Do you think this expansion will be ''the ultimate Civ5'' (like Civ4's BTS)?

Do you think G&K will be the ultimate expansion for Civ5?

• Yes!! It's going to be awesome! Civ5 at it's best!

Votes: 60 35.3%
  • Nah, it will need another expansion...

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • Nah, Civ5 is good but not as good as Civ4.

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Civ5 sucked. G&K can't help something that is already broken.

Votes: 14 8.2%

• Total voters
I'd sure like to see more expansion packs down the road. I hope they don't consider the game done with G&K.

In my mind: "It will need another expansion" = "I sure hope they will continue improving it with another expansion(s)"
Now your poll makes sense for me too :)

Have you forgotten that there was a Warlords expansion pack well before Beyond the Sword expansion pack?

Not really sure, by counting after G&K we should get at least one more expansion. And wasn't BtS released after Warlords?

I think corporations need to come back reworked and start earlier with powerful conglomerates like the East India Company. I also want to see:

Health as a limit on individual city production, just as Happiness is the global limit. Buildings, improvements, abilities and wonders that improve health/mitigate lack of health.

A beefed up UN and a new Apostolic Palace, with the faith blocs voting on issues.

Greater Ethnic diversity for units/buildings

Sea Trade Routes, a series of special sea tiles that you can control with your warships control in exchange for profit. Pirates and Privateers need to be constantly harassing these trade lanes, Privateers do not incur war. Possible UA bonus to England, extra money from Trade routes.

A borrowed idea from EU3: Causus Belli. You can pick a reason to go to war with a limited goal/time frame. Reduces war weariness/war monger perception by other civs.

Return of War Weariness, as well as wonders, buildings and abilities that mitigate it.

I can't help but hope that G&K will indeed make a big change for the better. civ V needs it. But still, it might as well turn out not as good as hoped.

I don't really think that they will release another xpack. (lets hope that I am wrong)
All DLCs till now = Warlords
G&K = Bts
They might release a few more DLCs to bring it at par with cIV content, otherwise another xpack is unlikely as 2 yrs have already have passed & they would probably fix the imbalances & bugs brought by this xpack & then shift completely to cVI.

Even if it improves Civ V 100-fold, there will still be elements of the game as a whole that are lacking or could use improving.

No game is ever truely 100% complete. There will always be something to add on. For that reason, even if I wanted to (I do), I cannot say this will be Civ 5 at its best. They could always add another expansion pack to improve it further, or more dlc, or even some mods and patches can improve it further.

I think corporations need to come back reworked and start earlier with powerful conglomerates like the East India Company. I also want to see:

Health as a limit on individual city production, just as Happiness is the global limit. Buildings, improvements, abilities and wonders that improve health/mitigate lack of health.

A beefed up UN and a new Apostolic Palace, with the faith blocs voting on issues.

Greater Ethnic diversity for units/buildings

Sea Trade Routes, a series of special sea tiles that you can control with your warships control in exchange for profit. Pirates and Privateers need to be constantly harassing these trade lanes, Privateers do not incur war. Possible UA bonus to England, extra money from Trade routes.

A borrowed idea from EU3: Causus Belli. You can pick a reason to go to war with a limited goal/time frame. Reduces war weariness/war monger perception by other civs.

Return of War Weariness, as well as wonders, buildings and abilities that mitigate it.

These are all good ideas, but I'm particularly intrigued by the idea of local city health paired with global happiness, which would actually make an awful lot of sense, both with regard to reality and game play. But what I'm particularly curious about is whether the addition of health as a local factor could conceivably allow food to become a global factor? For instance, a city with *local* access to fish or wheat, built on a river, would be healthier than a city built in a coal mine, and could thus grow faster and bigger than the mining town, even though the food to keep everyone fed would come from a global pool. This would be a significant change to the Civilization model, which I do not expect to happen, and perhaps this is not the place to suggest the idea, but I'm curious whether it strikes people as a reasonable/feasible idea for a mod.

I don't really think that they will release another xpack. (lets hope that I am wrong)
All DLCs till now = Warlords
G&K = Bts
They might release a few more DLCs to bring it at par with cIV content, otherwise another xpack is unlikely as 2 yrs have already have passed & they would probably fix the imbalances & bugs brought by this xpack & then shift completely to cVI.
cVI? You mean cix? :D

The pol is really biased and the options do not make sense at all, do I won't bite. This xp will probably be the last major overhaul of the game, and after this out will be mostly patching... But who knows, right?

G&K does seem more like BtS than Warlords in terms of the scale of content/changes, but I don't think that necessarily means it'll be the 'ultimate Civ5'. I would hope there is more to come. Remember that a big part of BtS was mods/scenarios (FFH & RFC). G&K does not have that, and however good it is, it won't be able to claim the title of 'ultimate Civ5' until it can offer something similar.

cVI? You mean cix? :D

Both cix & cVI could work but cix might cause confusion in civers. :p (cix = civ 9)
And they would probably release DLL & other stuff instead of working on another xpack. I think we can trust on modders to make it the ultimate ciV experience. :D

Nah, it will need another expansion...

- 9 New Civilizations (assuming we get seven new DLC Civs meanwhile, total would be the "dream state" of exactly fifty playable Civilizations: 18+7+9+7+9 :D)
- Two UUs and one UB or UI to every Civilization.
- New Era (Alpha Centauri theme)*
- Rise of the Barbarians
- A Scenario for Native North American Indians (incl. Apache, Cherokee, Sioux, Pueblo, Missisipi, Comanche)
- City Health (includes diseases, famines, over population, pollution etc.)
- War Weariness (Honor and some other social policies/wonders/buildings decrease it and Great General unit garrisoned in city)
- Rebellion (Your empire can split in half forming a new civ. Especially if you have conquered some civ earlier it might resurface after rebellion and/or puppet cities start a revolt, perhaps because of another civs espionage operations)
- Multiple and Foreign Trade Routes (Rivers?)
- New Social Policies: Environmentalism (Modern Era) and one or two other. Perhaps split Commerce to Navalism and one SP with Production/Labor emphasize.) Battlefield Medicine social policy added under Honor branch which gives increases the effect of Medic promotions.
- New Technologies: Cartography enables Map Trading. (Assuming G&K doesn't add this)
- New Resources: Saltpeter (strategic) perhaps Rubber (Modern Era) and Tar (Reinaissance Era - Naval Str.Res.)
- Victory Screen art. Something like MoonFlare's proposal and art for City State screens (view of City and Citizens).
- Canal improvement. A very expensive and time consuming tile improvement to Work Boats, Worker unit or requires Great Engineer. Can be build only on coastal tiles and can be connected with city. max. two tiles long (canal-canal or canal-city-canal)

* As the main theme of Gods & Kings expansion pack is Religion, the second expansion would be "Sci-fi" themed ie. Future Era.

I think with CiV it is quite easy to come up with good content to be included to the game. If there will be second expansion, I hope it comes pretty soon after the DLC's. Seven DLC releases in about ten months so the second pack would come around june 2013 :)

Civ5 would suck more if 1/4 of what you put get implemented. No thanks! If I want those changes I play Civ4.

Top Bottom