Zulus Suck!

MKElderGod

Warlord
The Zulu suck and so do the players that abuse them head to head. If you play as the Zulu your not good. Being able to take advantage of stupid AI players is NUB. Every Zulu players play the same nub way. Go after the AI and Take there capital. SIMPLE! Get real skills you nubz.

The Zulu suck and so do the players that abuse them head to head. If you play as the Zulu your not good. Being able to take advantage of stupid AI players is NUB. Every Zulu players play the same nub way. Go after the AI and Take there capital. SIMPLE! Get real skills you nubz.

Actually, not all Zulu players play the same way. I don't always play the Zulu, but when I do, I go for a peaceful economic victory. Sure I'll take someone else's capital if it's available, but I'd do that regardless of which leader I play as, and I don't base my whole strategy on that.

With that said, the game gets old playing against guys who base their whole strategy on rushing, and it's one of the major reasons I don't play the game that much anymore.

But players who base a strategy on taking a capital from a dumb AI who only puts 1 warrior in his capital and takes its sweet time getting bronze are NUBZ. Or you take the capital with no forces stationed (NUBZ). I call that a nub strategy. People been abusing zulus so much that i use "anti" zulu civs. I respect trying to do a peaceful economic victory but everyone is not like you.

But players who base a strategy on taking a capital from a dumb AI who only puts 1 warrior in his capital and takes its sweet time getting bronze are NUBZ. Or you take the capital with no forces stationed (NUBZ). I call that a nub strategy. People been abusing zulus so much that i use "anti" zulu civs. I respect trying to do a peaceful economic victory but everyone is not like you.

Ok, then if I build 30 cities with no defences, and you move 1 warrior in every city, I should call you noob because you took my cities?

Moderator Action: My, having a nice little rant, aren't we?

I don't object to your opinions, but please try to be a bit more civil about it.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Ok, then if I build 30 cities with no defences, and you move 1 warrior in every city, I should call you noob because you took my cities?

Whats your point? If you have 30 cities with no defences i should call YOU nub. My point is if your zulu and your strategy is to take advantage of dumb AI than your a nub. You couldnt make this game competitve because unbalance BS. Unless you play without the computers.

Excuse me but since when was taking advantage of a situation grounds for being a "nub". It sounds to me like these kids you play against have much more foresight than you. If you're not better or can't play at that level, coming here and complaining, insulting people who have an understanding of the game, then perhaps you're the "nub".

And not once do you offer an alternative on how to play.

I don't think it's really a nub strategy. If a city's open, take it. I'm similar to bonafide11 in that I usually rush so I can gain an economic advantage. This also makes it easier to go for domination if the AI somehow catches up to me economically.

He is talking about in Multiplayer when a Zulu player doesn't attack any of the players, as he knows they will be defended. Instead, he takes advantage of the fact that for some reason there must always be an AI in the Multiplayer games, so he goes and take the AI capital because the AIs are extremely weak at defending. When said Zulu player does this, he gains an advantage over everyone else. What you must realize though, is that the city he just took will only be defended by a single warrior army, so you must use that to your advantage. Instead of complaining about it, send in a Legion or Horseman army and take the city from him. If he is like the rest of the Zulu players, he will send warrior armies after you well into the 1000's AD, which should be easy to counter.

He is talking about in Multiplayer when a Zulu player doesn't attack any of the players, as he knows they will be defended. Instead, he takes advantage of the fact that for some reason there must always be an AI in the Multiplayer games, so he goes and take the AI capital because the AIs are extremely weak at defending. When said Zulu player does this, he gains an advantage over everyone else. What you must realize though, is that the city he just took will only be defended by a single warrior army, so you must use that to your advantage. Instead of complaining about it, send in a Legion or Horseman army and take the city from him. If he is like the rest of the Zulu players, he will send warrior armies after you well into the 1000's AD, which should be easy to counter.

Kadazzle lets get something straight. Im not complaining im making a point about a flawed system. Your arguement of sending a legion or a horsemen army is risky because a good zulu player would get bronze working as the first tech to defend its taken ai capitals. 2nd Zulus usually take most of the barb villages around the map stoping you from getting vet horsemen armies or just getting the goodies in general >due to 2 movement(I consider this fair to the zulus). 3rd ive killed a counter horsemen rush with vet or vet guerilla warriors. Yes you could lose your whole horsemen rush to a simple zulu warrior army ITS FAIRLY EASY especially when using hills to scout and set pre sought attacks. Also i never leave the warriors in the city because i start making archers fairly quickly. I move em out and look for more weak ai cities, villiage or to see if there are any rushes in progress. I also usually have more than 1 warrior army because poping out zulu warrior armies easy due to overrun on barb villiages. I usually have one vet army at 3600-3500bc. Than the other 2 by 3000 bc.

But the BS part still boils down to the stupid AI. To easy to take out. But maybe the AI makes the head to head alot more aggressive especially in ancient era.

I have never played as the Zulus but they are definitely geared to an economic victory just as much as a Domination victory.

Kadazzle lets get something straight. Im not complaining im making a point about a flawed system. Your arguement of sending a legion or a horsemen army is risky because a good zulu player would get bronze working as the first tech to defend its taken ai capitals. 2nd Zulus usually take most of the barb villages around the map stoping you from getting vet horsemen armies or just getting the goodies in general >due to 2 movement(I consider this fair to the zulus). 3rd ive killed a counter horsemen rush with vet or vet guerilla warriors. Yes you could lose your whole horsemen rush to a simple zulu warrior army ITS FAIRLY EASY especially when using hills to scout and set pre sought attacks. Also i never leave the warriors in the city because i start making archers fairly quickly. I move em out and look for more weak ai cities, villiage or to see if there are any rushes in progress. I also usually have more than 1 warrior army because poping out zulu warrior armies easy due to overrun on barb villiages. I usually have one vet army at 3600-3500bc. Than the other 2 by 3000 bc.

But the BS part still boils down to the stupid AI. To easy to take out. But maybe the AI makes the head to head alot more aggressive especially in ancient era.

Then you admit you cheat? Because, if you get every time in 4 turns a VETERAN army, that means you killed 3 barbs (pretty impossible unless you get huge luck like a free village etc..)

Zulus are going to get the majority of villages, & the free settler that comes w/ them. After that so what. Also one capital doesnt mean a slam dunk game. BOOM Goes The Dynamite. Always wanted to say that. There are still three or two other human civs working against him.

I think the real problem is just flat out grade school cheating. Secret partners. Hmm- two players have twice my techs-amazing.

To get some of these leaderboard scores. Heres what I would do.

1. Two profile accounts
2. Secret partner to trade off losses. Ill take the win this time. You take it next time.
3. Rusher civs-its not about the game, its about the rank. Fast & as many as possible.

It is frustrating being the normal guy in a fanatical universe. I feel your pain. Some things to try. Give the AI your techs. Ring him up. Charge him five bucks & give him bronze working & what ever else he needs to survive.

Also realize, some of these guys are honest & have literally played hundreds & hundreds of games. Whats that bit about a room full of monkeys on typewriters eventually actually writing something. Its hard to beat old fashion trial & error, & infinity w/ your dozen or so forays into the breach. They know about the interesting Spanish Island strategy because theyve tried everything else.

Ignore leaderboard. Play non-leaderboard. Not as big a magnet to wackos who never won anything in gym class.

See you out there.
Manock14
Thinks its interesting eveybody has their pimp civs. I personally go anime over the Chinese. Others the Aztecs.

I find it amusing that in ancient egypt "nub" means gold. Even not as Zulu, wouldn't you like a free city? How strange.

The Romans with their early strong sordsmen are interesting.

You're complaining about people who play as Zulu killing a capital early?

You're complaining about RUSHING? If I leave my city undefended, I'm not going to go on a rant about how anyone who uses [civilization who beat me] is a noob.

Everything requires skill in some way or another. Some do indeed require less skill, but there are only a few, rare cases(I have seen) where something did NOT require skill.

it's not that all zulus are noobs, far from it. But you can be a noob and still win a lot of games with the zulu. Basically, the ai doesn't have a unit in their cap till 5 turns, so a zulu player can get an easy free cap. Also, the ai usually loses to an impi army in the first 20 turns.

usually it just takes one archer to hold off most impi armies, but it takes 5 turns to research this and more to build archers. warrior armies don't do the trick. the only skill that is a little harder for zulu players to pick up it seems is when to stop building warriors and start teching, growing and expanding.

the zulus are extremely easy to play with. Even newcomers (i'll avoid the term noob in this case) can win most of their games with the zulu. This has to do with the points i made above, and the fact that a lot of players don't know how to defend against the rush. If I live for 10 turns against zulu, usually they won't be able to rush me. But often they'll get at least one cap, usually more. that's a pretty big leg up. plus they'll get the majority of huts and barb villages due to their +1 movement and overrun bonus.

on top of that, they get rapid city growth after 5 techs, which is ridiculously powerful. couple this with republic and there's no problem expanding. then after 14 techs they get 50% gold, so with already control of the map, and a means to expand like gangbusters, it's usually no problem to win an economic victory by 1500AD if no one mounts a comeback.

the reason you see a lot of people call Zulu players noobs is because their skills get exposed after they get a couple caps and have a huge advantage early on. It's easy to spot these guys because they don't expand much, or at all, they tech slow, and lots of times they'll keep churning out warriors. By the time I'm getting to the modern, they usually haven't even made it to the industrial era. I can't tell you how many times I've beaten zulus who have taken all caps but mine, and I still crush them. No other civ has a players like this.

chinese players are quite the opposite. a lot rely too much on the horserush, but most often they just spam cities and don't defend, thinking they'll just tech up and win later. they can win a lot of games like this, but when pressed, often times their empire comes crumbling down like the house of cards it is.

Top Bottom