks in advance for any interest!

A zaouia (this site has pictures, but they're Flash so I can't reproduce them here).

The zaouia of Sidi Sahbi:

The Mosque of Sidi Mahrez:

The Citadel of Cairo:

The Saadian Tombs:

The Great Mosque of Kairouan:

The Mausoleum of al-Shafi:

The Mosque of al-Aqmar:

Some of these are quite similar to some of the older Muslim religious buildings I did. Check civ3files to see them for now. I will move them back online here in a few weeks.

Also, these types of buildings are very easy to do in Bryce. Do you have it? I might have time later in the month to help out if someone else hasn't done so already.

Stormrage said:
"Oh, oh, a buiwding, pwease, pweeease?" *smacks Plotinus* You`re a moderator for Madelaine Allbright`s sake! This is how you do it:

Spoiler :
Do it or you get banned!
Typical orc...;)

I would like to see some of those buildings done, too.

I've been thinking of doing a mosque building sometime, but one little problem is that I don't have the appropriate textures... :)

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
I've been thinking of doing a mosque building sometime, but one little problem is that I don't have the appropriate textures... :)
In Bryce, you can use any of the marble textures, but add a bump map such as sand.
Or use a photo from a Mosque to get colors from.

Very nice buildings ... there aren't many grand-looking islamic buildings around the forum. Most are just generic.

So - seconded.

Top Bottom